Be worried about ebola? (Truth?)

SirNumbers

I'd say yes, but I'm a doomsday prepper and I think everyone should own one. No harm in being prepared.

As well as a bug out bag, and a gun (at the minimum, any gun you can hunt with for food)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

the last thing we want is for facebook being swarmed with ebola shit and nobody doing anything, if it spreads more in the US, just take basic cautions, use a mask like the ones surgerons do, avoid contant with body fluids (kissing). and eveybody will be alright

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

And my house could explode tonight while i am sleeping... ZzzzZzzz

I'd say yes, but I'm a doomsday prepper and I think everyone should own one. No harm in being prepared.

As well as a bug out bag, and a gun (at the minimum, any gun you can hunt with for food)

Reason why I want to get my gun license

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The US can handle stuff like this....

We hope.

Reason why I want to get my gun license

Where do you live? Shouldn't need a license to own a basic 4/10 shotgun in the US.

At the risk of advertising, anyone who wants good prepper advice and products, check out www.cheaperthandirt.com , their forums are excellent for any and all gun advice, and general knowledge about things relating to survival, if you have an inclination like I do to sharpen the most important weapon you have, your mind.

We hope.

Where do you live? Shouldn't need a license to own a basic 4/10 shotgun in the US

Canada. :/

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Nothing to see here, move along sir. 

"These are not the droids you're looking for"

Canada. :/

Ahh. Why not move slightly south (not too far, then you get into areas where gun ownership is akin to murder)? I plan on moving to a state bordering canada, like montana. Where the barter system is still more prevalent than actual money.

I don't know of other ways Ebola could be spread besides contact with other people's bodily fluids. I don't think I'd have much issue with that, as I never touch anyone to begin with and I try to avoid people in public.

But I'd still be very nervous. I really hope a cure for it is found soon.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

And I just heard the hospital housing the ebola patient mistakenly RELEASED HIM.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ahh. Why not move slightly south (not too far, then you get into areas where gun ownership is akin to murder)? I plan on moving to a state bordering canada, like montana. Where the barter system is still more prevalent than actual money.

Well if doomsday happens I think people would be using money still because with barter, you have to have find someone with something you want, looking for what you have. Can be a pain. I'm a minor, but I've done a bit of investigation and you can get a gun license under age, you just have to take an extra safety course.

And I just heard the hospital housing the ebola patient mistakenly RELEASED HIM.

Yup, told him to go home, at least 5 children were exposed to him during that time. Sure we can handle this....

Well if doomsday happens I think people would be using money still because with barter, you have to have find someone with something you want, looking for what you have. Can be a pain. I'm a minor, but I've done a bit of investigation and you can get a gun license under age, you just have to take an extra safety course.

That seems sound, but it isn't. Think about it. what actual use does money have, other than buying things. If:

You can't eat it

You can't trade with it

You can't keep warm with it

You can't get inebriated off of it

You can't get food with it

You can't drink it

You can't get somewhere in it

Then it's going to be worthless. If the economies collapse due to being a pyramid scheme (if you didn't know.... the world economy is in fact a pyramid scheme, or runs like one), then anything that cant be eaten, drank, screwed, smoked, shot, or otherwise anything actually useful for day to day survival, is going to be worthless. Right now, money only has value because other people accept it in trade for the things you need and want, if/when that stops, what will you have? Worthless cotton, or numbers on a computer that may or may not be working.

Remember, we are talking about DOOMSDAY, you must assume

Money no longer has value

The government "rescue" isn't coming

It's every man/woman/child for his/her self

Yup, told him to go home, at least 5 children were exposed to him during that time. Sure we can handle this....

Well, that kind of worries me. If the children stay within Texas, the rest of the US should be fine.

I wonder what @MyInnerFred, _ASSASSIN_, and any other Texan here has to say.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That seems sound, but it isn't. Think about it. what actual use does money have, other than buying things. If:

You can't eat it

You can't trade with it

You can't drink it

Then it's going to be worthless. If the economies collapse due to being a pyramid scheme (if you didn't know.... the world economy is in fact a pyramid scheme, or runs like one), then anything that cant be eaten, drank, screwed, smoked, shot, or otherwise anything actually useful for day to day survival, is going to be worthless. Right now, money only has value because other people accept it in trade for the things you need and want, if/when that stops, what will you have? Worthless cotton, or numbers on a computer that may or may not be working.

This is true.

Well, that kind of worries me. If the children stay within Texas, the rest of the US should be fine.

I wonder what @MyInnerFred, _ASSASSIN_, and any other Texan here has to say.

Their probably too busy duck taping every crack in their house, and patrolling their perimeters right now (like I would be) lol.

Seriously though, this shit does scare me. For a while now I've believed that the government no longer has the best interest of the majority of the people in mind (notice they have COG "continuation of government" planned out, but not "continuation of society" or anything. also COG is top secret past a certain point as far as the line of succession goes)

TBH I don't spend my time worrying about things I can't control. I do like to prepare for things, I keep a bag of shit I might need if I crash in my truck and stuff like that, but say I caught it, Eh, Life was fun while it lasted.

You should have at least 3 weeks worth of kit preplanned, for each person in your house, and a meeting point pre designated for every member of your household.

that being said, I take a different route, I don't prepare for 3 weeks, I prepare for much longer, fishing supplies, hunting supplies, etc, everything I might need to be self sufficient indefinitaley

Their probably too busy duck taping every crack in their house, and patrolling their perimeters right now (like I would be) lol.

Seriously though, this shit does scare me. For a while now I've believed that the government no longer has the best interest of the majority of the people in mind (notice they have COG "continuation of government" planned out, but not "continuation of society" or anything. also COG is top secret past a certain point as far as the line of succession goes)

You should have at least 3 weeks worth of kit preplanned, for each person in your house, and a meeting point pre designated for every member of your household.

Yeah, the hospital was stupid for releasing him. They should at least keep him in an area where they can monitor him.

Yeah, the hospital was stupid for releasing him. They should at least keep him in an area where they can monitor him.

shoulda woulda coulda lol. I honestly don't think they give a shit. Chances are, they're all vaccinated.

You can't eat it

You can't trade with it

You can't drink it

Taking a civilized society and putting them in a doomsday situation is incredibly hard. 

Organization and money will always come into circulation. The financial system of the world itself is immune to collapse thanks to powers that control them. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Taking a civilized society and putting them in a doomsday situation is incredibly hard. 

Organization and money will always come into circulation. The financial system of the world itself is immune to collapse thanks to powers that control them. 

#firstworldproblems

shoulda woulda coulda lol. I honestly don't think they give a shit. Chances are, they're all vaccinated.

Is there a vaccine for ebola? Nope.

Please, people. Ebola is just a virus and not a particularly virulent one. The reason why it's spreading through Liberia is due to the lack of basic sanitation and medical infrastructure. Nigeria managed to contain the spread and that's hardly a rich country with top of the line hospitals. This is not a dooms day scenario....

...Unless it mutates and spreads through air with long incubation periods.... RUN!!!

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)