Can I replace my regular glasses with Gunnars?

Cs342

I was wondering if I could simply use Gunnars 24/7, even when I'm not using my computer. Are there any fundamental differences between Gunnars and regular glasses that would make it ad for me to use them even outdoors?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

By regular glasses, do you mean prescription glasses or sunglasses?

They block out blue light by having a yellow tint so i would not recommend it unless you want to see in a yellow tint lol

Ask Gunnar if they can make lenses with your dioptry, if so, why not?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Are we talking about the yellow tinted ones or the clear ones? I wouldn't be too keen on seeing everything with a yellow tint, walking around all day.

If you wear prescription glasses, OBVIOUSLY you can't swap them for gunnars.

If you are talking about sunglasses however yeah you can swap them, I sometimes wear yellow tinted safety glasses (basically same as gunnars without the magnification)  and I love it it makes everything seem clearer. I'd wear them all the time if I didn't look like such a knob with them.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The yellow tinted ones would not be advised to use every day. The colouring of them is designed to block out the bright blue hues, and so would limit your colour spectrum. Plus you'd look a bit strange as well.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You could also get glasses that do the same thing as gunnars at pretty much any shop that makes glasses.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX1060 3GB, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.

why would you? you'd look like a total tool.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I want to swap my prescription glasses for transparent prescription gunnars

What's Gunnar?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me.

What's Gunnar?

someone who guns. duh

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

someone who guns. duh

so Snipar is someone who snipes?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me.

so Snipar is someone who snipes?

now you're getting it  ;)

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

now you're getting it  ;)

No, I don't think you're getting it.

No, I don't think you're getting it.

i'm not?

i'm not?

Not at all

No, Gunnars aren't prescription glasses and if you drive for example you legally need your prescription glasses.

No, Gunnars aren't prescription glasses and if you drive for example you legally need your prescription glasses.

You can get prescription ones...

You can get prescription gunnars. 

Are they as safe as regular prescription glasses?

I was wondering if I could simply use Gunnars 24/7, even when I'm not using my computer. Are there any fundamental differences between Gunnars and regular glasses that would make it ad for me to use them even outdoors?

You can have prescription versions which is just putting the filter on a your regular prescription glasses and then labeling it GunnarRx but i don't think it would be wise as the filter on Gunnars could lead to migraines and a unrealistic view of how things really looks.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You can have prescription versions which is just putting the filter on a your regular prescription glasses and then labeling it GunnarRx but i don't think it would be wise as the filter on Gunnars could lead to migraines and a unrealistic view of how things really looks.

Are there any websites where I could order cheap prescription glasses then? I need to get gunnars as well as prescription glasses