Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Everything perfect for me as well, except a Code 50 bluescreen after exiting CS:GO o.0

i5, GTX660, ASUS mobo, 4GB RAM, SSD,

ya im gonna take the plunge and just do it I hope it gains SLI support quick though

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Finally installed, looks pretty sweet.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

could i use this as my daily driver or is that a stupid thing to do?

could i use this as my daily driver or is that a stupid thing to do?

I have been on my laptop since it came out, and for me it seems to work ok. That being said, there is a very real potential your experience could not be as smooth and you very well could run in to issues. I only did it cause I don't use my laptop as much as I used to and primarily use my desktop anymore, so if it was janky, I could deal with it, and if I had to wipe it, I wouldn't be down my primary machine. Also, apparently microsoft is collecting a large amount of user data in the preview, so make sure you're aware of that and ok with it before you install it.

On a related note, if anyone figures out how to disable that, I would really appreciate instructions.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

I have been on my laptop since it came out, and for me it seems to work ok. That being said, there is a very real potential your experience could not be as smooth and you very well could run in to issues. I only did it cause I don't use my laptop as much as I used to and primarily use my desktop anymore, so if it was janky, I could deal with it, and if I had to wipe it, I wouldn't be down my primary machine. Also, apparently microsoft is collecting a large amount of user data in the preview, so make sure you're aware of that and ok with it before you install it.

On a related note, if anyone figures out how to disable that, I would really appreciate instructions.

Couldn't you run a VPN to deal with that?

Couldn't you run a VPN to deal with that?

I don't think that would help if they are recording the data locally and then sending it out. The computer would seemingly just use whatever internet connection is available to send the data to wherever it's supposed to go.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Windows 10 preview is ready to install as I speak. I've got my hard drives ready and waiting to back up everything...

"plugs nose, closes eyes"

here I go for the plunge!

So far, I am pretty happy with it. For Microsoft, I am actually surprised that it has been stable. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I installed it on a VM and looked around abit for 10 mins, nothing really different besides the DISGUSTING NEW ICONS. I am seriously thinking about skipping this just because of the icons...

Sure I can just change them all but too lazy :P

The only thing that can get me to switch is DX12

Is anyone having issues booting up nvidia control panal? I cannot do it aside from off a fresh driver install then it loses the ability after I get into it the 1st time. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I think I don't give a shit. If they want to come after me, odds are they already know where I am: 8000 miles away in a foreign land.

If it becomes a concern, I'll ditch it and use Slackware. I've disabled my webcam at the BIOS level so they can't see what I'm doing.

It makes me a little nervous, but the worst thing I do is watch TV shows on some less than perfectly legitimate websites, and I figure that's not enough to worry about selling me out for. If it were to be this way on the final version of the OS, that would be a much bigger deal to me, but being it is a developer preview, I can see why they did it, though I wish they would have built in a way to turn it off, or that someone will find a way to do it manually.

I have decided to pin this topic for the foreseeable future... Other topics regarding Windows 10 have been posted before this one, but this has the most interest and the most potential for "testing" productive discussion.

I'm also curious to see what bugs you gentlemen (and women) find, so I'll be following this topic closely. I decided to chuck this OS on one of my SSDs, so we'll see how well it works with multiple monitors, games, programs etc.

It makes me a little nervous, but the worst thing I do is watch TV shows on some less than perfectly legitimate websites, and I figure that's not enough to worry about selling me out for. If it were to be this way on the final version of the OS, that would be a much bigger deal to me, but being it is a developer preview, I can see why they did it, though I wish they would have built in a way to turn it off, or that someone will find a way to do it manually.

They give you a free OS, so it's fine with me that they take stuff from me. I don't pirate anything, so I'm legit :D

I have decided to pin this topic for the foreseeable future... Other topics regarding Windows 10 have been posted before this one, but this has the most interest and the most potential for "testing" productive discussion.

I'm also curious to see what bugs you gentlemen (and women) find, so I'll be following this topic closely. I decided to chuck this OS on one of my SSDs, so we'll see how well it works with multiple monitors, games, programs etc.

I wish that more people would post their analysys though. I think that it might come when Microsoft makes more changes to the system than just UI.

I think I don't give a shit. If they want to come after me, odds are they already know where I am: 8000 miles away in a foreign land.

If it becomes a concern, I'll ditch it and use Slackware. I've disabled my webcam at the BIOS level so they can't see what I'm doing.

Enjoy the keylogger Windows 10 Technical Preview comes with. It's pointless to run a Technical Preview as a primary daily driver.

Enjoy the keylogger Windows 10 Technical Preview comes with. It's pointless to run a Technical Preview as a primary daily driver.

I was all for it until I figured that out. I did so for seven preview, but I think I'm waiting for 10. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

and yet, and yet...

I had nothing else to do.  I made it my main as well.   :P    from Win 7 Ultimate.  B)

Whats a proper test if not a real world one.  (worse case scenario I re-install win 7 and wait for 10.)

I haven't noticed anything wrong outside of having to re-install my GFX driver

So far I like the UI and the multi-moniter support.   Got rid of all the tiles and Apps ASAP after install.   

you are not the only one i did it aswell untill now no problem running

I use it as my primary daily driver and I don't care. If there wasn't a keylogger built into Windows the NSA would be all over what you're doing anyways. I don't do stupid things on my PC that I wouldn't do with the people around me staring at my screen, why would I care if Microsoft took a peek?

All they would see is LTT and the One Direction tumblr tag anyways

"Rawr XD"

I hope you guys aren't using the links that the OP posted, because those are 100% wrong.

This is the correct one: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

You need to to be part of the insider program.

Anyone can be a part of the insider program, as long as the age on your microsoft account is >=18

And the links on the OP for for downloading the ISOs directly over Microsoft's servers, without having to go through signup

"Rawr XD"

Anyone can be a part of the insider program, as long as the age on your microsoft account is >=18

And the links on the OP for for downloading the ISOs directly over Microsoft's servers, without having to go through signup

No. You need to register.

Exactly, that is why his links are wrong, you are not registered.

No. You need to register.

Exactly, that is why his links are wrong, you are not registered.

There is no specific requirements to be part of the Insider Program, for example you don't have to be a developer.

Also the OP stated that they are Download Links, and the links are to download the ISO, so no, they are not wrong. They would be wrong if the OP said the links were for the Windows Technical Preview/Insider Program info page

"Rawr XD"