I feel like such an idiot- Battlefield 4 :(

scaryjam823

Go to solution Solved by UnknownEngineer,

The option has always been there, I have known about he for a long time but even then never really saw the point of using them. Getting levels is easy enough as it is, and since there is no proper rewards for getting a higher level it is even less relevant.

I have gained most of my levels without them, I have use about a dozen of the all combined 25% 50% 100% and 200%.

The 25% and 50% boost are just useless, I wish I could just lump them all into one along boost and use them that way.

Not noticing the feature doesn't make you an idiot, it just means you were focused on actually playing the game, not on getting the highest level the fastest.

Additionally: Have you joined the LTT platoon yet?

So I have 195 hours in bf4 at this moment. I consider myself slightly above average, usually in the top 5 of my matches. I just casually play and don't really care how well I do, just for fun. Anyways I always knew you got xp boosts, up until yesterday I assumed that they were automatically applied. Yesterday I noticed after I joined a match I could select which xp boost I wanted... I have about 20 100% xp boost, 47 25% (I think) xp boosts and so on... I feel like an idiot. :( I could be probably 20+ levels higher than I am at this point had I paid more attention.  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Has it always been on the screen when you press the ESC key? Am I really that blind?

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

So I have 195 hours in bf4 at this moment. I consider myself slightly above average, usually in the top 5 of my matches. I just casually play and don't really care how well I do, just for fun. Anyways I always knew you got xp boosts, up until yesterday I assumed that they were automatically applied. Yesterday I noticed after I joined a match I could select which xp boost I wanted... I have about 20 100% xp boost, 47 25% (I think) xp boosts and so on... I feel like an idiot. :( I could be probably 20+ levels higher than I am at this point had I paid more attention.  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Has it always been on the screen when you press the ESC key? Am I really that blind?

Hahaha i have 300+ hours in BF4 and since like 10 hours in i knew about the XP boosts! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

BF4 is lame

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

The option has always been there, I have known about he for a long time but even then never really saw the point of using them. Getting levels is easy enough as it is, and since there is no proper rewards for getting a higher level it is even less relevant.

I have gained most of my levels without them, I have use about a dozen of the all combined 25% 50% 100% and 200%.

The 25% and 50% boost are just useless, I wish I could just lump them all into one along boost and use them that way.

Not noticing the feature doesn't make you an idiot, it just means you were focused on actually playing the game, not on getting the highest level the fastest.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Wanna play some time?

I activated the 25% boost and played a few games, didn't see much use in it. The 100% boosts on the other hand could have came in handy. Especially when I find a server full of bad players. when I've pulled 15,000 points or higher. I am objective oriented and play mostly dom. I couldn't care any less about my k/d, my focus is winning the objective for the game mode I play. I just feel like I wasted so much possible xp, but that could just be my ocd playing a role. :P I have not joined the platoon or really even know what it is lol. I am not even in a clan on bf4, I just play in pubs and do my own thing. I wouldn't mind joining something though, because playing in pubs get frustrating when so many focus on their k/d like they're played tdm. And I have a few 200% xp boosts as well. At least I knew about battlepacks does that count for something? :P

@The Hippo

My origin name is the same on here, we could play sometime. :)

I've just now started touching on conquest. I normally have played dom and pistols only dom. Seem like the less op game types. I probably have about 10 hours in conquest the past few days. Been trying my hand at sniping with the recon class. I'm not the best sniper, but I am better than I was. Usually come close to breaking even. I still have learning to do there, conquest is a lot different than dom, especially when I have so many hours invested it is nearly second nature. 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I activated the 25% boost and played a few games, didn't see much use in it. The 100% boosts on the other hand could have came in handy. Especially when I find a server full of bad players. when I've pulled 15,000 points or higher. I am objective oriented and play mostly dom. I couldn't care any less about my k/d, my focus is winning the objective for the game mode I play. I just feel like I wasted so much possible xp, but that could just be my ocd playing a role. :P I have not joined the platoon or really even know what it is lol. I am not even in a clan on bf4, I just play in pubs and do my own thing. I wouldn't mind joining something though, because playing in pubs get frustrating when so many focus on their k/d like they're played tdm. 

@The Hippo

My origin name is the same on here, we could play sometime. :)

Thx dude i will add you when i come home and 1 thing more where are you from? :huh:

I actually got to around 400 hours before I started using XP boosts x3

I knew they were there, I just never really bothered using them. Had well over 200 25% boosts stocked up.

Still have close to 200 actually, as i've been using the bigger boosts mostly =P

I actually got to around 400 hours before I started using XP boosts x3

I knew they were there, I just never really bothered using them. Had well over 200 25% boosts stocked up.

Still have close to 200 actually, as i've been using the bigger boosts mostly =P

Well at least I am not the only one who didn't use them early. :P

Thx dude i will add you when i come home and 1 thing more where are you from? :huh:

Good ole Alabama sir.  ;)

Family guy sucks doodoo.

Your answer is as bad as the netcode of Bf4

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Your answer is as bad as the netcode of Bf4

Yours wasn't any better coming here to complain about a game. 

I activated the 25% boost and played a few games, didn't see much use in it. The 100% boosts on the other hand could have came in handy. Especially when I find a server full of bad players. when I've pulled 15,000 points or higher. I am objective oriented and play mostly dom. I couldn't care any less about my k/d, my focus is winning the objective for the game mode I play. I just feel like I wasted so much possible xp, but that could just be my ocd playing a role. :P I have not joined the platoon or really even know what it is lol. I am not even in a clan on bf4, I just play in pubs and do my own thing. I wouldn't mind joining something though, because playing in pubs get frustrating when so many focus on their k/d like they're played tdm. And I have a few 200% xp boosts as well. At least I knew about battlepacks does that count for something? :P

I've just now started touching on conquest. I normally have played dom and pistols only dom. Seem like the less op game types. I probably have about 10 hours in conquest the past few days. Been trying my hand at sniping with the recon class. I'm not the best sniper, but I am better than I was. Usually come close to breaking even. I still have learning to do there, conquest is a lot different than dom, especially when I have so many hours invested it is nearly second nature. 

Here is the platoon.

We don't really have any set play times, we just play whenever people happen to be online at the same time.

As for my play-style, well that depends on the game, in domination I will often avoid the front-line massacres and bountiful enemies in favor of defending a single flag, all out war isn't what I excel at. If there is a set objective then that is what I will go for, as long as we win the objective as a team and don't end the mach by pushing the enemy to their base I will enjoy the game, also not getting rekt as an individual is nice.

You can add me with the same name as on LTT, battle-log soldier page here.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Here is the platoon.

We don't really have any set play times, we just play whenever people happen to be online at the same time.

As for my play-style, well that depends on the game, in domination I will often avoid the front-line massacres and bountiful enemies in favor of defending a single flag, all out war isn't what I excel at. If there is a set objective then that is what I will go for, as long as we win the objective as a team and don't end the mach by pushing the enemy to their base I will enjoy the game, also not getting rekt as an individual is nice.

You can add me with the same name as on LTT, battle-log soldier page here.

Sweet, I added you and applied. My play style is aggressive, I could nearly double my kd if I wasn't so brute force. But I like to attack hard even if it is 4 on 1, I wont give up till we capped that obj.  :D If the opposing team is really aweful I'm more relaxed and let the k/d rack up, that's when I have my 3 or 4 k/d. Normally its around 1.5-2.5. Unfortunately it doesn't show on my profile because I don't really care too much and for my first 30 levels I was lucky to even go .2. Having never played battlefield before and jumping into bf4 it was a steep learning curve from cod what I was used to. I enjoy this a lot more now though. :)