xbox one in 144hz monitor

Maverick5500

not sure if this should be in the monitor section but anyway

will i get tearing or any other display defects. has anyone done this??

thanks guys

Returning after 8 years dormant

tbh, it's not worth it.. Consoles get max 30-60 FPS and having a 144Hz monitor on that wont look nice.. It's not worth the cost imo

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

No tearing or anything like that.

You just won't get anything over 60fps. Not worth it if you're buying the monitor exclusively for the Xbox. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I wouldn't worry about any tearing, that only occurs when the output frame rate is over the refresh rate of the monitor. An Xbox One playing the newer titles will not see above 60FPS often, if at all.

Could it be done, yes. Would it be worth it, in my opinion, no.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Tearing depends on the output source (frames aren't synced to the monitors refreshcycles which results in a partly displayed image) but there are certainly some advantages to high refreshrate monitors, especially the quick response times that some professional console players want.

I doubt that you play on an ESL, MLG or EGL level so a normal 60Hz monitor should suffice.

144Hz goodness

I run my xbox on a 144Hz panel. Although it doesn't refresh higher than 30FPS the response times and overall playability is improved.

tbh, it's not worth it.. Consoles get max 30-60 FPS and having a 144Hz monitor on that wont look nice.. It's not worth the cost imo

just remember you wont actually get 144fps with the xbox one.

No tearing or anything like that.

You just won't get anything over 60fps. Not worth it if you're buying the monitor exclusively for the Xbox. 

guys i know it wont get 144 fps i was going to use the same monitor on my pc...

while i wait for the swift xD

Returning after 8 years dormant

guys i know it wont get 144 fps i was going to use the same monitor on my pc...

while i wait for the swift xD

Well if you're also gonna use it on your PC and you can get high FPS there, then I'd say it's def worth it!

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

How are you guys able to play your consoles off of 144hz monitors? Can 144 HZ be achieved via HDMI? Is G-Sync the only reason why a lot of high refresh rate monitors I have seen have been Display Port only?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

How are you guys able to play your consoles off of 144hz monitors? Can 144 HZ be achieved via HDMI? Is G-Sync the only reason why a lot of high refresh rate monitors I have seen have been Display Port only?

Since none of the consoles outputs at a 144Hz it doesn't matter anyway.

HDMI 1.4 technically has the bandwidth capability to throughput 100FPS+ but it doesn't work on every monitor apparently. Dual Link DVI also can throughput 144Hz at 1080p, don't know about 1440p though - which probably only works with DisplayPort 1.2.

144Hz goodness

U won't tear but u won't get 144 fps. EVER.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

not sure if this should be in the monitor section but anyway

will i get tearing or any other display defects. has anyone done this??

thanks guys

It'll work like normal, I use my PS4 With my Benq 144hz monitor for my PC.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

• 2 years later...

If you could find a 60 hz 1 ms response rate that would probably be better for your xbox. I'm not entirely sure they sell them though because I never have shopped for a 60hz 1ms monitor haha.

(I SEE THIS IS 2 YEARS OLD HOW DO I DELETE IT!?!?!?!)

Edited by dissenxd

How do I delete this I just realized this thread is 2 yrs old.