Windows 10 are you getting it!?

uhMayzedHD

What you guys think of Microsoft skipping Windows 9 and moving forward with 10? And for people that got Windows 8 are you going get windows 10 or stick with Windows 8 I know a lot people love Windows 8 and going back to the old way might feel weird and if you are going forward to windows 8 what feature would you like to see in windows 10 that was carry over from windows 8?!

Sames goes for Windows 7 users are you going to 10 or you sticking with 7?

post-103333-0-97195900-1412110451_thumb.

What you guys think of Microsoft skipping Windows 9 and moving forward with 10? And for people that got Windows 8 are you going get windows 10 or stick with Windows 8 I know a lot people love Windows 8 and going back to the old way might feel weird and if you are going forward to windows 8 what feature would you like to see in windows 10 that was carry over from windows 8?!

Sames goes for Windows 7 users are you going to 10 or you sticking with 7?

skipping 9, ehhh not a big deal. nvidia pretty much skipped 800 series. my wife has win8, i think i will move her over to 10 because it will give her back that start menu. yeah you can install a couple of third party programs to get it back now, but i feel i shouldnt have to do that for such a fundamental part of an OS. i have win7 on my desktop and so far have mixed feelings from what i have seen. once the tech preview is released i think i will put it into a VM and try it out there to see how i like it. it might be my next OS, i might be on win7 for few more years. if i am on win7 until it goes EOL then i will have to kinda stop gaming if windows hasnt gotten decent enough. and if linux has enough games on it, then i will just dump windows anyway.

Getting what? people are going "crazy" like its actually final product.Its just an alpha version IMO,how do you know if you want it or not until all features are revealed(if any other).

If you mean the technical preview then yes i will get it,throw it into a VM test everything out and maybe even make a partition and dual boot my 8.1 with 10.

Edited by deviant88

As far as I know. The upgrade from Windows 8 will be free. So why not, seems like the best of both worlds for me.

I have to say I'm sort of disappointed with this. Unless they've fixed their indexing I'm not sure I'll be upgrading. This just feels like the same old Windows with a start menu put back in like it should have been in the first place.

I was expecting radical lysing of the OS to remove all the bloat and maybe restructuring from the ground up. Maybe Windows 11? Or is it just antithetical to Microsoft's vision of what Windows is? This feels more like an OS X release in more than one way -- similar UI, minimal changes to overall look and feel.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Definitely will, because any upgrade from Windows 8 is a good upgrade!  :ph34r:

As far as I know. The upgrade from Windows 8 will be free. So why not, seems like the best of both worlds for me.

That's what I'm hoping for, all of my computers run 8.1 so if it were free from the Microsoft Store I'd probably cry of happiness. It'll also (hopefully) put an end to XP when people realize how freaking old it is as well as Vista, cuz I guess people still use that...

I also, for some reason, am glad that fewer people will be using W7 after that. People complaining "DURR I DON'T LIKE THE START MENU" who have no idea that you can replace it for free will be satisfied.

I'm basically expecting that Windows 10 will be W8.1 with a start menu, multiple desktops and HOPEFULLY, the same amazing task manager that 8 had.

/rant done

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have to say I'm sort of disappointed with this. Unless they've fixed their indexing I'm not sure I'll be upgrading. This just feels like the same old Windows with a start menu put back in like it should have been in the first place.

I was expecting radical lysing of the OS to remove all the bloat and maybe restructuring from the ground up. Maybe Windows 11? Or is it just antithetical to Microsoft's vision of what Windows is? This feels more like an OS X release in more than one way -- similar UI, minimal changes to overall look and feel.

Windows 10 is not fully developed yet...