im getting a second 780, and i want this one to be the main, does pci slot matter?

Rorgash

So im getting another 780, i got a mobo with 3 possible pci lanes, for looks i want my old card in the top position and this one below it, but as this card is (most likely) better than that one i have, i want it as my main in case the game doesnt support SLI so that i use my most powerful card.

So how does this work? because so far google isnt talking :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Well as fast as I know the top one is the "Master" card so you need to put the best card at the top, not the best looking one but the best performing one.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

consult your manual, it is not always the top slot!

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Well as fast as I know the top one is the "Master" card so you need to put the best card at the top, not the best looking one but the best performing one.

consult your manual, it is not always the top slot!

hmm thought so.. hoped for a option in Nvidia control panel :(

hmm thought so.. hoped for a option in Nvidia control panel :(

with manual I actually meant your mobo, it should state where to put what the best way.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Well, since it is Nvidia you can see  which is the main card when you are in Nvidia Control Panel.
I believe the master card is the one the display is plugged into, however I am not sure about that so please do not quote me on that.

You could try that and if does not work, just switch the cards to be a less aesthetic setup but a more functional one

can someone correct me on "aesthetic", I am not sure about the spelling of this word... :(

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

In mother Russia pcie slots you.

Spam post is spam

@MisterZero

Aesthetic is correct.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Spam post is spam

@MisterZero

Aesthetic is correct.

Thank you :)

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Thank you :)

You're welcome sir. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Spam post is spam

@MisterZero

Aesthetic is correct.

Why dont you get a real gpu instead of two out dated ones I'm sli. Peasant.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

serious? 2 780´s outperform a 980 by far.. and i already have one so its also HALF the cost of a single 980...

I don't have two gpus and the 980 just came out you troll, try harder if you're gonna be a troll because you're just making yourself look stupid right now. Especially since you have a 780ti that is just as outdated as my 780, go away scrub.