ASUS PB278Q or ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift

Maverick5500

for a gtx 980 :)

im not sure what to buy but

im leaning to the pb for the image quality but the gsync is in the back of my mind lol but its double the price...

or and other 2560x1440 monitors?

thanks guys :) B)

Returning after 8 years dormant

I have the PB and I am very happy with it :) 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

ROG SWIFT ALL THE WAY !

If you have the money , and you plan on playing competitive games ( CS:GO , any RTS/MOBA )

im leaning to the pb for the image quality but the gsync is in the back of my mind lol but its double the price...

You have to decide. G-Sync and 144Hz at a higher price (best if you go SLI then also) or a sweet IPS panel with better color reproduction and a reasonable response time for cheaper, that a single GTX 980 can push no prob.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

144hz! 144hz! 144hz!

If you have the money get the swift. I promise that the refresh rate is worth it, even if you aren't playing anything competitively. And if you are it is a necessity.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

the swift is double the price of the pb though... :o

or get the pb sell it and then get the swift?

the swift is double the price of the pb though... :o

or get the pb sell it and then get the swift?

Take a look at this and decide if you want to get the 144hz which you'll get on SLI 980 , but only in some games, or the IPS for nice colorz and shiz

...or and other 2560x1440 monitors...

That's good engrish! :P JK

I'm just messin' with ya mate!

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'd personally go with the very popular ASUS PB278Q or another pretty good 1440p monitor, the BenQ GW2765HM. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Go with the PG, more designed for the future than the PB. Better gaming expirence, ips/pls isn't all what people make it to be on here. Sure it's good if you sit at a funny angle, but who doesn't look straight when gaming? Amy degrade in colour accuracy probably won't be noticeable. Blacks will most likely be better though.

Buy a monitor for the next 6 years, buy a gpu for the next years.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

PB has a better version available in EU, I don't remember their names but some friends here warned me not to get it. It has a PWM backlight or something, I don't remember. Be sure to check that out first. Just a heads-up! :) Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the product here...

RoG Swift is amazing, unfortunately the price is amazing too... You can wait for the Acer G-Sync 4K to come out, prices might drop after the release... You never know.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

PB has a better version available in EU, I don't remember their names but some friends here warned me not to get it. It has a PWM backlight or something, I don't remember. Be sure to check that out first. Just a heads-up! :) Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the product here...

RoG Swift is amazing, unfortunately the price is amazing too... You can wait for the Acer G-Sync 4K to come out, prices might drop after the release... You never know.

not intrested in 4k atm rather go triple 2560 x 1440

not intrested in 4k atm rather go triple 2560 x 1440

I don't like triple monitor setups but to each his own. :)

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Are you talking about the PB278QR? Do you know when it'll be out for the US?

Are you talking about the PB278QR? Do you know when it'll be out for the US?

Unfortunately no. :( I'm in EU though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

You have to decide. G-Sync and 144Hz at a higher price (best if you go SLI then also) or a sweet IPS panel with better color reproduction and a reasonable response time for cheaper, that a single GTX 980 can push no prob.

SLI and G-sync are getting a lot of complaints about stuttering, especially when paired with the Swift.  Take a look at the SLI sub-forum on the nvidia page.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

SLI and G-sync are getting a lot of complaints about stuttering, especially when paired with the Swift. Take a look at the SLI sub-forum on the nvidia page.

Yes there were issues but latest WHQL 344.11 driver fixed everything. Buttery smooth with zero issues for me. :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Get the RoG Swift! I actually had the PB 4K and it did look nice but the 60hz just didnt make games enjoyable. Resolution doesnt matter unless the game runs smoothly. And tbh once youre "sucked" in the game you cant even tell that ur playing at 4K or watever. Double the price sure but it is sooo worth it. Gsync is absolutely mind blowing and I will never buy another monitor that doesnt have it.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Get the RoG Swift! I actually had the PB 4K and it did look nice but the 60hz just didnt make games enjoyable. Resolution doesnt matter unless the game runs smoothly. And tbh once youre "sucked" in the game you cant even tell that ur playing at 4K or watever. Double the price sure but it is sooo worth it. Gsync is absolutely mind blowing and I will never buy another monitor that doesnt have it.

I wasn't going for the 4K one I was looking at the pb278q with the pls but the swift is $1000 here in Australia. And would you go one 980 then add another one later or 2 sli 970s?

I wasn't going for the 4K one I was looking at the pb278q with the pls but the swift is $1000 here in Australia. And would you go one 980 then add another one later or 2 sli 970s?

Oh ok, and yea 1 980 should be enough for now and then I'd add another later on. Personally I'm sticking with my sli 780's (which are basically equivalent to 970's) until the 980 Ti rolls around within the next 6 months or so. 

If you got the cash, the ROG Swift is pretty amazing. I took the plunge yesterday after contemplating between the same two monitors.

from what i can see the frame rates appear to be the same, but the graphics look so much smoother. It is hard to describe, but once you experience it, you wont go back.

The panel is TN, so the colours are not as good, but it really isnt as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I'm very happy with the colours and viewing angles.

It is expensive, and i don't recommend it if you are mostly playing games like Starcraft, DoTa or League of Legends etc. but for First Person shooters, or fast paced games, you will see what the benefit G-Sync provides. It is really awesome.

The only feature i don't use is the 3D vision capability, so I can't give you any experience about that.

Intel i7 4790K | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard | Kingston Beast 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Corsair AX860i Power supply | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Storm Trooper w/ window | Samsung EVO 500gb SSD | WD Black 2TB | Asus GTX980

If you got the cash, the ROG Swift is pretty amazing. I took the plunge yesterday after contemplating between the same two monitors.

from what i can see the frame rates appear to be the same, but the graphics look so much smoother. It is hard to describe, but once you experience it, you wont go back.

The panel is TN, so the colours are not as good, but it really isnt as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I'm very happy with the colours and viewing angles.

It is expensive, and i don't recommend it if you are mostly playing games like Starcraft, DoTa or League of Legends etc. but for First Person shooters, or fast paced games, you will see what the benefit G-Sync provides. It is really awesome.

The only feature i don't use is the 3D vision capability, so I can't give you any experience about that.

Thanks man!! What do you run with the swift?

I play mainly Cs, but other stuff as well

Yes there were issues but latest WHQL 344.11 driver fixed everything. Buttery smooth with zero issues for me. :)

Is it really?  I tried to get a response from those who had issues on the nvidia forum and....nobody replied ):  I'm itching to get one now that I know it works properly!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Thanks man!! What do you run with the swift?

I play mainly Cs, but other stuff as well

I just got the monitor yesterday, and at the moment im playing the Batman Series (Steam was having a sale last week).

Dark colours and blacks are good, and Batman being a dark and gloomy game looks great.

A colourful game like LEGO Marvel Super heroes, the colours were very good and vibrant (although I didnt notice the g-sync feature).

Battlefield 4 is where it was very noticible with the g-sync feature.

I haven't tried it with CS, but im sure it will look great and you will notice the smoothness like Battlefield.

i'll spend a bit more time on it on the weekend and play with the ULMB feature (havent tried it yet).

Intel i7 4790K | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard | Kingston Beast 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Corsair AX860i Power supply | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Storm Trooper w/ window | Samsung EVO 500gb SSD | WD Black 2TB | Asus GTX980