ROG Swift VS LG34UC97

Max Ruscky

Go to solution Solved by Lavachyste,

@Max Ruscky I have the LG 34um95, which is very similar to the C97 one (just not curved). I play lot of games and it works perfectly fine with a 780Ti. Also the display is simply beautiful. But the C97 does notr have a Vesa mount depending on your region. For me the LG is great and would not change it.

Hi,

This is my first post here, been a great fan of Linus Tech Tips for some time and got a lot of useful information. I think its time to be more active on the forums. My question is, I am about to upgrade my monitor and cannot decide which would be best.

I have my eye set on either ROG Swift or the new curved 21:9 LG monitor. I have GTX Titan Black to power either monitor so hopefully would be enough.  My main uses are for gaming (Elite Dangerous, Battlefield, so a mix of FPS, RTS, RPG and other various games) I will also use it for work occasionally which mostly involves working with spread sheets and the like.

Any suggestions and advice are welcome.

Thanks

Max

Gaming = G-sync.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX1060 3GB, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.

Id go 21:9 but thats just me. Do you want to be really good at games or be immersed?

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

@Max Ruscky I have the LG 34um95, which is very similar to the C97 one (just not curved). I play lot of games and it works perfectly fine with a 780Ti. Also the display is simply beautiful. But the C97 does notr have a Vesa mount depending on your region. For me the LG is great and would not change it.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. I think I'm more into immersion than having perfect FPS or response times. Never experienced G sync so not sure if I'm missing out on much? I have a big enough desk so I don't think I will have a use for a VESA mount anyways. I live in UK and I think overclockers do pre-orders of the LG 34 UC97 so not sure if they will do them with the mount or not.