Heaven Society - Week 19 Anime Poll

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 19 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic
Current

This was suggested by @xViinskI saying "The story is centered around three characters in a world going corrupt from magic. It has two completed seasons and is fairly entertaining."

and @Legion said "I can't say much about this anime as I haven't had the chance to watch it. But the MAL Synopsis caught my eye." about the second sequel Magi: The Kingdom of Magic.

In a fantastic middle-age world where slavery is very common, there are mysterious tall towers named "Dungeon" which mysteriously appeared out of nowhere fourteen years before the story line. Someone who conquers a Dungeon becomes very powerful and wealthy. Our hero Ali Baba is a teenager who works for merchants to support himself. He dreams for conquering a lot of Dungeons and becoming a very rich person. One day, he comes across with a strange young boy named Aladdin who carries a mystical flute with supernatural powers in it. Ali Baba and Aladdin agree to travel their first Dungeon together.
Read more at ANN

8bEHECo.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Recent

This was suggested by @azurezeed saying "really is one of the best animes i've ever seen, it's really funny have some great drama and the romance is good, the ending is also very satisfying."

As well as by @Youbetternot saying "it's unique Rom-com slice of life is very moving/emotional. The characters in the anime are very interesting and fun to watch. I believe everyone should have a taste of the anime"

Sorata is kicked out of his high-school dorms for keeping a cat, and moves into a small dorm called Sakuraso. It turns out that all the residents, in addition to being uncontrollable and weird, are outstanding in some way: a well-known animator, a scriptwriter, a programmer. A beautiful girl called Mashiro moves in who is an internationally known painter but is so devoted to art that she can't even dress herself, and Sorata is given the job of looking after her. Through her and the other residents, he learns who he is and what he wants to do.
Read more at ANN

ROZu4fc.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Beelzebub
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Action/Comedy, I enjoyed the action/characters in this anime. It has a stupid ending, but was pretty good up until that point. I assume we were expected to read the manga to continue the actual story."

As well as by @GloriousPain saying "Laughs and Ass kicking back to back, oh yes and a Naked Baby Demon Lord... 'Nuff Said"

Tatsumi Oga is a first year student in Ishiyama High School, a school for delinquents, where he is called the "strongest juvenile delinquent". One day while sleeping next to a river, Tatsumi sees a man floating down it. Tatsumi pulls him to shore and the man splits in half, revealing a baby boy. This boy, Beelzebub, is the son of the demon king, and Tatsumi, along with Beelzebub's demon maid Hilda, has been chosen as the one to raise him.
Read more at ANN

TeSYmHP.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

D. Gray-Man
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @TheGFXNovice saying "This is a very dark anime, and the storyline isn't the best but it still had some really nice arcs and I put this one in the list to shift this Society a bit ... Not too sure but I think you guys haven't really looked into the more 'Dark/Demon' genre (I'm a new member so I could be wrong)"

Allen Walker, a young man with a cursed eye, lives to destroy a weapon known as Akuma. These weapons created by the Milleneum Earl are sent out by his command to purge the world from humans. Allen Walker uses an anti-akuma weapon, Innocence, to counter the Earl's attempts at destroying humanity. He travels to the Black Order by his mentor's directions. There he meets with others who also fight against the Milleneum Earl's plans. But more questions start to appear as Allen and his friends move further along to reach their goal. And these questions that seem to connect to Allen's past.
-from ANN

xkfgl0d.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Random

This was suggested by @TheGFXNovice saying "Along with the Code Geass Series this anime is one of my all time favorite mechas ... It really amazes me how not-cliche this anime is because most mechas are (IMHO)"

In a far away future, mankind lives underground in huge caves, unknowing of a world above with a sky and stars.

In the small village of Jiha, Simon, a shy boy who works as a digger discovers a strange glowing object during excavation. The enterprising Kamina, a young man with a pair of rakish sunglasses and the passion of a firey sun, befriends Simon and forms a small band of brothers, the Gurren Brigade, to escape the village and break through the ceiling of the cave to reach the surface, which few believe exist.

The village elder won't hear of such foolishness and punishes the Brigade. However, when disaster strikes from the world above and the entire village is in jeopardy, it's up to Simon, Kamina, a girl with a big gun named Yoko, and the small yet sturdy robot, Lagann, to save the day.

The new friends journey to the world above and find that the surface is a harsh battlefield, and it's up to them to fight back against the rampaging Beastmen to turn the tide in the humans' favor! Pierce the heavens, Gurren Lagann!

Read more at MAL

g0ETj40.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

The mainstream week! although i never heard of pet girl.

how about "Sakurasō no Pet na Kanojo" it's Japanese name

Neither have i other then entering it in the poll and spreadsheetlol

The mainstream week! although i never heard of pet girl.

Its not the mainstream week yet, wait for Shingeki no Kyojin and SAO. Then you can say its mainstream month

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Sakurasou is brilliant, probably my favourite 'fish out of water' anime. Dunno if I should vote for that, or the only anime on the list that I was planning to watch (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Going to think about it. But everyone owes themselves to watch Sakurasou, the Baumkuchen scene in episode 2 is probably the hardest I've laughed at a romantic comedy. This is a rom com with emphasis on com.

PS; why are you using English titles, Japanese titles are more recognizable

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

how about "Sakurasō no Pet na Kanojo" it's Japanese name

Neither have i other then entering it in the poll and spreadsheetlol

Let's just say it gets my vote ;). Many of the Anime this week were suggested twice. All though most of these are more mainstream I tried to keep the genres as different as I could within reason. You could say that this poll contrasts last week's.

Sakurasou is brilliant, probably my favourite 'fish out of water' anime. Dunno if I should vote for that, or the only anime on the list that I was planning to watch (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Going to think about it. But everyone owes themselves to watch Sakurasou, the Baumkuchen scene in episode 2 is probably the hardest I've laughed at a romantic comedy. This is a rom com with emphasis on com.

PS; why are you using English titles, Japanese titles are more recognizable

Cause if you dont watch you stuff illegally the Japanese name isn't more recognizable. Also this is a English site so if it has a proper english name it gets it.

Cause if you dont watch you stuff illegally the Japanese name isn't more recognizable. Also this is a English site so if it has a proper english name it gets it.

I cant help but notice you posting so i'm going to assume you also didn't sleep, sleep is for the weak... i wish i was weak right now.

posted at 4:16am

I cant help but notice you posting so i'm going to assume you also didn't sleep, sleep is for the weak... i wish i was weak right now.

posted at 4:16am

This was posted by hamlet (+2 hours)

Cause if you dont watch you stuff illegally the Japanese name isn't more recognizable.

Yeah it is, it's the default title language on MAL, which probably everyone uses (?)

It would at least be a nice gesture if you could use both.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah it is, it's the default title language on MAL, which probably everyone uses (?)

It would at least be a nice gesture if you could use both.

:/ i do post 3-4 links to different sites about the anime, images and a synopsis so i think that should be more then sufficient to show what anime it is

Alright Sakurasou, You caught my eye. Idk why but everyday in my head theres the word Gurren Langann

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

@Charger

Y U PUT TTGL AND SAKUPET IN ONE POLL!?

ae9f50cce9.jpg

-If image doesn't work... Puush is down-

image doesnt work lol

blame @TheProfosist he is the one that tells me what to put based on the spread sheet lol

Puush is down... Too lazy to migrate stuff to imgur...

I chose TTGL anyway... Time to mix some stuff up...

@Charger

Y U PUT TTGL AND SAKUPET IN ONE POLL!?

ae9f50cce9.jpg

-If image doesn't work... Puush is down-

Clear choice is Sakurasou.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Clear choice is Sakurasou.

I had to vote TTGL since I already rewatched Sakupet this year...

I had to vote TTGL since I already rewatched Sakupet this year...

What does rewatch have to do with it?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Wow ... Good job with the selection and I can personally say all of them are amazing ... (not too sure about The Pet Girl thing though)

Weeeeeeeeeell now I have to choose which one I would like to rewatch/skim  :)

"Stay focused on the present, and the future will fall into place"

Wow ... Good job with the selection and I can personally say all of them are amazing ... (not too sure about The Pet Girl thing though)

Weeeeeeeeeell now I have to choose which one I would like to rewatch/skim  :)

Pet Girl (Shall we refer to it as SakuPet for the sake of all that is good and just?) is a good anime which turns up the feels to 8 in each arc... It's something that some people can relate to...

Pet Girl (Shall we refer to it as SakuPet for the sake of all that is good and just?) is a good anime which turns up the feels to 8 in each arc... It's something that some people can relate to...

Ok then  ;) I'll vote for it cause it's the only one I haven't watched

Oh and yes ... We shall refer to it as SakuPet

"Stay focused on the present, and the future will fall into place"

I really enjoyed watching the pet girl of sakurasou, and I heard that d-gray man is also really good in the comic books, but not sure about the anime :P

TTGL: The anime that has pierced the heavens!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

F YESS, GURREN LAGANN! ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWWA!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System