Do have your side panel on or off?

Smooth Bunz

I keep my side pannels on. I used to keep them off when I was messing with temeratures and new hardware, but any more now I just want to "cover up" my mess of wires.

Put sometime into cable management :) temps will be lower with good management 

On, I have animals that shed a lot of fur, so dust is a concern of mine and my radiators.

I bought my case. It came with side panels. I will use those side panels.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have a window in my side panel but i also get better temps with open air 

And more dust.

And more chances of flying USB drives crashing into the computer and taking LTT forum server down.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Put sometime into cable management :) temps will be lower with good management 

Lol I know, but I figure if it works there is no need to do anything else. My gaming PC isn't too bad, its just that I have less than ideal cable runs and the components I have chosen look terrible. I'm using a mATX motherboard in a full sized case, so it doesn't look right, and my PSU is painted pink, which doesn't match the Black/Orange build too much. :)

As for my personal PC, I'm using a old eMachines case with a non-modular PSU, but that thing was ugly to begin with.

On, because dust.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My computer doesn't have side panels. It doesn't have sides. :o

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Lol I know, but I figure if it works there is no need to do anything else. My gaming PC isn't too bad, its just that I have less than ideal cable runs and the components I have chosen look terrible. I'm using a mATX motherboard in a full sized case, so it doesn't look right, and my PSU is painted pink, which doesn't match the Black/Orange build too much. :)

As for my personal PC, I'm using a old eMachines case with a non-modular PSU, but that thing was ugly to begin with.

USE ALL THE ZIPTIES!!! hahah :P Every need any help with anything im here along with the entire forum :P

On. Mine is both clear and has holes. I don't need to take it off for any real reason because it acts as though it is off.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I have my windowed side panel on (less dust, safer, can actually lead to better temps).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

That seems like a real bad idea, I'd keep it on if I were you. With that said, I keep my panel on with a window.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

I do :P I just get better temps open and I have easy access if I need to swap something fast

How often does it happen you have do perform an emergency RAM unit swap, and since you have to power your entire PC off anyway to change a part, would it be much more hassle to just take the side-panel off, or in my case, open the door...? Anyway, the added amount of dust just isn't worth it for me, and the fact that it's on the other side of my desk so I'd be looking at the back of the motherboard, lol...

I leave mine on, mainly because my current system is a birds nest with nothing great to look at. When I get a nice build I can imagine I will be spending allot more time with it off.

On... I really should be getting some fans for the side panel even if the system sits under my desk...

bPvfL.jpg

On. Because there is nothing to see :P

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

USE ALL THE ZIPTIES!!! hahah :P Every need any help with anything im here along with the entire forum :P

Yep I was thinking Zipties, but I have a cool project for my personal PC that I am piecing together so I think I will hold off for now. I will definitely post more on this forum, I've only been on it for a few days and I like what I see :) .

Yep I was thinking Zipties, but I have a cool project for my personal PC that I am piecing together so I think I will hold off for now. I will definitely post more on this forum, I've only been on it for a few days and I like what I see :) .

Yea the community is wonderful here for the most part, Other than the trolls :P 

On. Don't want stuff to get in my PC.

I use carbon filters from an air purifier on my rig

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."