Which 970 SHOULD I BUY?

Hey guys so i cant decide witch one to buy.

ASUS 970, GIGABYTE, EVGA REFERENCE ETC ETC ETC

Which one should i buy????

Thanks m8 :)

refrence

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Whichever you like the best. Or whichever has the features you like. They're gonna perform around the same. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Personally I'd just go reference, because that's my preference.

HAHA see what I did there?.. 

No?..

... I'll show myself the door.

//ccap

Personally I'd just go reference, because that's my preference.

HAHA see what I did there?.. 

No?..

... I'll show myself the door.

I saw what you did there :D

Believe it or not, reference. 

Too much debate and BS going on between aftermarket cards, when they don't perform that much better then reference due to how little heat the 970 core makes anyways

"Rawr XD"

any

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

If you have the space, G1 seems to be the coolest running and is the superior 970 when it comes to inputs.

Gigabyte and MSI are definitely by FAR the best cards for OCing and heat. They also look the best in my opinion. EVGA has a cooler problem, Asus is meh compared to the two I just mentioned (Not by a huge margin, you won't really notice it especially if you like the Asus more). I'd go for Gigabyte/MSI. Gigabyte is pretty big though.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

the cheapest but if you want aftermarket the windforce is the best performing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They're all really good. Just pick the one that's available, within your budget, and easy to look at.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I'd personally get the EVGA ACX 2.0 or Asus Strix because of their cooling and Asus has the zero decibel gaming which only turns on the fans when you need it. 

I ordered the Asus Strix on Amazon, it's still not even in stock yet though. I have no idea when I'll get mine. 

I just bought the Gigabyte Windforce, counting the minutes until this thing arrives. Beautiful design, goes perfectly with my case, it runs cool and is likely to be the best performing.

for those that are saying "reference".... there is no 970 reference card. 

I heard that the Gigabyte and EVGA are generally good and trustworthy companies. With cards form these two, you should be  able to overclock fairly easily so that is what I recommend.

Id personally go for reference...

Asus's thingy isn't bad either

i wouldn't use asus cards even if you paid me

some of the cards have contact and coil whine problems and I had a friend with dead fans even

evga has contact problems

I'd rather go gigabyte or MSI

If you're using gigabyte boards I say gigabyte cards to control the fans

MSI cards if you got less space

or refrence cards if you like blower style

i wouldn't use asus cards even if you paid me

some of the cards have contact and coil whine problems and I had a friend with dead fans even

evga has contact problems

I'd rather go gigabyte or MSI

If you're using gigabyte boards I say gigabyte cards to control the fans

MSI cards if you got less space

or refrence cards if you like blower style

Wasn't really asking you but okay.

Asus and EVGA Are top on the list imo.

the g1 looks pretty good.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Hey guys so i cant decide witch one to buy.

ASUS 970, GIGABYTE, EVGA REFERENCE ETC ETC ETC

Which one should i buy????

Thanks m8 :)

I am on the same boat and honestly decided to go with Gigabyte. Not because I thought it was a better performing card but because of the following reasons - 1. I wanted a card with back plate to provide support and 2. I wanted the card to run cool.

While the Asus Strix was a close second, the 0db technology wasn't interesting to me because I rather my card run cooler than be "silent" at idle. Again, I chose based on features that were important to me, however, you can't really go wrong with any of the cards. You are still getting a GTX 970 at the end of the day.

Another vote for the gigabyte one. It's super quiet, super cool (temperature wise), and it's seems to achieve higher overclocks than the other brands. And I love the backplate. :)

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware