Can't get on friends Enjin website

Milesgaming
Go to solution Solved by Slow N Stupid,

If I were to clear my cache on my modem/router, how would I do it?

Edit: Also, if I were to clear it, what negative effect would it have? I have 2 other people regulerely connected to the ISP.

How to reset: Well that depends on your modem/router... some will clear cache if left off for few minutes... some require you to go to modem settings and clear cache manually... some require you to press physical reset button on the modem... I suggest to just press reset button because it will reset regardless of modem/router (at least I haven't encountered any that wouldn't)

What is negative effect on it: Well... pressing reset button is like a factory reset on your smartphones... you will lose ALL OF YOUR SETTINGS this literally means everything... if when you bought your modem/router and you just plug it in the wall and then another end to your computer and it works... then lol no negative effects... but if  you had to change settings and/or set it up... then well.... you'd have to do it again...

Also if your ISP (internet provider) made some custom settings on modem/router before they ship/sell it to you then it MIGHT also reset their settings

can I btw ask... how long have you tried to access this website and failed? because cache should be automatically cleared like once a week/month...

Hey guys, so I need some help with networking stuff, which I am shit at. Basically, my friend has an Altis Life server and originally was going to use IPB as the website, but then changed to Enjin. He had the domain ''Zanio.net'', and then changed it to Enjin, but the same name, if you kind of get what I am saying. Now every time I connect to the domain, it sends me to the old IPB website, instead of the Enjin website. This is for my whole network, not just only my computer. Works fine with 3G on my phone. Could anybody explain how I fix this? Sorry for the bad explanation, I am really really horrible when it comes to networking.

Your modem/router might cache it if you're in NATs settings... Try resetting or clearing cache from modem/router (if it's not too much of a trouble)

Other thing you could try is use a proxy (something like TOR works fine) and try to access the website, if you still see the old version of the website the problem might not be the router/modem... and if the problem lies elsewhere then well... I wish you good luck lol because I can't help

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Your modem/router might cache it if you're in NATs settings... Try resetting or clearing cache from modem/router (if it's not too much of a trouble)

Other thing you could try is use a proxy (something like TOR works fine) and try to access the website, if you still see the old version of the website the problem might not be the router/modem... and if the problem lies elsewhere then well... I wish you good luck lol because I can't help

It's definately my Modem/Router, everybody but fucking me can connect to it just fine...:P I'll try clearing the cache of the modem. What's NAT settings? xD

Modem/some of the routers have different settings you can run to connect to your ISP (internet) but the most popular ones are NATs and Bridge

Quick explanation (sry if I miss something important... other ppl can fill/correct me if they feel so)

Bridge - your modem/router acts as a bridge for your computers so your computer connects directly to your ISP (internet) and gain the public IP address (the ip addresses given to you by your ISP)
Pros: in some scenarios it will be faster than NATs settings
Cons: if you have limited amount of public IP address and you have a lot of computers not all of your computer will be able to access the internet... Also a firewall will be better on NATs settings

NATs - your modem/router acts as a network for your computers... so you will have internal network inside your house/office and every single computer connected to that network will be given an internal IP address (given to you by your modem/router) and they are in LAN with each other... and to access the internet your modem/router will connect to your ISP and get public address but because only your modem/router connects to your ISP you will have only 1 public IP address (every computer will have the same IP address if you go check for it in www.whatismyip.com)
Pros: you can have lots and lots of computer to access the internet without worrying about limited amount of public IP addresses
Cons: will be slower to bridge settings in some scenarios like -> a lot of computers is connected to the modem/router (it is slow because the modem/router will need to process all of the traffic from network to the isp (internet) and it might also be slower compared to bridge if you have super uber fast connection (over 100mb) even if you have 2 - 4 computers connected to modem/router because there is limitation on how fast the modem/router can be)

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Modem/some of the routers have different settings you can run to connect to your ISP (internet) but the most popular ones are NATs and Bridge

Quick explanation (sry if I miss something important... other ppl can fill/correct me if they feel so)

Bridge - your modem/router acts as a bridge for your computers so your computer connects directly to your ISP (internet) and gain the public IP address (the ip addresses given to you by your ISP)

Pros: in some scenarios it will be faster than NATs settings

Cons: if you have limited amount of public IP address and you have a lot of computers not all of your computer will be able to access the internet... Also a firewall will be better on NATs settings

NATs - your modem/router acts as a network for your computers... so you will have internal network inside your house/office and every single computer connected to that network will be given an internal IP address (given to you by your modem/router) and they are in LAN with each other... and to access the internet your modem/router will connect to your ISP and get public address but because only your modem/router connects to your ISP you will have only 1 public IP address (every computer will have the same IP address if you go check for it in www.whatismyip.com)

Pros: you can have lots and lots of computer to access the internet without worrying about limited amount of public IP addresses

Cons: will be slower to bridge settings in some scenarios like -> a lot of computers is connected to the modem/router (it is slow because the modem/router will need to process all of the traffic from network to the isp (internet) and it might also be slower to bridge if you have super uber fast connection (over 100mb) even if you have 2 - 4 computers connected to modem/router because there is limitation on how fast the modem/router can be)

Edit: Also, if I were to clear it, what negative effect would it have? I have 2 other people regulerely connected to the ISP.

How to reset: Well that depends on your modem/router... some will clear cache if left off for few minutes... some require you to go to modem settings and clear cache manually... some require you to press physical reset button on the modem... I suggest to just press reset button because it will reset regardless of modem/router (at least I haven't encountered any that wouldn't)

What is negative effect on it: Well... pressing reset button is like a factory reset on your smartphones... you will lose ALL OF YOUR SETTINGS this literally means everything... if when you bought your modem/router and you just plug it in the wall and then another end to your computer and it works... then lol no negative effects... but if  you had to change settings and/or set it up... then well.... you'd have to do it again...

Also if your ISP (internet provider) made some custom settings on modem/router before they ship/sell it to you then it MIGHT also reset their settings

can I btw ask... how long have you tried to access this website and failed? because cache should be automatically cleared like once a week/month...

Well, he switched to Enjin today, and I've been trying since about 4pm today, without luck :/ Getting really annoyed at this stupid router/modem :P I'll just have to fix it tomorrow, too tired..Really apreciate all your help, it's been very useful.

Well, he switched to Enjin today, and I've been trying since about 4pm today, without luck :/ Getting really annoyed at this stupid router/modem :P I'll just have to fix it tomorrow, too tired..Really apreciate all your help, it's been very useful.

Yea no worries... helping is what this forum does best...

Just mark one of my post as an answer if your problem is solved (for someone who has the same problem in the future and to make others know that the issues is solved)

and well if it isn't solved then just quote one of my post and I'll reply back (I check forum everyday but won't promise an immediate help xD)