Cases you've been disappointed in.

ttam

The Corsair Air 240/540

Just because of bad HDD mounting/cage placements..

I thought the 240 was way way better than the 540 or is that just me?

Nope, Lian li pc-v359

Oh so you want the whol panel see through. Inst that top panel on that one glass?

This is the Lian Li that interests me http://goo.gl/1XeKde

Oh so you want the whol panel see through. Inst that top panel on that one glass?

the 240 is better, but causes problems getting cage in with the 8pin power cord, depending on the size of cord

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

the 240 is better, but causes problems getting cage in with the 8pin power cord, depending on the size of cord

Why needs that 8 pin anyway right? :P

I think the Air 240 is a much better ITX case that mATX.

Its plexi, but thick

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well i only owned 1 case for 14 years (since 2000 fujitsu siemens myrica ) and stil is a good case.However i found lots of nameless cheapo cases with no names wich were aluinum and they were cuting like razors.I fear aluminum ever since it is very woobly and cuts your skin like paper that is wy i have doubts about Lian Lei. But i consider now to get aerocool cube ds heard lots of nice words for it and it wil be my first miniatx case.

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Fractal Design define r4. Loved it at first but now I don't really like it. I was thinking of making a small mATX system to replace the define r4

What don't you like about this case?  Was going to buy the white one without the window.

What don't you like about this case?  Was going to buy the white one without the window.

It's a bit too long for me and the design got boring after a while. Thinking of buying the Corsair Air 540 as a replacement

Life.exe is missing

It's a bit too long for me and the design got boring after a while. Thinking of buying the Corsair Air 540 as a replacement

Its a good case the only issue for me is HDDs also vertical 5.25 bays are almost useless in my opinion.

happy with my 540, disappointed by the 240.

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

all this Fractal negativity!! ive been planning on getting an Arc Mini R2........you guyz got me thinking now lol

I have a Midi R2 for one of my systems.  Zero issues with it.  For a 100ish case its pretty darn good.  I got mine for 80 on sale last year.  

I used the midi R2 to replace the case that was a disappointment.  That would be the HAF XB from coolermaster.  I was just not hyped on this once I actually had it in use.  I had the one with the top mountable fan not the windowed top.  That was just a mistake.  To use the top fan it really limited the CPU cooler you could use.  Since it was a totally open top though you wanted to have a fan otherwise it was a complete dust magnet.  The Drive backplane was not that well constructed.  

happy with my 540, disappointed by the 240.

If I may ask what about the 240?

A lot of Lian Li ones to be honest, they look amazing and have a lot of clever designs and features but more often that not their cases are let down by one or two glaring design flaws or limitations that really are a deal breaker. It's really annoying as I would love to have a Lian Li case and many of them are so close to what I want but the things that are wrong with them ruin it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

If I may ask what about the 240?

-Hard drive cage in general, also dont like how you install the drives from the outside of the case

-ssd drive cage is cool except for the lack of hotswap plate

-forced to mount aio in front rather than top of case (personal preference)

-most fan mounts are obstructed in someway, your abitily to mount them in the bottom depends on if you have a mini-itx or micro-atx motherboard, top depends if have an aio and how its mounted

-fan spot on the psu side makes absolutely no sense

-They should have chosen the orientation of the case... either straight up like normal, or sideways... none of that "heres some rubber feet for you to stick on yourself" 

-80mm fans mounts are dumb

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

Air 240, simply because they didnt leave enough space for fans in the bottom with a mATX case and the HDD cage issue and rad clearance

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Anyone else run into this? Case that gets hyped up, looks awesome but when you get it you're like WTF is this?

Just put together a nice GTX 980'd system into a black Corsair 760T and was highly disappointed by it. Good thing it was for a customer and I walked away with $3000 but I would never order that for myself. 

All Corsair cases after 550D/650D/800D and C70.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

-Hard drive cage in general, also dont like how you install the drives from the outside of the case

-ssd drive cage is cool except for the lack of hotswap plate

-forced to mount aio in front rather than top of case (personal preference)

-most fan mounts are obstructed in someway, your abitily to mount them in the bottom depends on if you have a mini-itx or micro-atx motherboard, top depends if have an aio and how its mounted

-fan spot on the psu side makes absolutely no sense

-They should have chosen the orientation of the case... either straight up like normal, or sideways... none of that "heres some rubber feet for you to stick on yourself" 

-80mm fans mounts are dumb

Air 240, simply because they didnt leave enough space for fans in the bottom with a mATX case and the HDD cage issue and rad clearance

Its better suited for a ITX build and thats what what I tell people. I wish almost all Corsair cases had hotswaps but theyre expensive to implement. They did the changeable direction because people wanted that with the 540 and I dont think its necessarily bad.

All Corsair cases after 550D/650D/800D and C70.

So you dont like any of their new modern designs?

Its better suited for a ITX build and thats what what I tell people. I wish almost all Corsair cases had hotswaps but theyre expensive to implement. They did the changeable direction because people wanted that with the 540 and I dont think its necessarily bad.

So you dont like any of their new modern designs?

It's not about just the design. It's about build quality and features.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

@Nathan

I've quipped before that the Air240 should be renamed the AiO240, as it can't even fit a hyper212 and can barely fit a medium profile CPU air cooler, but can fit a 240mm AiO radiator. It was obviously designed with watercooling in mind, not air cooling, and the name makes no sense as a result.

It's not about just the design. It's about build quality and features.

Splain, please.

@Nathan

I've quipped before that the Air240 should be renamed the AiO240, as it can't even fit a hyper212 and can barely fit a medium profile CPU air cooler, but can fit a 240mm AiO radiator. It was obviously designed with watercooling in mind, not air cooling, and the name makes no sense as a result.

Its air as in air flow not air cooling. If you throw a ITX in you can actually get at least Dual 360's.

Splain, please.Its air as in air flow not air cooling. If you throw a ITX in you can actually get at least Dual 360's.

What do you want me to explain? Corsair's newer cases lack the build quality and features the older ones had. (550D, 650D, 800D, C70...) And yes I have experience with all of them except the C70, but I know it's a very good case.

Spoiler

Spoiler

EVGA Hadron

It's a great first attempt, but it's unfiltered, has negative pressure, the PSU blocks a lot of the intake area and the PSU's cables look like shit.

If they flipped it around, so the PSU is on top and fans are on the bottom, then filtered the intake area and did a proper sleeving job, or even just used black wires on the PSU I'd love it.

Antec Three Hundred

It may be built like a tank, but it's such a dated design. Even when I bought it new. The revision is much better though.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

What do you want me to explain? Corsair's newer cases lack the build quality and features the older ones had. (550D, 650D, 800D, C70...) And yes I have experience with all of them except the C70, but I know it's a very good case.

Like where do they lack in build quality and features? Im not saying they don i just have never bought or built in a corsair case prior to the 350D and 750D as I didnt like their looks. The case that made me really take a good look at them was linus's sneak peek of the 900D which I was all ready to buy until I say slicks of the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6.

EVGA Hadron

It's a great first attempt, but it's unfiltered, has negative pressure, the PSU blocks a lot of the intake area and the PSU's cables look like shit.

If they flipped it around, so the PSU is on top and fans are on the bottom, then filtered the intake area and did a proper sleeving job, or even just used black wires on the PSU I'd love it.

Antec Three Hundred

It may be built like a tank, but it's such a dated design. Even when I bought it new. The revision is much better though.

I agree with the hadron there is so much room for improvement. Also the water one just looks stupid.

The 300 was great back in its day when it was launched as the budget variant of the 900 and in a few ways was actually better. I think the revision is far worse,especially on build quality and it has the stupid useless fan that goes behind the motherboard. I do really wish more cases were still tanks though.

Its air as in air flow not air cooling. If you throw a ITX in you can actually get at least Dual 360's.

Source? The front can only fit 2 120mm fans, not even 140mm's. The specs Corsair gives lists dual 240mm rads at most. How on earth are you getting a 360 in the front?

3:53 That's a hell of a tight fit for a bottom 360mm radiator. And there is no room for a top rad at all.