Cases you've been disappointed in.

ttam

Anyone else run into this? Case that gets hyped up, looks awesome but when you get it you're like WTF is this?

Just put together a nice GTX 980'd system into a black Corsair 760T and was highly disappointed by it. Good thing it was for a customer and I walked away with $3000 but I would never order that for myself. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Rosewill Challenger....

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

That would be every single antec case since they cheaped out and switched their manufacturing process.

Oh also Air 540 once i got my hands on it i realized it could have been so much better.

Fractal Design define r4. Loved it at first but now I don't really like it. I was thinking of making a small mATX system to replace the define r4

Life.exe is missing

Corsair Carbide Air 240, just due to that HDD cage issue... It could've been easily avoided.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Oh also Air 540 once i got my hands on it i realized it could have been so much better.

I really enjoyed the idea of the case but features like the open bottom and such were kind of killer.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

ThermalTake Armour A60 no cable management whatsoever

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

HAF 912 ... paint easily scratched off when laying it on it's side ....

I like the case as a whole but I wish I would have been warned about the cheap paint job.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The new core cases from fractal design is really bad, to the point where zalman are badly outclassing fractal design.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I loved the idea of the Corsair 760T, but then it turned out to be made almost entirely of plastic.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

The Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, what an awful case to work with. Not like there was anything to expect from it to start with, and I'm glad it wasn't my computer inside that thing.. but man.. never again will I touch that thing.

Cheers,

Linus

Glad I'm not alone in the Fractal hate, I still don't understand the hype, thinnest material very un-inspired designs and what was listed above. Guess many people fell for the media hype and look of black and white which can easily be achieved with a can of paint. <_<

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

all this Fractal negativity!! ive been planning on getting an Arc Mini R2........you guyz got me thinking now lol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I really enjoyed the idea of the case but features like the open bottom and such were kind of killer.

I fixed that with some 140mm filters. I just think it could have been much better after doing a build in it. Also the air 240 already shows they can do better now.

I loved the idea of the Corsair 760T, but then it turned out to be made almost entirely of plastic.

Its has the main chassis of the 750D though doesnt it?

all this Fractal negativity!! ive been planning on getting an Arc Mini R2........you guyz got me thinking now lol

I wouldn't think twice. I worship Fractal Design. They have yet to disappoint me.

I believe so, yes. I'd definitely consider a 750D though. It has much nicer external build quality.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I fixed that with some 140mm filters. I just think it could have been much better after doing a build in it. Also the air 240 already shows they can do better now.

I would love to see something from Corsair like the 240. In the orientation of the white case, with a more premium feel. Throw in a nice big acrylic window (bigger than current) like the 760T and I would buy it in a heart beat. Or hell, a Corsair take on the NZXT h440.

corsair-carbide-air-series-240-desktop-v

Case is just a little flimsy. Doors are cheap feeling but thats expected on a pure acrylic side panel.

Wasn't very happy with my CM Scout 2. Semi-modular HDD bays, so you can remove 4 screws to remove a single part of the middle drive cage, while the rest is held in by rivets. The warranty is only 2 years, the radiator support is pretty crap, the side panel has unfiltered fan mounts, the front and top panels are very plasticky (although pretty good plastic), and the filters don't impress me. I will say the top handle impressed me. Rubberized so it's comfortable to hold, and feels solid while lifting the finished build.

..And most of Corsair's recent releases. And maybe a little disappointed by the Enthoo Evolv.

Wasn't very happy with my CM Scout 2. Semi-modular HDD bays, so you can remove 4 screws to remove a single part of the middle drive cage, while the rest is held in by rivets. The warranty is only 2 years, the radiator support is pretty crap, the side panel has unfiltered fan mounts, the front and top panels are very plasticky (although pretty good plastic), and the filters don't impress me. I will say the top handle impressed me. Rubberized so it's comfortable to hold, and feels solid while lifting the finished build.

Love my Scout 2.....i took out both cages (rivets are easy to remove and can be replaced with screws if needed) AIO compatibility isnt the greatest, restricted to 120mm Rads. Im selling my main rig but keeping this case :)

Well, I had 4 cases within a year, maybe there is going to be a 5th one soon, so I had quite a bit of experience.

My biggest disappointment was Bitfenix Phenom, I don't know who works in Bitfenix but I doubt that they even test their cases - almost no airflow, very stupid design in terms of vents.

I was also disappointed about Bitfenix Ghost, but in a comparison with other cases I was most happy with it, but I sold it to my friend.

Pretty much any corsair case for me...

Too much plastic.

NZXT and their steel for way lower price point kinda puts the cheap aluminum and plastic build of corsair cases to shame...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

AZZA Genesis 9000.

for it's weight, it's shit build quality. It's designed to break when you take it apart to put in the front mount PSU, thus voiding your warranty. The stock fan orientation will burn your GPU up when you install everything in the "RATX" orientation. The fins on top are absolute shit. It has waaaaaaaaaaaay to many 5 1/2 inch bays with no front fan support. Despite having the room, it only supports up to three 120mm fans on top. It has NO ssd mounting brackets. It has 5 1/2 inch drive bay fan mounts on both sides of the case, but whichever side the MOBO is on, can't have fans installed because the mobo tray won't fit with the fans installed. The side mount 200mm fan is shit because 200mm fans are shit.

I honestly cannot stress enough, how shit this case is. It could have been excellent, if ANYONE who knows what a system builder wants had taken 30 minutes to build a system in it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would love to see something from Corsair like the 240. In the orientation of the white case, with a more premium feel. Throw in a nice big acrylic window (bigger than current) like the 760T and I would buy it in a heart beat. Or hell, a Corsair take on the NZXT h440.

corsair-carbide-air-series-240-desktop-v

Case is just a little flimsy. Doors are cheap feeling but thats expected on a pure acrylic side panel.

Look at Lian li pc-v359, a premium air 240 that works, and oh so beautiful

Disappointing:

Phantom 410

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I wouldn't think twice. I worship Fractal Design. They have yet to disappoint me.

I believe so, yes. I'd definitely consider a 750D though. It has much nicer external build quality.

I could say a nicer external ID but not realy build quaity the quality actually isnt that great either. The Panels are quite loose fitting and its seems kinda loose filled up.

-snip-

The window on the Air 240 is about as big as youll get for that size. Oh you want a full acrylic side panel? You loose a bunch of structure that way though.

I could say a nicer external ID but not realy build quaity the quality actually isnt that great either. The Panels are quite loose fitting and its seems kinda loose filled up.

The window on the Air 240 is about as big as youll get for that size. Oh you want a full acrylic side panel? You loose a bunch of structure that way though.

Nope, Lian li pc-v359

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."