Help making my game

Polarwindz

That sounds great !!

I would need someone help if i were to  make a volcano, i am not good at terrain editng, like adding or subtracting layers

I removed some tree's it cause lag with the time of day prefab.

Is it possible to have the time of day be synced with a hud clock ?

Like a real clock and time of day?

welcome, never looked made a game still learning SD but making up random stuff like that i can do so feel free to send me a message or just tag me if you need it.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I updated my game, it now has a day/night cycle, it has a slider but i was wondering how i could make that slider turn into like a clock down below near the health bar, ? and if it would be possible to sync with the real time would be awesome

would you know how to do that?

and my game looks good so far?

You could link a script to the UI element that updates it to reflect the time of day. I'm not sure exactly how you can do it, but I assume you would reference whatever you have as the time, and then make it update in sync with that. Probably to make it rotate like a clock you would just rotate textures based on the time. What style is the slider? Is it like a clock? Or a sundial?

You could link a script to the UI element that updates it to reflect the time of day. I'm not sure exactly how you can do it, but I assume you would reference whatever you have as the time, and then make it update in sync with that. Probably to make it rotate like a clock you would just rotate textures based on the time. What style is the slider? Is it like a clock? Or a sundial?oh man 

ummm, i don't know how to do that ...

the slider is just a normal slider, left goes dark, right goes lighter.

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

ummm, i don't know how to do that ...

the slider is just a normal slider, left goes dark, right goes lighter.

I couldn't really tell you exactly how to do that, as I don't have too much experience with this sort of thing in C#, but have the slider base and the moving part of the slider as separate textures, then as the day ticks on, you would want to move the moving piece over in the slider.

Let's say this as an example, if you're moving from 10% through the day to 11% of the day, you would want to move the moving piece from the 10% location relative to the start of the slider base to the 11% location relative to the start. (I hope you understood that, as I can't really think of any other way to help explain it)

I couldn't really tell you exactly how to do that, as I don't have too much experience with this sort of thing in C#, but have the slider base and the moving part of the slider as separate textures, then as the day ticks on, you would want to move the moving piece over in the slider.

Let's say this as an example, if you're moving from 10% through the day to 11% of the day, you would want to move the moving piece from the 10% location relative to the start of the slider base to the 11% location relative to the start. (I hope you understood that, as I can't really think of any other way to help explain it)

I did find a clock gui, it does the time of the day :D

I am going to fiddle around with it.

Thanks man

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

How do i get the grass to go closer together?

it's spread apart and i dont like that

I have some, experience with Unity and some C# knowledge, I'd be more than glad to help you out but don't expect too much hahaha

If you wanna talk on Skype and share files let me know and I'll PM you my skype

I have some, experience with Unity and some C# knowledge, I'd be more than glad to help you out but don't expect too much hahaha

If you wanna talk on Skype and share files let me know and I'll PM you my skype

I just need help on putting grass down close together D:

It doesnt seem to want to stay close together ...

and is it possible to make a gui clock to go along with the day/night skybox?

I just need help on putting grass down close together D:

It doesnt seem to want to stay close together ...

and is it possible to make a gui clock to go along with the day/night skybox?

I think it would, I mean I don't know the exact code but it's as basic as telling the 2d images (clock hands) where to be positioned at specific times. If you're okay with sharing the source file I think I could do it, with a little time ofcourse.

I think it would, I mean I don't know the exact code but it's as basic as telling the 2d images (clock hands) where to be positioned at specific times. If you're okay with sharing the source file I think I could do it, with a little time ofcourse.

i have a digital clock, and a analog clock gui texture

will that work?

Hello,

There is already many post apocolyptic games out there such as DayZ, which is doing very sucessful. Id recommend try to add a very unique story line. For me singleplay missions are the best thing about a game, so try to make everything engaging. On another note, do you know if the game is going to be soley structered by you? Or will choices the user makes affect the game later on? Such as if the user cuts down too many trees without re-planting will there end up being no more trees? As for some things that other people mentioned, I wouldn't do a plane crash as the cause of the player getting stuck on the island as another game called 'The Forest' has already taken that idea. I wish you good luck with making the game.

~ Harry

It seems impossible until it's done.

Hello,

There is already many post apocolyptic games out there such as DayZ, which is doing very sucessful. Id recommend try to add a very unique story line. For me singleplay missions are the best thing about a game, so try to make everything engaging. On another note, do you know if the game is going to be soley structered by you? Or will choices the user makes affect the game later on? Such as if the user cuts down too many trees without re-planting will there end up being no more trees? As for some things that other people mentioned, I wouldn't do a plane crash as the cause of the player getting stuck on the island as another game called 'The Forest' has already taken that idea. I wish you good luck with making the game.

~ Harry

I did get an idea of the game from a fellow user 

The year is 2044 and a meteorite crashes into Hawaii causing a volcanic activity that lasts a decade creating a radioactive island forcing the humans to avoid it at all costs.

Over time the radiation fast tracks earth's life evolution and a team is sent into investigate....

Is it okay to have a person or two help me?

I did get an idea of the game from a fellow user 

The year is 2044 and a meteorite crashes into Hawaii causing a volcanic activity that lasts a decade creating a radioactive island forcing the humans to avoid it at all costs.

Over time the radiation fast tracks earth's life evolution and a team is sent into investigate....

Is it okay to have a person or two help me?

Hmmmm, i think I like that idea :) I could help you with some creative ideas, but I have no experience using Unity so I couldn't help you with that :(

It seems impossible until it's done.

I think it would, I mean I don't know the exact code but it's as basic as telling the 2d images (clock hands) where to be positioned at specific times. If you're okay with sharing the source file I think I could do it, with a little time of course.

That's pretty much how I would do it. I haven't had experience with this in terms of constantly updating with the time of day, but I've worked with similar in Java when the GUI elements change based on what menu option you had selected, and that was all on the same main GUI background, it just changed what other images were placed where. I assume it would be similar in C# and to set it to update as per time of day

EDIT: Following this post. I want to stay updated on the progress of this game. And if you have anything that you need help with, I will do my best to help out when I have free time

That's pretty much how I would do it. I haven't had experience with this in terms of constantly updating with the time of day, but I've worked with similar in Java when the GUI elements change based on what menu option you had selected, and that was all on the same main GUI background, it just changed what other images were placed where. I assume it would be similar in C# and to set it to update as per time of day

EDIT: Following this post. I want to stay updated on the progress of this game. And if you have anything that you need help with, I will do my best to help out when I have free time

we could use a programmer or two that knows C#, whatever the skill level.

I know some c# and i have just installed unity to have a nosey about, problem is I don't have much free time with 2 kids and college work to do.

I know some c# and i have just installed unity to have a nosey about, problem is I don't have much free time with 2 kids and college work to do.

understandable, I just have free time until January then i wont :/

understandable, I just have free time until January then i wont :/

in college i'm doing PHP, javascript, java also have some 3d modeling and animation.

Lots on my plate ^_^

in college i'm doing PHP, javascript, java also have some 3d modeling and animation.

Lots on my plate ^_^

oh man, i will be going to college in the winter full time for web design, good luck on your studies man!

oh man, i will be going to college in the winter full time for web design, good luck on your studies man!

you too :)

you too :)

i need help on a script to control the time of day, i am trying to get it to sync with the system time but we get errors :/

Can someone give me a Ai and Ai health and respawn script that works?

I have looked at tutorials and capsules (testing for now ) just spin in circles D:

I would love to help out if I had more time. I'm currently in college for software development, but I'll help out with small things if I know how

I would love to help out if I had more time. I'm currently in college for software development, but I'll help out with small things if I know how

How about ai?