Anti Static Wrist Straps and Mats

So I am planning to build my own PC on December and I am just wondering, Should I really get an anti static wrist strap? Should I really get an anti static mat? or should I just place my mobo on top of its box as I work on it and use the GPU's plastic (turn it inside out) and place my GPU there for a while? 

if you want to be safer i would say get an anti static wrist strap theya re like 3 bucks.. it's an extra added bit of safety but not 100% necessary  

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I have never used any anti static tools to build any of my computers. I have built computers sitting on synethetics, sitting on carpet, sitting on concrete, tile, wood, nothing ever happened. Just make sure you ground yourself out before touching stuff and dont wear socks. 

I would suggest you get a wrist strap, but the mat is not necessary. You can connect the strap to a water heated radiator or a PSU that is plugged in to a grounded wall socket. ESD is a real thing, I have had components die seemingly randomly that I can only assume is due to static from poor handling.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

The mats and wristwraps are great if you are constantly touching electronic components and building systems; but if you are just going to build 1 PC, just find a clean spacious place to do it, and discharge yourself every couple of minutes for extra safety. Be sure your house has the wall plugs actually grounded, sometimes there is no cable being routed to a ground discharge. If your house doesn't have the proper electric network, you can discharge on a water tap, if your house tubing is made entirely from metal.

I have never used any anti static tools to build any of my computers. I have built computers sitting on synethetics, sitting on carpet, sitting on concrete, tile, wood, nothing ever happened. Just make sure you ground yourself out before touching stuff and dont wear socks. 

I've heard this a lot of times, but remember that if you leave on a dry area, static accumulation is extremely frequent to occur. I've travelled to those regions and I was zapping everything I touched, kinda scary for electronics.

I've heard this a lot of times, but remember that if you leave on a dry area, static accumulation is extremely frequent to occur. I've travelled to those regions and I was zapping everything I touched, kinda scary for electronics.

I guess it just depends really. Touch the case every couple minutes and don't move around too much. Always worked for me, but I live on the edge