How do I start a Christmas Number One campaign?

Dude

Hey guys,

I've decided I want to try to get Blue Swede' 'Hooked on a Feeling' to Christmas Number One.

The only problem is I don't know how to kick start such a campaign. I seriously want to give Simon Cowell the middle finger because of the pop drivel he shits out each Christmas and I decided that I want to listen to something better.

So how would I do this? I already have a Facebook page but I don't think I'm allowed to share a link due to advertising rules.

Thanks.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

what

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

what

What's so confusing about what I said?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

What's so confusing about what I said?

Everything. 

Getting a hit song isn't as easy as a "kickstarter"

Takes years of experience and you have to know people in the business. 

Also, no one is forcing you to listen to Simon Cowell's music.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Everything. 

Getting a hit song isn't as easy as a "kickstarter"

Takes years of experience and you have to know people in the business. 

Also, no one is forcing you to listen to Simon Cowell's music.

I'm not physically trying to make my own song in order to get it to Christmas Number One. I am simply trying to get an already existing and fairly popular song to Christmas Number One.

I'm not physically trying to make my own song in order to get it to Christmas Number One. I am simply trying to get an already existing and fairly popular song to Christmas Number One.

Why? That's not how the music industry works.

It also has nothing to do with christmas

Why? That's not how the music industry works.

It also has nothing to do with christmas

thats exactly how it works lol. if everyone just spam plays the song on youtube like crazy over the entire christmas season maybe it will get enough to move it to number 1 youtube song lol

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

thats exactly how it works lol. if everyone just spam plays the song on youtube like crazy over the entire christmas season maybe it will get enough to move it to number 1 youtube song lol

How are you gonna get people to spam it?  

by getting the word out through forums/facebook/ in game chat windows/twitter everything... just like about a year ago when everyone everywhere suddenly started to trade out their profile pics to giraffes and stuff youd be surprised how quickly something can take.... just like the harlem shake exploded with nothing more than like 30 seconds of song

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

How are you gonna get people to spam it?

Well I guess that's a small part of what I was asking this entire time. So let me reiterate. Campaign leads to song sales, youtube plays, etc. which in turn leads to a spot on the charts. But I don't exactly know what to do to start off that campaign.

Well I guess that's a small part of what I was asking this entire time. So let me reiterate. Campaign leads to song sales, youtube plays, etc. which in turn leads to a spot on the charts. But I don't exactly know what to do to start off that campaign.

It still has nothing to do with Christmas, how would it become a christmas hit? 

by getting the word out through forums/facebook/ in game chat windows/twitter everything... just like about a year ago when everyone everywhere suddenly started to trade out their profile pics to giraffes and stuff youd be surprised how quickly something can take.... just like the harlem shake exploded with nothing more than like 30 seconds of song

Thanks bro. If you're interested...

http://www.facebook.com/hookedonachristmas

doesn't need to have anything to do with Christmas as long as it happens during the Christmas season. ps... i find it funny you both have carlton in your profile pics

It still has nothing to do with Christmas, how would it become a christmas hit?

Hard to explain. But songs such as Rage against the Machine's 'Killing in the name of' have gotten to Christmas Number One before.

Edit: Holy sheep sex 500th post!

The key points in getting a song to number 1 are most likely that you need either a lot of money to get the word out by advertising, a really good group on social network who will share it and allow the word to spread enough for it to happen, or a major event like in 2012 we had the hillsborough tribute song in the UK. Otherwise, don't bother listening to the radio over christmas, as you'll just get depressed.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

That's not "exactly how it works". You're basing your opinion off speculation and passing it as fact. Now I don't know what OP means by "christmas number one" but a lot more factors carry into it then just viewership on one website.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

That's not "exactly how it works". You're basing your opinion off speculation and passing it as fact. Now I don't know what OP means by "christmas number one" but a lot more factors carry into it then just viewership on one website.

Number One spot on the UK Single Charts around Christmas Time is coveted. And has also been shortened to Christmas Number One