Palit Jetstream GTX 970 asserts its dominance, but silently.

Still looking for a review of the Inno3D GeForce GTX 970 HerculeZ X2. Has somebody got a link to one? 

I'm looking for a review of this card too. Too bad there isnt any yet but I won't be surprised if it ran loud and hot since it has only two heatpipes

1. Celsius is the temp.

2. DBa is the noise level and the noise level of the Palit is a little higher (That's why it's over the G1 and not lower.) 

Yeah my bad, thought those were the temps. Herp derp.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

This would look sooo sexy with an ASUS Z97 motherboard, more specifically, the one that Linus reviewed and loved, the Z97 WS I believe.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I have a palit card. my gtx 680 jetstream and the design so much better imo than this.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

A gold GPU that can match those gold ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards! Haha

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

Well, that may be true, but go to the overclocking page, you can see that the max overclock achieved on both cards were pretty much identical.

It's just the 'brute force' cooling of the Palit kicking in later/ higher in the fan curve.

What? Dude. What I said was correct and the ability to overclock is not necessarily directly related to the cooler since the silicon lottery is a thing.,

What? Dude. What I said was correct and the ability to overclock is not necessarily directly related to the cooler since the silicon lottery is a thing.,

I am saying the temperature under load doesn't matter, because when the performance of the chip was cranked up even higher, the Palit cooler had no problem "catching" up to the G1, because of a different fan curve. The temperature zone between 35 and 80 degrees celsius is not important, the important part is to not exceed throttling threshold. Which, looking at the overclocked results, is a fact that they both had identical results when balls-deep maxed out.

And while their noise is identical in desibels, the three fans on the G1 are smaller and thus tonally higher-pitched (thus more annoying) than two larger fans with a deeper tone are going to be.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I am saying the temperature under load doesn't matter, because when the performance of the chip was cranked up even higher, the Palit cooler had no problem "catching" up to the G1, because of a different fan curve. The temperature zone between 35 and 80 degrees celsius is not important, the important part is to not exceed throttling threshold. Which, looking at the overclocked results, is a fact that they both had identical results when balls-deep maxed out.

And while their noise is identical in desibels, the three fans on the G1 are smaller and thus tonally higher-pitched (thus more annoying) than two larger fans with a deeper tone are going to be.

It does a card that runs at 60 degrees can  not only be pushed harder but it will also live longer. 

Also what you are doing right now is ridiculous just realize that I stand correct.

1. The G1 runs 16 degrees cooler.

2.It runs a little quieter.

3.It does that while being oc'd further. 

G1

Core Clock 1328 MHz     Boost Clock: ~1516 MHz     Memory Clock: 8002 MHz

Palit Jetstream

Core Clock 1252 MHz

Clock: 1430~1443 MHz

Memory Clock: 7908 MHz

/Argument

Palit*

i just relize i spest it right just in caps, you sneak son of a 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It does a card that runs at 60 degrees can  not only be pushed harder but it will also live longer. 

Also what you are doing right now is ridiculous just realize that I stand correct.

G1

Palit Jetstream

Core Clock 1252 MHz

/Argument

You are not even worth arguing with. The G1 has a different fan curve, which is more aggressive in the lower range, you can do the same on the Palit (but that would be idiotic as it would be more noisy when it doesn't have to be). You are cherry picking midrange temps as some advantage when clearly, the Palit catches up when it has to.

Stop being a fanboy.

/argument.

(Also, it's "stand corrected". Which you are)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Palit is an EU / Asia only partner for now, they do have the sub-brand PNY in USA but as far as I know their better cards never reach the Americas, only their cheap ones. It should still be possible to get it through Amazon.

Edit: It was discovered that PNY and Palit aren't connected in that way, they're just cooperating.

Palit and Sapphire are owned by the same company, PC Partners and they outsold Asus, Gigabyte and MSI in global GPU sales 2013.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

G1

Palit Jetstream

Core Clock 1252 MHz

/Argument

Okay, generally correct, but in the OP wasn't it stated that the G1 actually runs slightly louder? Pretty sure it was. 

Apart from that, your points are valid.

You are not even worth arguing with. The G1 has a different fan curve, which is more aggressive in the lower range, you can do the same on the Palit (but that would be idiotic as it would be more noisy when it doesn't have to be). You are cherry picking midrange temps as some advantage when clearly, the Palit catches up when it has to.

Stop being a fanboy.

/argument.

(Also, it's "stand corrected". Which you are)

Okay, first off, you're being a dismissive ass, you're also incorrect with you comment on "Stand corrected": He was saying that he is correct, therefore making him "stand correct", if he was admitting to being corrected, he would "stand corrected". Get your shit right.

Secondly, what you're saying is that you could run the Palit so that it performs the same as the G1, but it would be just as loud, if not louder. Which "would be idiotic" by your logic, even though though that's what you would have to do in order to get the same cooling performance.

Lastly, "Stop being a fanboy"; he might be a bit, but at least he's got some proper numbers to help prove the validity of his argument.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Okay, generally correct, but in the OP wasn't it stated that the G1 actually runs slightly louder? Pretty sure it was. 

Apart from that, your points are valid.

Okay, first off, you're being a dismissive ass, you're also incorrect with you comment on "Stand corrected": He was saying that he is correct, therefore making him "stand correct", if he was admitting to being corrected, he would "stand corrected". Get your shit right.

Secondly, what you're saying is that you could run the Palit so that it performs the same as the G1, but it would be just as loud, if not louder. Which "would be idiotic" by your logic, even though though that's what you would have to do in order to get the same cooling performance.

Lastly, "Stop being a fanboy"; he might be a bit, but at least he's got some proper numbers to help prove the validity of his argument.

At idle it is quieter than the G1 but under load (and I was refering to that) the Palit cooler is a little louder. 

And I'm not a Gigabyte fanboy by any means. Infact I prefered almost all other brands over Gigabyte when it came to GPUs untill they nailed it with this cooler. 

A gpu maker lower on the pole than Zotac? Lol. No thanks. 

Palit is HUGE in Asia.  Palit and Sapphire (same parent company) outsold Asus, MSI and GIgabyte in 2013.

Which aftermarket 970 has the best cooling thus far anyway? Giga G1 right?

Which aftermarket 970 has the best cooling thus far anyway? Giga G1 right?

Personally, yes the Giga G1.

Palit is actually my favourite of the Nvidia AIBs. The Jetstream coolers are no question excellent.

Palit is HUGE in Asia.  Palit and Sapphire (same parent company) outsold Asus, MSI and GIgabyte in 2013.

Sapphire is considered the EVGA of AMD videocards. The most premium of all brands. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

A gpu maker lower on the pole than Zotac? Lol. No thanks. 

Palit is more Asia oriented, they is a sister company to Gainward, they make good products, so i would not call them lower than Zotac, since Zotac is not a bad company to begin with.

You have to understand that not all GPU makers are OEM-s and a the same share factories, the design is different but the product is essentially the same.

As for quality, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte were leaders 5 years ago, today, it is very hard to go wrong with almost any brand of GPU today, they all give 2 or 3 years warranty so you are covered there.

I myself have a Gainward Phantom card for 2 years, and the only problem i ever had is a driver crash ( so no hardware issues ), it is quiet, factory overclocked, and never lets me down, and the best part is it is cheaper than "the great three" alternatives, and out of the box it is the same speed or faster ( until you overclock ofc. since silicon lottery ), and yes, i will probably buy another gainward product in the near future.

Don't dismiss other brands so easily, you might find gold... ( and as for AMD just check Club 3d cards, they are freaking awesome )  

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I don't buy things from companies that I have never heard of. I'll stick with Asus/EVGA as I've not had any issues with them. Club3d is powercolor, I know of them. Never heard of these other companies though. Sapphire makes decent cards. My 7990 is a sapphire and my 6850 before that (still running in a buddy's pc) was solid too. The only gpu company I don't like atm is XFX. I had two cards fail from them. 

I don't buy things from companies that I have never heard of. I'll stick with Asus/EVGA as I've not had any issues with them. Club3d is powercolor, I know of them. Never heard of these other companies though. Sapphire makes decent cards. My 7990 is a sapphire and my 6850 before that (still running in a buddy's pc) was solid too. The only gpu company I don't like atm is XFX. I had two cards fail from them. 

It is ok to not trust brands you never heard about but it is not okay calling them lower, since the company you paired them with is making good products ( Zotac ), and what you just described is your bad experience with a brand that myself, and people i know had very good experience, best case is my friend who still rocks an xfx HD 5850, still going strong.

I gave a shot with gainward for the first time 2 years ago ( usually had gigabyte cards in the past ) and i am loving it, you can read a lot of reviews, professional and consumer. Your comment makes it sound like, any brand YOU do not know, sucks...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Usually when you ask a question, it's kind of nice to not be a dick to whoever answers. 

i did not ask a question, it was a statment

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Usually when you ask a question, it's kind of nice to not be a dick to whoever answers. 

This kid thinks that it's acceptable to be an ass for no reason on the forums, like he's talking to his friends on the playground or something. Just look at his profile, he's 14 and apparently he has not yet learned how to lead a civil discourse. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system