Corsair RGB vs Logitech or Razer

Admire
Go to solution Solved by CatCloud,

@Admire it's a frameless design, they had it since the first K70/90 keyboards, personally love that.

Also if its too bright turn down the brightness, there is a switch for that on the keyboard.

I am looking at Corsairs new RGB keyboards which are really cool, but im a little worried about the light from under the keys. I understand that RGB and Cherry MK switches is impossible in the normal way since they need more than 3 inches which is why the solution became like this...I see that Logitech and Razer have RGB keyboards out that don¨'t have cherry MX switches but that do that RGB in the keys themselves instead of underneath.

What are the advantage  to having it underneath as opposed to in the key?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Corsair

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I can't wait for Linus to do a review on the Logitech unit. Those are the two keyboards I want.

Though I absolutely hate the new Corsair logo, mostly for the yellow.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'd go Corsair but that's only if you need it now. The others aren't even out so there's no real way to compare them yet.

All 3 use different switches and software, if you're paying extra for the RGB lights it better have great software to go along it.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Every Razer product i have owned has broken.

My K70 and M65 however: are just fine.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

I am looking at Corsairs new RGB keyboards which are really cool, but im a little worried about the light from under the keys. I understand that RGB and Cherry MK switches is impossible in the normal way since they need more than 3 inches which is why the solution became like this...I see that Logitech and Razer have RGB keyboards out that don¨'t have cherry MX switches but that do that RGB in the keys themselves instead of underneath.

What are the advantage  to having it underneath as opposed to in the key?

Sorry i dont understand your question.

What is impossible? what inches? what "normal way" ?

I don't understand the OP at all, to be honest. I'm quite confused.

It's kind of hard to say anything about the Logitech offering yet as its not out yet. The Corsair/Cherry way of implementing RGB should reduce the chance of the LEDs dying.

Sorry I disappeared but was called to work on an emergency.

I don't understand the OP at all, to be honest. I'm quite confused.

Sorry i dont understand your question.
What is impossible? what inches? what "normal way" ?

Razer and Logitech has put RGB leds inside the keys. But those leds a 5mm and there is only 3mm room with cherry MX keys. This is why Logitech and Razer use different switches. Corsair has put the leds "under" the keys so the light can be seen under it.

Here is a picture of the corsair keyboard

P1050910-XL-820x420.jpg

You can see the light shining out beneath the beneath the keys.

Where as logitech  lights up the keys only and razer is a little inbetween

Logitech

Logitech_RGB-pcgh.png

Razer

mCmh3kjm5ayJHj4sE89F7Mw.jpg

Im a bit worried that it would be uncomfortable on the eys and making it a little diffecult to see the keys with the light coming out underneath the keys.

Hope that clears it up.

My retailer says that the logitech will hit danish markets on the 4th of november

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

@Admire it's a frameless design, they had it since the first K70/90 keyboards, personally love that.

Also if its too bright turn down the brightness, there is a switch for that on the keyboard.

Cool, nice to hear it. I am very hyped for the product, so just wanted to have a little extra info.

This is the article where I got it from

But there's a reason for Logitech's exodus—up until recently there was no RGB Cherry switch, and not due to lack of demand. According to Corsair, "Due to the current design of the Cherry MX switch, there is only room for a single 3mm LED that could mount directly onto the key switch." An RGB LED requires five millimeters of space, by contrast.

cgk70rgb_011_a-100448819-large.png

Corsair really wanted RGB backlighting though, so it worked with Cherry to solve the problem. The pair found that if they mounted the LEDs directly to the circuit board and used a lens to refract light, they could keep the iconic stem design and feel of the Cherry MX switches while still enabling full RGB backlighting.

As for the lighting on the K70, it's impressive though not without some weird design choices. Instead of recessing the keys into the casing, the K70's keys all jut out from the base. In other words, you can see underneath all the keys. You know—where all the light comes from in this new switch design. This results in a lot of light bleed from the sides of each key, which can be distracting. Also, due to the nature of RGB LEDs any keys that are set to White will bleed a bit of green out the top edge, which is unpleasant

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2686029/hands-on-corsair-gamings-new-k70-is-the-only-rgb-backlit-cherry-mx-keyboard.html