Samsung TVs, Are they the best?

Are Samsung TVs actually the best, I've never actually owned one I've always found LG to be a good brand for Tvs and monitors.

Also if they are the best does this continue over to there PC Monitors?

What do you think is the best TV Brand?

-OneManArmytstead

yes, they are pretty much the best, if you have enough money! :P

For pc monitors you should check out samsung, Asus, benq.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

They are a great brand, and so is LG. Tvs are so similar now, but both Samsung and LG are great choices. 

Samsung is one of the best HDTV manufacturers in terms of overall quality/features vs price. Their high-end stuff is also just as good (or better) then the competition as well.

With that in mind, that's mainly focusing on their LCD/LED lineup (That is, LCD panels with LED backlights). They're pretty much the "go-to" brand for LCD/LED TV's.

As far as Plasma goes (which in my mind offers the superior TV viewing experience), Panasonic is king - though the 2013 top of the line Samsung Plasma comes very close from what reviews are saying.

LG is also a good brand, that offers excellent value and generally good to great quality. They manufacture a lot of the LCD panels in TV's and monitors, which is probably a good thing. I have an LG Plasma TV that is simply gorgeous (Sub $1000 price bracket). It beats any LCD/LED TV I've looked at, though I wouldn't want to stack it up against a Panasonic VT60 :P

It all depends on what you want feature/quality wise, and what you can afford.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

you should get the 84" Samsung S9 4K UHD.  It only costs 40k....you can afford it...can't you?  My local Best Buy carries it and I have to say that I have never seen a picture quality of that magnitude before.  It puts digital theaters and IMAX screens to shame.  I can't imagine OLED looking any better when it comes out....it's just impossible.  Makes the almighty Pioneer Kuro look like a 14" black and white SD tv.  Right now for me the S9 is the pinnacle of digital TV tech.  Samsung is such an aggressive company, they don't take crap from nobody.

nope!! only OLED can fully turn off pixels.  LED's are  used as lighting either directly behind the lcd screen(aka local dimming) or used at the edges(aka edge lit).  The S9's contrast is breathtaking then again I haven't seen a full fledged OLED hdtv yet.  Since you say your credit card can covert it then can you buy me one as well?  thanks!!   :D

Samsung is one of the best HDTV manufacturers in terms of overall quality/features vs price. Their high-end stuff is also just as good (or better) then the competition as well.

With that in mind, that's mainly focusing on their LCD/LED lineup (That is, LCD panels with LED backlights). They're pretty much the "go-to" brand for LCD/LED TV's.

As far as Plasma goes (which in my mind offers the superior TV viewing experience), Panasonic is king - though the 2013 top of the line Samsung Plasma comes very close from what reviews are saying.

LG is also a good brand, that offers excellent value and generally good to great quality. They manufacture a lot of the LCD panels in TV's and monitors, which is probably a good thing. I have an LG Plasma TV that is simply gorgeous (Sub $1000 price bracket). It beats any LCD/LED TV I've looked at, though I wouldn't want to stack it up against a Panasonic VT60 :P

It all depends on what you want feature/quality wise, and what you can afford.

Exactly what I would have said. I'm curious to find out who will lead the OLED market.

Samsung SHOULD be a leader in the OLED HDTV market, since they are pretty much the world leader in AMOLED displays (according to sources, they make over 90% of AMOLED displays, and 40% of OLED displays overall).

Whether or not they keep this position, only time will tell. Sony and LG I would say are the other 2 big contenders for this slot.

Once OLED becomes cheap enough for "mainstream", well, THAT will be an exciting time for Home Theatre and Videophile enthusiasts!

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I have a Samsung LED HDTV, which was pretty affordable and works great.

While Samsung did have one of the best reviewed Panels this year, the top calibrators in North America Gave the best overall pick to the Panasonic Vt60. It really depends on what you mean by "Best". If you mean best overall specs, then its the Panasonic. If you mean best peak white levels for 3d it would be the samsung. Check out the flat panel shootout I posted earlier. You might be surprised at what is considered best.

I think Samsung makes the best panels out but you will pay for it. If you have the cash and want bleeding edge tech then go Samsung but if you want a decent brand at a better price go LG. I own both brands.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8ghz  |  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |  Video Card:  Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB  |  Ram: 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz  |  SSD: Samsung 840 120GB X2 Raid 0  |  Storage: WD Black 2TB X2 Raid 0  |  Power Supply: Corsair AX1200   Case: Corsair 800D  |  Monitors: 3X 2560X1440 LED  |  OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit  |  Keyboard: Logitech G19  |  Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO  |  GamerTag: ZombieS1ayerKing  |  Quote: “Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”

Compare at your local tech store :)

Didn't Panasonic say they aren't doing plasmas any more? I love the deep blacks of plasmas, but OLED will take over when it comes out, and own anything in black levels before it due to the pixels turning off. I absolutely love this technology, as there is nothing worse than having a dark room but seeing the TV 'on' even though it is all black (well meant to be). And there is nothing better than seeing a dark room with an AMOLED screen of a Samsung phone on, but you can't tell. It lets me use the Galaxy tab 7.7 with the SAMOLED+ screen as a bedside digital clock, simply because the only parts of it emitting light is the actual digital letters. If i try doing that with my Surface i may as well turn the lights on.

i prefer the look of sony's TV's over anything else, "generally speaking"

Are Samsung TVs actually the best, I've never actually owned one I've always found LG to be a good brand for Tvs and monitors.

Also if they are the best does this continue over to there PC Monitors?

What do you think is the best TV Brand?

No, they are not. Every brand has its better and worse TV's. Samsung failed several times as well. Samsung certainly isn't better v.s. other brand, and vice versa. From the well known brands, only Pioneer and Loëwe had TV's that set them apart from the norm, but Joe average can't (couldn;t, since Pioneer stopped making TV's some years ago and sold their patents to Panasonic) afford them (or should spend his money wiser).

The best LCD panels are made by Sharp. These panels are also used but basically every TV manufacturer that doesn't produce it's own panels for their top models, including Sony at the time they actually were still involved in the SLCD-jointventure with Samsung (and thus kind of had their own panels).

Samsung has had a problem in terms of inputlag with their TV's. A Samsung-label on a TV equaled a bad inputlag. However, several reviewed Samsung tv's this year did quite well. But if no review with an included inputlag-test is available, I would stay away from Samsung if you're a gamer.

Basically, the dumbest thing one can do is to 'brand-whore'. Just read reviews, and pick the best option that answers to your needs the best. The reasoning that for price X, you'll get a product from one manufacturer A that is per definition better than a product from manufactured B, is nonsense.

The F and E 8000 plasmas form Samsung are great TV's indeed, and gave Panasonics 50-series a run for their money. However this years 60-series are are truly amazing. It's the old Pioneer territory....

I wouldn't say the best. Are they good LCD panels? Yes, but there are many other good options. The Panasonic ST60 series is probably the best price to performance TV out there right now, and their VT series is doing some impressive things as well. 

Very happy with the Samsung TV in my bedroom, great colour depth, resolution ect.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

I wouldn't say the best. Are they good LCD panels? Yes, but there are many other good options. The Panasonic ST60 series is probably the best price to performance TV out there right now, and their VT series is doing some impressive things as well. 

The VT series is supposedly almost a match to the Pioneer Kuro of days gone by, and probably surpasses the Kuro in many areas as well.

Had my Samsung 46" UN46C6900 LED TV for a few years now and it's fantastic. Had it professionally calibrated after I got it and it still looks amazing. I loved LG LCD TV's but had nothing but issues with their LED TV's. Went through about 3-4 of them and they all had horrid light bleed. I had a Sony 46" 3D LED TV and found the picture quality terrible. Everything was dull and kinda fuzzy!

The Samsung TV I have now is the only one I've kept for longer then a few months. Couldn't be happier!

• 2 weeks later...

haha I had a Samsung and they said it was perfectly done but would flicker green while watching blu rays with all blu ray players. they suck for repairs. I went with a Panasonic vt25 a couple years back and its been amazing. when people say perfectly calibrated I laugh. isf calibration cost around 500 bucks, sony,Samsung,Panasonic,lg and so on are not calibrated at all out of the box. to be perfectly calibrated you have to have that nice isf certified....and not best buy isf either...the real deal with light meters and service menu adjustments. anyway I'll be getting a vt60 this year hopefully...maybe a zt60 we will see.

samsung tvs are good if u want a smart tv if u just want a basic high res tv i would recommend sharp

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled

I have a 2yo 46 inch LED 3d samsung TV and i love it.  Ive set it to "smooth" mode in the advanced setings, and blu rays look AMAZING.  Took a month or so to get used to it, but my brain has adapted and its not as brain-bending anymore... but its simply the best screen ive ever had.  The 3d isnt anything great.. since the tinting on the glasses makes u lose a lot a brightness, unlesss u change the brightness just for that, but yeh... 3d is just a gimmick to me.  The main selling point is the 200hz refresh rate output.  Simply put.... if you play a blu-ray (23.976hz refresh rate), it will fill in "fake frames" to the extend of up to 200hz (200 frames) per second, which while is 99% perfect 99% of the time.. is stunning for mostly everything.

For example the only downside is when your watching a movie, say when theres a fast moving scene were a camera is filming a desert or sea scene at high speed (using a helicopter as a base for the camera).  It simply *TOO* fast.  The very buttom of the frame is blurred and doesnt look right.  This is because the "fake": frames cannot interpret correctly what "should" be there fast enough.  You would expect in a few years this will be solved(maybe) but my 2 year old screen doesnt handle that well currently.

It rarely ever happens anyway and im 100% pleased with it and wont replace it probably till a 4K screen becomes the standard.

I use a HTPC for streaming videos and recording because i dont like the propriatory "locked-out" files it produces.  I cant take a tv recording and play it on my PC due to samsungs propriatory recording codec.  The file simply does not show up when a usb stick is inserted into a pc... so a HTPC is still the method i use to make recordings... for its flexability.  I dont use any of the smart TV apps like skype or youtube as my HTPCX does them perfectly and much more high customised with MediaPortal =)

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log