50"-52" LED tv under $1000 with great quality?

cafe

Does anybody here know what would be a good tv for this value? My mom wants one and is looking to buy one, so? I would prefer a 52" but 50" is okay.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

FORUM INVALID

sorry found something

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

• 4 months later...

Which TV did you buy? I am looking for a big screen with good picture quality but without all those useless "smart" - features.

I'm just curious as to why you decided to go with an LED TV? Have you considered Plasma? They generally offer better picture quality per price point. There are down sides (as there are with every type of display technology), such as increased power consumption (still reasonable) and lower brightness (Only a problem in very bright rooms). Some Plasma's may have increased input lag, but that's dependant on the particular model.

I personally picked up a 50" LG 50PA6500 Plasma TV for $650 CAD, and the image quality blows away any LED I've seen in the sub $1000 price point. This TV is a "dumb" TV, in that it has NO smart features. I didn't want any, since I'm using an HTPC with it anyway. 24p playback is excellent. Brightness is reasonable, even during daylight. Motion playback is excellent. Viewing angles are flawless for anywhere in my living room (I have a couch at 90 degrees to the TV, and you can still see great pretty much anywhere on the couch). Input lag seems fine (I haven't tested any games, but windows mouse/keyboard feels perfectly responsive). The blacks and especially the colours blew me away when I got it. The first movie I watched was Star Trek (2009) which I've seen many times before, and it was breath taking.

Anywho, that's my shameless plug of the day :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

In my mind, the reason to look at an LED TV would be:

1) Your room has direct sunlight to the TV, with zero or very little light control. Eg: No blinds or curtains. Lots of windows facing the TV.

2) You play tons of games and are exceptionally sensitive to input lag (average person wouldn't have a problem with either TV type).

3) Your electricity rates are crazy high, and every watt counts.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)