It has arrived! (Ares 3)

CatCloud
  • 1 month later...

GPU with no Front Plate.

HYIgtUs.jpg  

Another picture...ill add more...soon.

I´m also going to paint the front plate White, hopefully it will turn out Great

Maybe ill do a build log..i dunno, i have a motherboard dilemma right now so...not sure what to pick..

GPU with no Front Plate.

Another picture...ill add more...soon.

I´m also going to paint the front plate White, hopefully it will turn out Great

Maybe ill do a build log..i dunno, i have a motherboard dilemma right now so...not sure what to pick..

benchmarks needed! this thing must overclock like a beast! what temps does it get to?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

benchmarks needed! this thing must overclock like a beast! what temps does it get to?

....Still not connected >_> i could if i wanted to, i got all the things but i´d have to dismantle my current rig

I´ll have benchmarks up once the GPU is Plugged in. Maybe next week, if i can make up my mind on a motherboard.

....Still not connected >_> i could if i wanted to, i got all the things but i´d have to dismantle my current rig

I´ll have benchmarks up once the GPU is Plugged in. Maybe next week, if i can make up my mind on a motherboard.

i would laugh if it was doa.....................

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

• 2 months later...

Quick question, why pay extortionate amounts of money for a card when you could get 2 R9 295X2s for less? :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Quick question, why pay extortionate amounts of money for a card when you could get 2 R9 295X2s for less? :P

First of, it's better by a small margin.

Then there is the fact it's 1 slot thick, even with a waterblock on the 295x2 it's still a 2 slot card due to the plate at the back.

Then there is the bragging rights as well as the fact it's flat out better looking + less work to attach the waterblock as well as the back plate AND you get sleeved cables + the suit case....did you even look at page 1 :P

Yeah it's not worth the pricetag but whatever, I'm not a poor pleb.

Also have you SEEN how stupid the R9 295X2 looks!? No way I'm wasting time with that.

First of, it's better by a small margin.

Then there is the fact it's 1 slot thick, even with a waterblock on the 295x2 it's still a 2 slot card due to the plate at the back.

Then there is the bragging rights as well as the fact it's flat out better looking + less work to attach the waterblock as well as the back plate AND you get sleeved cables + the suit case....did you even look at page 1 :P

Yeah it's not worth the pricetag but whatever, I'm not a poor pleb.

Also have you SEEN how stupid the R9 295X2 looks!? No way I'm wasting time with that.

Could have just jammed a waterblock on it for 1/1000th of the price :P anyway have fun with that card :D

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

• 4 weeks later...

IM sooooo DAMN jealous 

Im scared.. Its cold.. Please i dont want to be deleted.. I wanna sing!

• 1 month later...

Could have just jammed a waterblock on it for 1/1000th of the price :P anyway have fun with that card :D

Keep in mind when he bought this, the 295x2 was not $600 like it is now, it was closer to $1500.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

• 4 months later...

Holy shit. That is an amazing looking card. This thread has been dead for a while, but can I see pics inside your case. Also, is it an AMD or NVIDIA card? also SEXIEST CARD EVER!

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Holy shit. That is an amazing looking card. This thread has been dead for a while, but can I see pics inside your case. Also, is it an AMD or NVIDIA card? also SEXIEST CARD EVER!

Wops.

Ares series cards are all AMD.

And thanks. Atm it's outside, I'm cleaning the loop.

• 4 weeks later...

one question: how much did that majestic thing of beauty cost!

what about a dual  980 Ti... it would be a real power house, plus you get the benefit of having 6Gb of V-RAM.

what about a dual 980 Ti... it would be a real power house, plus you get the benefit of having 6Gb of V-RAM.

Not intresserad in having two cards, nor can I in my itx rig.

I could in my main rig but I don't feel like it right now nor do i find Maxwell to be anything special.

Pascal? Possibly.

Pascal sounds great, but it will cost you a shit ton of money to buy one of those beasts when they launch (what do you expect from a card with 32GB of V-RAM).

P.S when I said dual 980 Ti's, I meant it would be cool if they made a dual 980 Ti card, not for you to get two 980's and run them in SLI :)

Pascal sounds great, but it will cost you a shit ton of money to buy one of those beasts when they launch (what do you expect from a card with 32GB of V-RAM).

P.S when I said dual 980 Ti's, I meant it would be cool if they made a dual 980 Ti card, not for you to get two 980's and run them in SLI :)

They are only putting such high amounts of vRAM on the Quadros, you can expect the mainstream cards to have maybe 8GB, possibly 16GB on the Titan, AMD is doing the same thing.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

They are only putting such high amounts of vRAM on the Quadros, you can expect the mainstream cards to have maybe 8GB, possibly 16GB on the Titan, AMD is doing the same thing.

yea, thanks what I thought to myself as well. I think that they will probe have maybe 12GB of V-RAM, because  yolo.

• 1 month later...

WOPS! so i forgot to update, i painted the Front plate white.

tmgzDtg.jpg

Somewhat Grainy looking but it looks pretty good in the case, i think the reason it got so grainy is because i was running out of paint in the can :P

I´ll take a shot of the gpu in the case tomorrow as its night and i have crap lightning :P