Envy MK II - Caselabs Mercury S8! Featured Build Log!

the pokemon kid

That is one snazzy looking build. I'm so jealous right now, it's almost un-believable. 

Great work on the tubing as well, that acrylic tubing looks so much more cleaner. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

That is one snazzy looking build. I'm so jealous right now, it's almost un-believable. 

Great work on the tubing as well, that acrylic tubing looks so much more cleaner. 

Thanks man! Took me a while to sort the acrylic tubing out! The monsoon bending kit was a huge help!

fantastic

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

That green coolant is amazing  :o

Thanks, I am a big fan of EK's green coolant! Always looks cool. It is also UV so when I have the lights on it lights things up nicely!

fantastic

Thank you!

I am green with envy  :P

Haha, thats what I was going for :)

Absolutely stunning build.  I love the details you went through and the horizontal mounted Res. is very cool and very different.  I love CaseLabs builds.  Well done!!

Was bleeding your loop a difficult task??  Seems like it might have been.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Absolutely stunning build.  I love the details you went through and the horizontal mounted Res. is very cool and very different.  I love CaseLabs builds.  Well done!!

Was bleeding your loop a difficult task??  Seems like it might have been.

Thank you! Mounting the res like that was scary as I had to cut a few little holes in the back of the case and then had to drill some inch wide holes in the motherboard tray (Very scary).

Bleeding was fine, because of the two radiators and their positioning, it ment that I could open to top caps on them and fill them with liquid to bleed the air faster. The only issue I had was the blanked port on graphics card was blocking air and I had to tip the case and open up the blanking port to get the rest of the air out...

Beautiful build

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Beautiful build

Thanks! A lot of hardwork went into this!

Gorgeous. Can't wait to get this case. 

It is a brilliant case! The build quality is amazing! Blows the 900D completely out the water! Everything feels premium with this case!

Really sad for your ethernet port... not a biggie though, could've been something much worse!

Congrats :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Really sad for your ethernet port... not a biggie though, could've been something much worse!

Congrats :)

Yeh, a case of taking the motherboard out and RMA'ing it or putting a NIC card in... I went for the easy option haha

Here are my overclocks and benchmarking of the computer! I am trying to sort an issue with my graphics cards however, as I am now getting 10fps average lower than last time. I am not sure why either. My temps are lower and the overclock is the same...

15527272507_20ea8d889f_z.jpg

Computer Overclocks by Mat Teague, on Flickr

• 3 months later...

the mount for the resovoir is awesome dude.
nice build man :) ! i love caselabs!

I love this colour scheme reminds me of the Matrix! Very nice build

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

the mount for the resovoir is awesome dude.

nice build man :) ! i love caselabs!

Thanks man! I only realized how cramped it would be after I got the radiators :D

I love this colour scheme reminds me of the Matrix! Very nice build

Cheers man! 

i love that green sleeving, what type is it?

It is custom sleeving from Shak Mods. I think they use MDPC sleeving!

Also guys, my build is up for voting now! Please vote for me! I really want to see it up on the WAN show!

Get voting here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/319051-featured-build-logs-002-voting-thread/

• 2 months later...

gratz on the wan show shout out :) ! i told you your build was fuckn sweet :)

gratz on the wan show shout out :) ! i told you your build was fuckn sweet :)

Cheers man! Very happy to be shown on the show!

Just as a point, the system was powered on for those final pictures and the flow rate is set to 2 on both the pumps! The bubbles don't get sucked in because of the inlet being higher than the outlet! 

• 1 month later...

Hi.  I was completely blown away when I saw your build.  I was excited when my wife said I could pull the trigger on a caselabs.  Then the trouble started.  m8, s8, s8s?  I started configuring different builds in my head and almost drove myself (and everyone around me) nuts.  Then I saw this and my jaw hit the floor.  I would like, with your permission, to build a very similar setup with minor changes.  I am not entering any contest, or doing this for money. I am asking out of respect and if anyone was to inquire about my case, of course you get the credit for the layout.  Plus I have a couple small questions about your setup if that's ok with you.   Just stunning, love the black, nickel, and green.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I was completely blown away when I saw your build.  I was excited when my wife said I could pull the trigger on a caselabs.  Then the trouble started.  m8, s8, s8s?  I started configuring different builds in my head and almost drove myself (and everyone around me) nuts.  Then I saw this and my jaw hit the floor.  I would like, with your permission, to build a very similar setup with minor changes.  I am not entering any contest, or doing this for money. I am asking out of respect and if anyone was to inquire about my case, of course you get the credit for the layout.  Plus I have a couple small questions about your setup if that's ok with you.   Just stunning, love the black, nickel, and green.

Hey, I am glad that you liked the build so much!

It is the Caselabs Mercury S8. Sure you can copy what I have done, the design isnt mine to lend out to people  :lol: You dont need to credit me to anything, just credit it to caselabs as they have done all the hard work creating an awesome case!

Fire away any questions you have :D

Side note: There are some big changes coming to Envy. These changes will potentially make this Envy MK III. Tell you more about it nearer to the time!

• 3 months later...

Blah it's not working..anyway..NICE JOB! I love the case and the color scheme! I might get that case some day.