Samsung SGR-A1 Robot Sentry

dDaunloz

Bgcxgf9.jpg

A Samsung Group subsidiary has worked on a robot sentry that they call the SGR-A1, and this particular robot will carry a fair amount of weapons that ought to make you think twice about crossing the borders of South Korea illegally – as it has been tested out at the demilitarized zone along the border over with its neighbor, North Korea. The SGR-A1 will be able to detect intruders with the help of machine vision (read: cameras), alongside a combination of heat and motion sensors.

The whole idea of the Samsung SGR-A1 is to let this military robot sentry do the work of its human counterparts over at the demilitarized zone at the South and North Korea border, so that there will be a minimal loss of life on the South Korean side just in case things turn sour between the two neighbors.

First announced in 2006 (where obvious improvements have been made since, and I am not surprised if much of it remained as classified information), this $200,000, all weather, 5.56 mm robotic machine gun also sports an optional grenade launcher. It will make use of its IR and visible light cameras to track multiple targets and remains under the control of a human operator from a remote location. Basically, it claims to be able to “identify and shoot a target automatically from over two miles (3.2 km) away.” Scary! When used on the DMZ, this robot will not distinguish between friend or foe – anyone who crosses the line is deemed as an enemy.

Source: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/09/samsung-sgr-a1-robot-sentry-is-one-cold-machine/

run for your lives

i7 4770k @ Corsair H105 | Asus Maximus VI Gene | 8x2 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | SLI €VGA GTX 780 SC ACX | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Corsair HX850 | Zalman ZM-T2 | Samsung s23B300b x3
MSI E350IS-E45 | APU E350 | HD6310 | 4GB Kingston Valueram | V300 120GB + 2x2TB + 3TB | Cooler Master Elite Power 450W | Antec P180 White Mini | Aiwa NSX-BL24 | Samsung UN40B6000

Samsung Galaxy S5 ( SM-G900M ) | Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.5 GHz | 2GB RAM | Adreno 330 | SuperAmoled 5.1" 1080p | 16GB + 64GB | Li-Ion 2800 mAh | Skullcandy Supreme Sound ink'd 2

inb4

portal2turretreplica_616.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Err... well then...

Looks like my people weren't exactly so secret about it. At least we are still BEST KOREA, right? Right? ...

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nothing new here.... They tested out their model heat-seeking missiles on my car not too long ago. 

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Well, at least it hasn't got tracks. Yet.

14989_0883_1_lg.jpg

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Can I get one for my desk so my sister will stop stealing my change? Also can we line our southern border with these?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can I get one for my desk so my sister will stop stealing my change? Also can we line our southern border with these?

That'd kill everyone it sees, including you in that first case you described. No exceptions, everyone goes down.

Also. Maybe a bit too big for a desk...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

That'd kill everyone it sees, including you in that first case you described. No exceptions, everyone goes down.

Also. Maybe a bit too big for a desk...

Well, slap some biometric identification software in it and hit it with a shrink ray damnit.

someone in the military is going to come up with the bright idea of putting rocket thrusters all over it, and then it will fly around, spinning out of control killing everyone. Garry's Mod will undoubtedly be blamed.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

someone in the military is going to come up with the bright idea of putting rocket thrusters all over it, and then it will fly around, spinning out of control killing everyone. Garry's Mod will undoubtedly be blamed.

To be honest, I'd rather have the android in your avatar as a sentry.

Samsung makes all kinds of crazy shit, from cafes, schools and hospitals.

e_main01.jpg

to tanks

k55a1tank.jpg

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Samsung makes all kinds of crazy shit, from cafes, schools and hospitals.

[snip]

to tanks

[yet another snip]

Wonder when / if they would take over South-Korea... Imagine a country named Samsung...  lol no thanks...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Wonder when / if they would take over South-Korea... Imagine a country named Samsung... lol no thanks...

And then everything will have to run touchwiz.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

samsung is getting scary...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.