A good standalone mic?

Mohfuu

Hello

I'm planning on dropping my headset and swapping them out for new earbuds, this means I also need a new microphone.

I've got a pair of Shure SE215 on the way and I need a standalone mic which I'll use pretty much exclusively for communicating with my gamer pals (Skype/Mumble ect.).

Something that doesn't pick up on too much surround noise (neighbors/TV next door/mechanical keyboard(MX Clear)) would be fantastic.

/Snip

Blue Snowball, or Blue Yeti for good desk mics...

Zalman modmic, or Antlion 4.0 Mod Mic for addon mics...

(the second option is the better option for each category)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

$50 USD - Blue Snowball

$100 USD - Blue Yeti

Get a pop filter too, they generally run $10-$25 USD.

Nothing from blue imho. 

mxl tempo or at 2020.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

$50 USD - Blue Snowball

$100 USD - Blue Yeti

Get a pop filter too, they generally run $10-$25 USD.

This

Budget, currency, and location?

Budget, well.. as cheap as I can get without my friends complaining about audio quality or noise. I could see myself spending up to 50-70 dollars (300-500 NOK) if I had to.

Location; Norway.

I'm not a content creator or anything, I'm simply a dude that needs to talk to other dudes with clarity.

I'm not exactly going to be recording my voice for my own enjoyment, so spending over 100 dollars on this when I don't have to seems like a bad idea.

Just as a point of reference for microphone sound quality, I've been using the G35 headset from Logitech, which I like but it's just getting a bit old and kind-of disgusting (I just don't feel like wearing a headset when I really think about it)

The mic quality on the headset was really good but it does pick up on almost everything, so my friends have never complained about not hearing me, but they may have complained about hearing too much of my surroundings.

Blue Snowball, or Blue Yeti for good desk mics...

Zalman modmic, or Antlion 4.0 Mod Mic for addon mics...

(the second option is the better option for each category)

I'm using earbuds, these mod mics probably wouldn't be suitable unless I can clip them to my clothes or something, I wouldn't want that hanging on my earbuds.

So far I'm leaning towards the Snowball, why should/shouldn't I go for these?

How close to my face does this fairly huge object need to be in order to pick up on my voice?

Will it filter out surrounding noise? i.e. stuff mentioned in OP (TV in next room/mechanical KB/neighbors, ect. ect.)

Nothing from blue imho. 

mxl tempo or at 2020.

What's so great about MXL Tempo and/or AT 2020?

Also; what's bad about blue?

What's so great about MXL Tempo and/or AT 2020?

Also; what's bad about blue?

Mxl is a good company within the 50-200$ dollar range for microphones. at2020 is a golden budget mic with better highs then a lot of other microphones. the reason I don't like blue is because if you're paying 100$ you should look good, it lacks the quality of a condenser and just doesn't sound as good as others. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I've been using the snowball for a while now and only receive compliments on how clear my voice is. I'm looking for a clip on mic as well though since the blue snowball is pretty big.

I've been using the snowball for a while now and only receive compliments on how clear my voice is. I'm looking for a clip on mic as well though since the blue snowball is pretty big.

This is kind of the dealbreaker for me.

The way things are now I would probably need to get a whole.. like.. arm thingy (don't know what they're called) to hold the microphone somewhere infront/above my face which will take up even more space .

I'm assuming if I plop it down infront of my screen and behind my keyboard people I'm communicating with will pick up on that keyboard tapping with painful clarity.

Or I'd have to put it down between my wrists/arms infront of my keyboard which just isn't right.

Or I would have to put it somewhere on my left hand side, a space which is usually occupied with other things.