Watch Out Samsung, here comes.... Panasonic..?

pit5000

Panasonic's new CM1 Smartphone with 1 inch sensor camera!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/15/6151671/panasonic-leica-cm1-android-cameraphone

Galaxy Zoom phones finally have some competition.

Definitely a step in the right direction for these uber cameras on phones. I'm hoping we'll soon see something like the Galaxy NX in a smartphone... just imagine the possibilities of interchangeable lenses on a smartphone camera! That would be sexy.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I do like that. I seriously do... am I weird?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I find that really odd. I don't think they even have an advanced point and shoot that has a 1" sensor...why the hell would they put one in this?

Priorities, Panasonic. Priorities.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah uhh...how bout no?

It's just ridiculous to have a camera phone. I mean seriously? Yeah good camera is handy to have on your phone for those situations but a professional would have their DSLR with them ANYWAYS.

27pwdDs.jpg?1

o0bLghi.jpg?1

It's definitely cool but I think this is just a technical exercise. I mean really.. who is this targeted towards ? Anyone who's into photography will just buy a dedicated camera and casual users will find this bulky and cumbersome to use as a phone. That leaves the hipsters to save the day  :P . I guess there's the argument that it's cheaper than buying both a high end phone and a decent compact camera, but at 900/1162$ that will remain to be seen.

Still.. It's a cool device and shit like this is necessary to drive technology forward, so I say "More power to you Panasonic!". Just don't expect to get your money's worth in sales.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Didn't Sony try this on one of their phones? Nokia as well?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

It's definitely cool but I think this is just a technical exercise. I mean really.. who is this targeted towards ? Anyone who' into photography will just buy a dedicated camera and casual users will find this bulky and cumbersome to use as a phone. That leaves the hipsters to save the day :P . I guess there's the argument that it's cheaper than buying both a high end phone and a decent compact camera, but at 900/1162$ that will remain to be seen.

Still.. It's a cool device and shit like this is necessary to drive technology forward, so I say : More power to you Panasonic. Just don't expect to get your money's worth in sales.

So hipsters that find the iPhone or even the Galaxy too mainstream now but don't want the crap camera on the htc1...Might be a bigger market than we think

-------

Current Rig

-------

i do like the design of the phone, and why not make the feature of a phone a really good camera, just make sure you back it up with flag ship performance and an alright size compromise 

we live in a consumer society.., WANT is more important than need.

I have a perfectly good phone in my iPhone 5S, I also have a decent camera in my Samsung NX2000..., but there's something about this kind of product that just makes me feel like a kid inside :D 

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Samsung tried this already and it wasn't successful, but I think the bulk of the device was its downfall, this is more pocket-able. 

So hipsters that find the iPhone or even the Galaxy too mainstream now but don't want the crap camera on the htc1...Might be a bigger market than we think

I was thinking abut the hipsters who like something just because it's different and eye catching. The type that smoke a pipe even though they don't actually like smoking :P

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

10/10 would not buy.

I really like good cameras on phones but damn that's too big.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Samsung tried this already and it wasn't successful, but I think the bulk of the device was its downfall, this is more pocket-able. 

Those phones are successful otherwise they wouldn't be making them over an over again in the last 5-6 years.

RTX2070OC 

looks like a vlogger's deleight. would be good for work too if your need to take alot of photos

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I probably wouldn't buy it but honestly this just seems cool to me. Guess my likes don't mesh well with some of the other opinions here.

In between products like this never do well. What is it? A camera or a phone?

Are you going to market it as a camera? Too expensive and not good enough for that.

Are you going to market it as a phone? No unique feature to stand out in the crowded market.

Although it is funny how this phone is pretty much the only Android flagship phone left that is not 5inch+

Android, why you so big now?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

In between products like this never do well. What is it? A camera or a phone?

Are you going to market it as a camera? Too expensive and not good enough for that.

Are you going to market it as a phone? No unique feature to stand out in the crowded market.

Although it is funny how this phone is pretty much the only Android flagship phone left that is not 5inch+

Android, why you so big now?

I think that you're making a bit of a mistake in thinking this can't be marketed as a phone with a large sensor and good lens. 

The convenience of one device combined with the high-end specs for both the phone and the camera as a point and shoot that can record up to 4k video is something I think a lot of people will be interested in if marketed properly. 

In my mind the biggest downside to this phone is the 2600mAh battery. That sucker isn't going to last long and will absolutely require an external solution such as a battery case or a portable battery

I think that you're making a bit of a mistake in thinking this can't be marketed as a phone with a large sensor and good lens. 

The convenience of one device combined with the high-end specs for both the phone and the camera as a point and shoot that can record up to 4k video is something I think a lot of people will be interested in if marketed properly. 

In my mind the biggest downside to this phone is the 2600mAh battery. That sucker isn't going to last long and will absolutely require an external solution such as a battery case or a portable battery

Samsung tried this and failed. And for most people iPhone's 8 megapixel shooter is good enough when it comes to smartphone photography. Even if there was a huge market for phones with really good sensors, there are already well known phones in that category like Sony Xperia series and Nokia Lumia series.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Samsung tried this and failed. And for most people iPhone's 8 megapixel shooter is good enough when it comes to smartphone photography. Even if there was a huge market for phones with really good sensors, there are already well known phones in that category like Sony Xperia series and Nokia Lumia series.

I guess it really depends on if you can sell the idea of a much nicer camera in your phone to the amateur photographer market. 

If I read correctly they will be testing the Japanese and German markets first so we will see how well it flies there. Japan should be a good indicator because it has a big camera market 

I am actually more surprised to hear Panasonic would make a phone again than to hear the phone they're making is a total Quasimodo.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

-snip-

Thanks for posting the pictures. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Panasonic has become such a weird company.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.