Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

Nice! Been subscribed since late 2010, love all your content, whether it's the old content with your classic unboxing or the new style that I also like. Keep it up.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sweet child of mine. I soooooo want a new rig. Mine is 6 years old. You could review it as a collectors items lol. I started watching your videos to be able to build my own pc. Never hsf the money free to buy it but your video helped.

I found your channel by looking for case reviews when I was in the market for a new case.  Watched a videos on some Phanteks case, then I saw some more of your videos on your channel, and now i can't stop watching you everyday. (That sounded creepy)

Well done Linus and everyone else over at the Linus Media Group. I find it really inspiring how you have started everything up from scratch and made a living doing what you love. I have been subscribed to you for a long time now and I always watch every new video as you release them as I love your quality content. You know what? I'm not normally one for audiobooks but screw it. Guess il sign up for a free trial. Every little helps! ;)

I wish you all the best in the coming years.
Chris

I stumbled across the channel by the sidebar videos, best random click of my life.

I watched a video one day, then another a few days later. After that for a little over a week I finally subscribed. I remember the couch days, and a line that stuck was "I am down one camera man, I am up one remote" - from an Antec hard drive adaptor I think.

Crazy to think how long ago that was and how far you've come!

"You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys. But there's one thing you can't take away.... I am Iron Man." - Anthony Edward Stark

IRONHIDE | INTEL 2600K | CORSAIR H90 + AF140 X3 | MSI Z77 MPOWER | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB | EVGA GTX 980SC

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB | SEAGATE SSHD 2TB | CORSAIR AX850 | FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 WINDOWED

First channel I ever subscribed to on YouTube. Still glad of it. Keep up the good work, and here's to the next million.

Linus is just so funny, take for example the terrible sex jokes he makes from time to time. So unprofessional but hey it works.

Started watching your video's about 3 years ago, and I'm still watching today  :D

Linus and the Team,

Goats are like mushrooms.
If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters. 

Lel

Ker Blam.

Congratulations! Wow, I've only been a subscriber for like 2 months but I absolutely love the content that you create, keed it up, and again, congratulation! :D

a friend showed me the contest because i am in desperate need for a computer

• CPU: intel celeron 430
  • Motherboard: asus p5kpl-cm
  • RAM: 3 GBytes
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
  • Storage: 500 GBytes seagate
  • PSU: 500 w
  • Operating System: windows vista home premium 64 bit

I found your channel by looking for reviews on youtube for computer parts. Favorite vidoes are the reviews. And i would like That custom computer made by you because i know you would pick the best parts! Favorite food is FooD

Hey Linus. I know I know... i really dont have a large post count but i wanted to thank you for making such awesome videos. your videos have helped me through some really tough times. I love how your videos are always so uplifting. If I had to choose a specific video and style, I'd say it was the one where you showed how to use plastidip to paint the r9 290s. I like the homestyle videos. Im glad theyre scarce... thats what makes them special. You've introduced me to a great community that helped me finalize my gaming pc build. Youre awesome and i respect he fact that no matter how difficult the week was or how rough life was, you never missed a video release. your videos are one of the main things i look forward to every morning. if i had to choose a prize, that gaming pc would be awesome. ive been wanting an ssd and to switch to intel for a while now... im still running an FX-6350 and a toshiba 2 tb hdd... and these are parts from my first build. thank you for all youve done for this entire community and im proud to say that linus tech tips is like a home away from home. heres to another million subscribers. I look forward to seeing this channel rise above all the rest.

It doesnt matter who wins and who loses, because in the end, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

I just wanted to say thank you linus and the whole tech tips team, I love every video and it's helped me create a system that I hope to be able to purchase some day or maybe win this one :) :rolleyes: <3

I can write a short explanation about my history, which heavily involves this site and Linus. Back 2 years ago, I could not decide what I wanted for Christmas. I had everything I could have ever wanted, and then some. At the time I was into Minecraft, since it was the only game that ran decently on our schools Macbook whites. I was thinking one day, around October, that I wanted a computer of my own. So I asked my facebook friends if they knew anything and they pointed me in the right direction, but there was still a lot of information left out. For the next month, I spend my days doing research on the cheapest possible parts to get that would run minecraft good, which lead me to Newegg's YouTube channel. I watched their "how to build a pc guide", and a few related videos, then I came upon Linus's review of a Radeon 7770 (Which is what I was considering at the time, I think it was this video:)

The way he reviewed the card and just how he presented himself left me happy and informed. Ever since then, I have been watching all of the videos that interest me, which are mainly unboxings (Please, we need more! And some cheaper products that we can afford!), events, and random ones that interested me. I can say that for the last 2 years I have been involved on the YouTube channel, but it was only about a year ago that I decided to join this site. It's been a great trip, I have learned a lot, caught some good sales, learnt some valuable lessons (Like how not to ruin a CPU by using Hydrogen Peroxide to clean off the paste), and made a few friends in the process.

One of the biggest reasons I love this website so much is that within minutes of posting something, there is always someone to give a response. It is a large community filled with people who mostly know what they are talking about and are willing to take time out of their day to help someone in need. Thank you Linus and all of your team for keeping up with the quality videos, managing a large website, and providing youself with enough income to support a small company, but not in a way that makes us uncomforable doing so. Whenever I have a bad day, I just watch one of your videos :)

On a side note, this was my first computer built:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8GHz with a Hyper 212 EVO (CPU: $80, Cooler: 30)

Motherboard: ASRock ATX AM3+ ($70)

RAM: 8GB of Corsair XMS3 1600MHz (Used for $25)

HDD: 500GB WD Green (Used for $15)

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7750 ($80)

PSU: Antec 450W ($40)

Case: Raidmax Stingray ($15)

Total: $355, which was a very good price for a system that I loved so greatly. I am now heading off for college, so now I have to downsize my current rig (i5-4670k, 660ti) to a smaller case and get a laptop. '

Edit: Formatting

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Wanted to quickly say that you guys inspired my IT career and now am doing an apprenticeship doing what you guys do! THANKS DUDES!!! AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Here is a suggestion for a show or a segment you should think about.  You should do something to talk about cybercrimes.  With so many vulnerability in new technologies, it makes sense to have news or a topics on current cybercrime events so people watching the videos will be up-to-date on how it happened and what to do on how to protect themselves.  Think about it, Linus.  ;)