1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

a friend showed me the contest because i am in desperate need for a computer

• CPU: intel celeron 430
  • Motherboard: asus p5kpl-cm
  • RAM: 3 GBytes
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
  • Storage: 500 GBytes seagate
  • PSU: 500 w
  • Operating System: windows vista home premium 64 bit

I found your channel by looking for reviews on youtube for computer parts. Favorite vidoes are the reviews. And i would like That custom computer made by you because i know you would pick the best parts! Favorite food is FooD

Hey Linus. I know I know... i really dont have a large post count but i wanted to thank you for making such awesome videos. your videos have helped me through some really tough times. I love how your videos are always so uplifting. If I had to choose a specific video and style, I'd say it was the one where you showed how to use plastidip to paint the r9 290s. I like the homestyle videos. Im glad theyre scarce... thats what makes them special. You've introduced me to a great community that helped me finalize my gaming pc build. Youre awesome and i respect he fact that no matter how difficult the week was or how rough life was, you never missed a video release. your videos are one of the main things i look forward to every morning. if i had to choose a prize, that gaming pc would be awesome. ive been wanting an ssd and to switch to intel for a while now... im still running an FX-6350 and a toshiba 2 tb hdd... and these are parts from my first build. thank you for all youve done for this entire community and im proud to say that linus tech tips is like a home away from home. heres to another million subscribers. I look forward to seeing this channel rise above all the rest.

It doesnt matter who wins and who loses, because in the end, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

I just wanted to say thank you linus and the whole tech tips team, I love every video and it's helped me create a system that I hope to be able to purchase some day or maybe win this one :) :rolleyes: <3

I can write a short explanation about my history, which heavily involves this site and Linus. Back 2 years ago, I could not decide what I wanted for Christmas. I had everything I could have ever wanted, and then some. At the time I was into Minecraft, since it was the only game that ran decently on our schools Macbook whites. I was thinking one day, around October, that I wanted a computer of my own. So I asked my facebook friends if they knew anything and they pointed me in the right direction, but there was still a lot of information left out. For the next month, I spend my days doing research on the cheapest possible parts to get that would run minecraft good, which lead me to Newegg's YouTube channel. I watched their "how to build a pc guide", and a few related videos, then I came upon Linus's review of a Radeon 7770 (Which is what I was considering at the time, I think it was this video:)

The way he reviewed the card and just how he presented himself left me happy and informed. Ever since then, I have been watching all of the videos that interest me, which are mainly unboxings (Please, we need more! And some cheaper products that we can afford!), events, and random ones that interested me. I can say that for the last 2 years I have been involved on the YouTube channel, but it was only about a year ago that I decided to join this site. It's been a great trip, I have learned a lot, caught some good sales, learnt some valuable lessons (Like how not to ruin a CPU by using Hydrogen Peroxide to clean off the paste), and made a few friends in the process.

One of the biggest reasons I love this website so much is that within minutes of posting something, there is always someone to give a response. It is a large community filled with people who mostly know what they are talking about and are willing to take time out of their day to help someone in need. Thank you Linus and all of your team for keeping up with the quality videos, managing a large website, and providing youself with enough income to support a small company, but not in a way that makes us uncomforable doing so. Whenever I have a bad day, I just watch one of your videos :)

On a side note, this was my first computer built:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8GHz with a Hyper 212 EVO (CPU: $80, Cooler: 30)

Motherboard: ASRock ATX AM3+ ($70)

RAM: 8GB of Corsair XMS3 1600MHz (Used for $25)

HDD: 500GB WD Green (Used for $15)

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7750 ($80)

PSU: Antec 450W ($40)

Case: Raidmax Stingray ($15)

Total: $355, which was a very good price for a system that I loved so greatly. I am now heading off for college, so now I have to downsize my current rig (i5-4670k, 660ti) to a smaller case and get a laptop. '

Edit: Formatting

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Wanted to quickly say that you guys inspired my IT career and now am doing an apprenticeship doing what you guys do! THANKS DUDES!!! AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Here is a suggestion for a show or a segment you should think about.  You should do something to talk about cybercrimes.  With so many vulnerability in new technologies, it makes sense to have news or a topics on current cybercrime events so people watching the videos will be up-to-date on how it happened and what to do on how to protect themselves.  Think about it, Linus.  ;)

I love everything that you guys have been doing; MAD respect KEEP IT UP!!

I have really enjoyed this tech review channel, thank you for always posting great content! 

I'm so glad that you hit the 1.000.000 mark, and I hope you receive the Gold Youtube soon. I've been watching you since 2013 and I love your videos. 

Congrats Linus, it's been a long time since I watched some of your videos when you worked for NCIX, back when all I wanted was to build a nice PC for myself and came to you for help. Times change though and so do priorities, still have yet to build that PC. A custom rig constructed by you and your team would be my prized possession, thanks for everything man. :)

Man I feel like such a dweeb for just now registering. Seriously though I'm pretty happy for Linus and his team. I found his videos before I was even registered on YouTube. I was in the middle of deciding which motherboard I should use for my very first PC build, and it seemed like every motherboard review I looked up on YouTube, he had a review of. Haha this was back in the park bench days! I loosely followed, until I realized he wasn't Linus from NCIX Tech Tips anymore segwaying into Seinfeld music and would do reviews of headphones; and cases...then I found the WAN show, and the rest is history.

I can firmly say that LinusTechTips was the reason I truly became passionate about technology. 5 years have passed and this is where I stand:

> Studying Software Engineering

> Built a high end watercooled machine

> Internship at Ericsson

> Met awesome people through a conversation about linustechtips

> Learning more each day, one video at a time

The people I have introduced to linustechtips are all going through a similar experience. You guys made all this happen, it's truly incredible. Thanks for the fun and here's to another million :)

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

T2gTaye.gif

OMG OMG OMG

Lol in all seriousness big thanks to LMG for making amazing videos! I watch every one of them, even if I'm not interested in the product because I know it will be interesting and funny :) Thanks guys!!!

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I found the LinusTechTips community great even the forum users, very helpful always can relay on them. I love all the videos you make and meep doing what u do best. Cant wait for ur Iphone 6 review it will be funny as hell I think....

I found this youtube channel when browsing to see the new 670 ASUS laptop that came out during that year.  I cannot remember that date ( don't shoot me).  I never win these stuff either way all I wanna say is congrats to you guys for pursuing a dream and having success from it!

Wow 874 pages when i posted GG

Good job on 1,000,000 subscribers!

You are a really good man Linus, you are going to make a great dad when your son gets older and fully understands what all you do. And I am glad you have had such a good start with your youtube channel I hope it continues to grow and keep you happy and alive, you and your team have done such a great job.. I love all you guys keep making awesome videos that I watch for my everyday life :P have an awesome rest of your day, afternoon, or night which ever it may be.

Also hope I win that gaming PC I could really use a new system lol

Did you know Saab drivers are some of the most educated drivers on the road? Oh and I drive a Saab :P

I found Linus Tech Tips while looking for recommendations on parts for a new computer build. I really enjoy your videos and they are quite informative. Congratulations on 1 million subscribers!

I found Linus through Austin Evans. I have been watching Linus now for years, and love all of his content. He has even inspired me to start to make videos myself, even though I haven't been very active. Winning this rig would make it easier for me to make videos. And do what I love. Congrats Linus! :)