Searching for my next mouse (thoughts?)

Tony
Go to solution Solved by Thorium19,

tl;dr. I hate background services, icons and restarting my computer. xD

I have the logitech software on my PC, and it doesn't run in the background or have to be open. once you've downloaded it, set it up with your mouse and sorted anything you want on it (mouse button profiles, LEDs etc.) you can just close the software and it will maintain what you have set, without the need for constant updates. really easy to use IMO. Something like the corsair M45 would fit your needs, although I did see what you said about the aesthetic. Or the logitech G300 would be a decent choice, with 2500dpi max, but probably a few too many buttons for you. The steelseries senei/sensei raw is a cracking mouse, with everything you'd probably need, but you would probably have to install the steelseries engine software. Have you had a look at the CM storm recon? no idea on how good it is, but it's a bit of a left field choice.

My Razer DeathAdder (2012) is going bad (frequent disconnect/reconnecting, braided cable fraying, etc) and I'm looking for a new mouse but I'm looking for a mouse that has and doesn't have certain features and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm looking for a mouse that has the following:

• a clean aesthetic (nothing like the R.A.T 9
  • no extra buttons, I just want left, right, middle/scroll-wheel combo (I'm always accidentally clicking the left side buttons so I don't want them)
  • Self contained software (I don't want to have to have to install software on my computer to adjust anything, I much prefer like a switch on the bottom of the mouse that will control polling and lighting or whatever)
  • Optional (a simple lighting like a glowing scroll-wheel or sides would be neat *in either pink or blue just NOT red)

What I would really LOVE is another razer deathadder with a lower dpi (3500 is just wayy to sensitive), all matte with no edge along the top rim (it's a magnet for dirt/grime), removed side buttons and software. 

Is there a mouse out there similar to this?

Extra notes:

The Steelseries Rival looks nice, but again with the software and side buttons.

Every Logitech mouse I've seen (Regular and G series) look terrible, I've only ever liked their Anywhere Mouse MX but only for my laptop.

I don't like any of the Corsair or Mad Catz mice (buttons buttons everywhere and the aesthetic is anything but clean) 

-Tony

Check out the logitech g402, its got a few more buttons than you want, but you can probably disable them somehow.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Hyperion-Gaming-Fusion-910-004069/dp/B00LZVNWIA

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It is the superior gaming mouse. Just get the Synapse 2.0 and put DPI down and disable side buttons.

But that's one of the things I hate the most.. is the need to have the software going, I hate the Synapse software, it's constantly alerting me of updates, and the icon wont go away on the task bar without closing the software completely :( and once it's closed and you press a side button it defaults to forward and backward page loading again .. which i hate :/

-Tony

Or  another suggestion for a good all around mouse is the Performance MX. There really is not a mouse with the attributes what you desire. But the MX is great. No risk of hitting the buttons accidentally and no software needed.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Check out the logitech g402, its got a few more buttons than you want, but you can probably disable them somehow.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Hyperion-Gaming-Fusion-910-004069/dp/B00LZVNWIA

3 more buttons then what i'm currently dealing with and they're right where I want my thumb to rest :( and the Logitech software is worse than the Synapse software :(

Is there really not a single mouse out there that is just so simple??

-Tony

3 more buttons then what i'm currently dealing with and they're right where I want my thumb to rest :( and the Logitech software is worse than the Synapse software :(

Is there really not a single mouse out there that is just so simple??

Erm this?

41KYNQOVkrL._SY300_.jpg

xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Or  another suggestion for a good all around mouse is the Performance MX. There really is not a mouse with the attributes what you desire. But the MX is great. No risk of hitting the buttons accidentally and no software needed.

I definitely don't want anything that's in your face right hand, cause I occasionally go ambidextrous with my mouse (reason why the buttons are such a big deal)

It's sad, I don't even feel like i'm being all that picky at all.. am I? haha, everyone else is always about wanting "MOREE!" and then I come along with wanting minimal.. 

-Tony

Erm this?

41KYNQOVkrL._SY300_.jpg

xD

xD yeah... if only the scroll wheel wasn't so crap.. those things last forever.

the steelseries kinzu V2

Oh wow! yes I like that one O.o That is a really nice one, I'm going to put that on my list of highly possible. Thank you!

-Tony

I definitely don't want anything that's in your face right hand, cause I occasionally go ambidextrous with my mouse (reason why the buttons are such a big deal)

It's sad, I don't even feel like i'm being all that picky at all.. am I? haha, everyone else is always about wanting "MOREE!" and then I come along with wanting minimal.. 

I dont even know anymore. get an OEM HP mouse then.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

yeah, the steelseries kinzu that @s3ns3 recommended is pretty close to the mark from what you're asking for. I'm not sure whether you would like it or not, and it's only really suited to palm grips, but the func ms3 is fairly good and is ergonomic.

on a side note, if you don't mind me asking why you don't like downloading the software for mice, I'm just curious is all, so don't feel obliged to reply.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

yeah, the steelseries kinzu that @s3ns3 recommended is pretty close to the mark from what you're asking for. I'm not sure whether you would like it or not, and it's only really suited to palm grips, but the func ms3 is fairly good and is ergonomic.

on a side note, if you don't mind me asking why you don't like downloading the software for mice, I'm just curious is all, so don't feel obliged to reply.

the func is pretty, not much for the simple or ambidextrous however :( 

and yeah, I really like the Kinzu V2.. just It's now so outdated apparently the only places I've seen it are on shady amazon pages or used :( that concerns me, they need to release a V3 lol

And I don't like downloading software because they update nearly 3 times a week it seems and I'm not one for restarting my computer unless i REALLY need to.. (I will go sometimes over a month before I restart it.. because I just hate doing it) additionally, I hate having things running in the background, I even disable a lot of windows features purely because I don't like things running (Like "XPS Services/Viewer", "Games" and sometimes even services I'll never touch). I know I don't need to.. I mean.. 32gb of ram, i7-3930K, I know it's fully capable of running everything and much more, but it's just something internally I feel if it's not necessary.. I don't want it running (lol, I'm the same on my phone, so many android services I've disabled). And also, any software that is installed that feels like it wants to give you a system popup message HAS to have a notification icon to do this (blame Microsoft) and I hate those icons so much, and like to keep as few as possible there at all times and synapse (last I looked *just now*) wont let you disable their icon, and it's such an ugly icon.. :/ I really wish I could remove the dumb "Safely remove hardware" icon :| but I don't like the side effects to do that (I've already researched the heck out of it) anyways, clean aesthetics are what I love. lol

14cza12.png

-Tony

I have the logitech software on my PC, and it doesn't run in the background or have to be open. once you've downloaded it, set it up with your mouse and sorted anything you want on it (mouse button profiles, LEDs etc.) you can just close the software and it will maintain what you have set, without the need for constant updates. really easy to use IMO. Something like the corsair M45 would fit your needs, although I did see what you said about the aesthetic. Or the logitech G300 would be a decent choice, with 2500dpi max, but probably a few too many buttons for you. The steelseries senei/sensei raw is a cracking mouse, with everything you'd probably need, but you would probably have to install the steelseries engine software. Have you had a look at the CM storm recon? no idea on how good it is, but it's a bit of a left field choice.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I had a Logitech keyboard (G510) and a headset (G930) and they shared software but towards the end the software started having serious problems with hanging and causing everything to freeze up along with a memory leak which was pretty bad (also with the updates and icon :( ) but in the end my hardware never actually kept any setting when the software closed, the keyboard flipped to white and well.. the headset didn't work but that makes sense.

The Corsair M45 isn't the worst.. but the sharp corners and many creases bother me a bit and it seems their "control panel" software is needed too.

I'm actually really liking that Sensei and Sensei [Raw], It seems to have pretty much everything I want minus the buttons but from what i'm reading, their software is a tiny footprint, and isn't required for a lot of settings which is really amazing, I'm going to look more into this for sure, the metal build is REALLY appealing too... I might cut my losses with the software bit and just install it for this one..

It's funny, I completely forgot that Cooler Master had any mice, not really liking it however :( took a look at the rest of theirs and the Mizar doesn't look bad but the DPI is insanely high O.o (8200) so their software is definitely required to slow it down.

So in the end I think i'm leaning a lot towards the Sensei ... and second place with the New DeathAdder.. because my deathAdder has lasted so long but the selectable colors for the Sensei have nice appeal cause my keyboard is a magenta/pink and green doesn't look so good with pink lol Thanks so much for your help :) I think i'm going to get the Sensei.. lol, you swayed my opinion. Thank you to @s3ns3 too, that was a beautiful mouse as well.

-Tony

Taking what they've done with Windows.. and then Skype.. and I mean look at the xbox.. lol I don't think i'd touch anything else made by Microsoft until they have proved themselves again.. maybe when windows 9 releases......... or not.

-Tony

Most mice work just fine without the software running in background. You just open it once, configure the mouse and close it. Some even let you save the settings in the mouse's own memory (like Corsair M45) so you can just uninstall the software after configuration.