Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Google Brings Confusing Layout Update to YouTube

So today I watched some videos and I noticed that the Like and Dislike buttons are gone.It seems that it is an update that only allows you to like/dislike a video after watching the whole video.

A recent update by Google has made it seemingly impossible for some users to like or dislike Youtube videos. The answer is that from now on, you will only be able to like or dislike after you have watched the whole video! And even then the active thumbs up or thumbs down buttons have moved the to top of the finished video. Don’t like this change? You are not alone. Google seem to be making a habit of upsetting users these days with their seemingly arbitrary meddling. All in the name of making even more profits

Source:Pcpartners.uk.com

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

So today I watched some videos and I noticed that the Like and Dislike buttons are gone.It seems that it is an update that only allows you to like/dislike a video after watching the whole video.

Source:Pcpartners.uk.com

The like and dislike buttons ARE the thumbs up and down buttons.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

How's this horrible? I really don't mind tbh. Perhaps it's a counter to Addblock? People who want to like/dislike are forced to watch the entire video => include commercial in video => people forced to watch it= profit.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

They're still there. And I can like/dislike whenever I want so far.

5b698a0d0b30c82bfeebedb94da8593e.png

Click the thumbs

Bghl4Zq.png

so now we have to scroll to the last few secs to like/dislike?

i forget to click these buttons anyway :unsure:  :ph34r:

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

How is this a problem?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wait, what are you saying with this picture?

I was trying to show him that the like button is gone, but it was actually the thumb

Uh...but you can?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They just moved things around.

This post brought to you by a chronic lack of patience and sarcasm!

Also, the PSU tier list is a joke that nobody should actually take seriously

Zenith (dual-socket Pentium III XP rig)

2x Pentium III 1266MHz (cooled by new-old-stock Cooler Master MicroFin coolers), 512MB PC133 ECC, Supermicro P3TDDE, 80GB Barracuda 7200.7 (OS and basic programs), 160GB DiamondMax Plus 9 (games), Radeon 9600 Pro, Enthoo Pro, Corsair CX750M, Windows XP Pro SP3

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB (Falcon w/ busted laser), XB1X 1TB, PS1 1001 (don't really use), PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB

Everytime a big company makes an update people will find something to complain about

How's this horrible? I really don't mind tbh. Perhaps it's a counter to Addblock? People who want to like/dislike are forced to watch the entire video => include commercial in video => people forced to watch it= profit.

Or they just skip to the end of the video. And how is this going to do anything for adblock? Adblock will block all of the ads no matter where they occur.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

They're still there. And I can like/dislike whenever I want so far.

5b698a0d0b30c82bfeebedb94da8593e.png

Click the thumbs

This. You really can't miss it.

Or they just skip to the end of the video. And how is this going to do anything for adblock? Adblock will block all of the ads no matter where they occur.

Quite hard to block an ad if it's part of a video. Watch big twitch live streams, the commercials are being streamed, so you can't block them.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

I think they should bring back the star system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think they should bring back the star system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

Heres the old comment system, the closest you're gonna get.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

This would be a welcome change. It actually makes sense when you think about it