Yet another R4 build

gurraglaa

Hi guys!

I built my first desktop about two, three months ago and just wanted to show it of. And since Linus and Slick mentioned how they love the amount of Define R4 builds that are shown of here on the forum, I thought I would be join the party!

The build isn't anything special. Just mid-range parts with some custom braided cables and some LED's. But it does its job and I am very pleased with the looks of it :)

The Parts:

Chassi: Fractal Design Define R4 Black with windowed side panel

PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 500w

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz

GPU: Asus Radeon HD7850 2GB DirectCU II @ 1050MHz/1450MHz

RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz LP

CPU cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo w stock fan

MOBO: AsRock Z77 Pro4-m

Boot drive: Samsung 840 120GB

Program HDD: Seagate 7200rpm 320GB (from old PC)

Storage HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB (from old External HDD)

Case fans: 3x Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm (2 in, 1 out)

LED's: NZXT PCI-slot 1m blue + 30cm random white strip

DVD: Random from old PC

Multi card reader: Random from old PC

Mouse: Qpad OM-75 PRO Gaming mouse

Keyboard: atm random mocrosoft keyboard that will be replaced

Monitors: Benq 24" 1920x1080, FujutsuSiemens 22" 1680x1050

Speakers: Logitech 5.1, don't know model number or name.

20130315140623.jpg

I know that the heat shrink isn't perfect, but for a first timer I am satisfied with the result :)

20130318214057.jpg

I was about to give up for a moment, but in the end I managed to finish the sleeving without too many broken pins.

20130319211628.jpg

20130320074907.jpg

dscn4216q.jpg
Given that the Samsung disk is so beautiful, it would be a shame to have it hidden behind the motherboard plate or in a HDD sledge. Therefore, with some Velcro I found another home for it.
dscn4225nc.jpg
To hide the ends of the sleeves I just getto-taped the cables together. Cause I didn't want to open the PSU. It didn't end up too bad imo.
dscn4219p.jpg
The cable management is good enough for me. I can close the side panel without problems and no cables is visible from the other side. The R4 is very generous with space back here!
dscn4240d.jpg

dscn4223ma.jpg
I would have liked a set of blue dims, but they were out of stock at the time of ordering and costed about 5 dollars more than the red set for some reason.
dscn4220a.jpg
Blue+white lights on
dscn4230g.jpg
Only white lights on
dscn4235l.jpg
The card reader got getto-mounted in the second 5.25" bay, but when not used it's covered by one of the plastic covers that come with the case. The dust filter is just removed temporarily to show the fans.
dscn4239b.jpg

And this is how it looks :) It's simple, cheap and good enough for my purposes. I love it!
dscn3471n.jpg

Chassi: FD R4 window CPU: 3570k @4.5GHz GPU: ASUS 970 Strix @ 1450/7000 MHz PSU: FD Integra 500w

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz SSDs: 2x Kingston 120GB RAID 0 (OS), Samsung 840 120GB (Steam) CPU fan: Noctua U12P Case fans: 3x140mm FD R2

Nice sleeving and cable managment  :) Maybe if you were a bit more patient with the heatshrink it would have come out better. But this definitly looks a lot better than stock cables  :P

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

Super nice clean rig! Sleeving looked real good, especially for your first time trying it!

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

Maybe it's just the light reflecting but is that CM Hyper 212 from another rig because it looks like it needs a good dusting :). This build looks really good, definitely proves that you don't need to spend tons of money to build a beautiful PC :).

Also I'm guessing you're a fan of Fractal? :P

Nice sleeving and cable managment :) Maybe if you were a bit more patient with the heatshrink it would have come out better. But this definitly looks a lot better than stock cables :P

thanks, you are absolutely right there, that is the one thing I would change. I might go heat-shrink-less some day when I get bored.

Super nice clean rig! Sleeving looked real good, especially for your first time trying it!

thanks, I appreciate it

Maybe it's just the light reflecting but is that CM Hyper 212 from another rig because it looks like it needs a good dusting :). This build looks really good, definitely proves that you don't need to spend tons of money to build a beautiful PC.

Also I'm guessing you're a fan of Fractal?

thanks man :) yes it must be the reflection, because it's brand new and clean :)

about being a fan boy I say yes and no. I love the case and the fans are decent, so to save money I bought an extra one instead of three new ones. the PSU just happened to be the cheapest that fit my needs :)

and last of all, I'm from Sweden, and like to support the locals fractal, qpad and ikea (a)

I love the ssd placement nice job :D

I'm glad you like it! I actually placed it there right before posting this thread! I love it!

Love this build!!! Also for those pesky uneven heatshink on you cables you should look at this tool http://lutro0-customs.com/product/lc-sleeving-tool-ai-version

thanks, belive it or not I have watched lutro and seen his shop and tools. I hoped I could do it without the extra tools, but I was kind of wrong

Chassi: FD R4 window CPU: 3570k @4.5GHz GPU: ASUS 970 Strix @ 1450/7000 MHz PSU: FD Integra 500w

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz SSDs: 2x Kingston 120GB RAID 0 (OS), Samsung 840 120GB (Steam) CPU fan: Noctua U12P Case fans: 3x140mm FD R2