LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 15 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

The World Is Still Beautiful (Soredemi Sekai wa Utsukushii)

Current

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "It's kind of slice of life, but in a more serious way. I know that sounds like it's an oxymoron, but you'd have to watch it to know what I mean. The story is serious, yet the interaction between the characters isn't, if that makes sense."

Nike, the fourth princess of the Rain Dukedom and one who holds the power to call forth the rain, travels to the Sun Kingdom to marry Sun King Livius for her country, despite her own reluctance. She soon discovers that the King, who conquered the world in only three years after his ascendance to the throne, is still a child! Furthermore, for trivial reasons, he has demanded that Nike call forth the rain...?!

Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-TheWorldIsStillBeautiful.pn

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Blood Lad

Recent

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Very similar to Beelzebub honestly in terms of themes and genre. I enjoyed it more because I found it funny and a few other things. Again, has a terrible ending that spoils the crap out of the later manga chapters, so if watched, and you think you want to continue the real story in manga form, do not finish this series. Just read the manga once you are certain you are interested in this."

As well as by @Legion saying "I just recently finished watching this anime, it had some hilarious scenes that made me laugh.It walks a fine line between fan service and hentai almost parodying it but its too frequent to ignore.

Some of the characters are well clever and it was paced well enough to keep me interested. It is a short anime full of references to some of your favourite shows and was a nice relief from the sometimes serious nature of vampire shows like vampire princess miyu (another personal favourite of mine)."

Blood Lad follows Staz, a vampire that is obsessed with the human world, and Fuyumi, a human girl that was killed and turned into a ghost after wandering into the demon world. Staz promises to help Fuyumi regain her humanity by bringing her back to life, as it means that he would be able to visit the human world

Read more at ANN

LTTAnimeClub-BloodLad.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Mawaru Penguindrum

Post-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Drama, seinen. Probably the strangest show I've ever seen, but in a good way. From the director of Revolutionary Girl Utena."

Himari Takakura passes away after going out on a trip with her brothers, twins Kanba and Shōma. She was, however, miraculously saved by a spirit in a penguin-shaped hat. In return for her extended life, the twins must search for an item known as the Penguin Drum with the aid of three penguins, which are visible only to the siblings.

Read more at ANN

LTTAnimeClub-MawaruPenguindrum.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Samurai Champloo

Pre-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Action, drama, seinen. From the team behind Cowboy Bebop. What else do you need to know? Available on netflix."

Mugen is a fierce animal-like warrior with a unique Bboying (break-dance) inspired fighting style. Jin has a more traditional style but don’t think of this as a weakness because his skills are amazing. The two contrasting samurai warriors are far from friends, yet their separate paths seem to cross anyways. Mugen is wandering aimlessly through the city when he stumbles upon a teahouse where he meets Jin and Fuu (A ditzy waitress, but don‘t think she doesn‘t have anything hidden up her sleeves). Fuu convinces them both to come with her in search of a mysterious samurai that smells like sunflowers and their journey begins. This modernized hip-hop tale breaks the barriers of the common, historical, samurai anime.

-from ANN

LTTAnimeClub-SamuraiChamploo.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Kaiba

Random

This was suggested by @helping saying "I'd probably suggest Kaiba. Seems more unique than anything I've seen recommended. Has art style that looks almost like it's a web animation inspired by retro Japanese animation and some American. It kind of reminds me of Astroboy with a look similar to hand animated American trippy cartoons, a bit like an animated Dr. Seuss film at some times. Definitely something that looks like it's for children and you wouldn't expect to be rated R if you only glanced at it."

As well as by @Vitalius saying "It's like... It's so complicated. Yet it's not. The show has adult and philosophical themes, yet the art style seems childish to an extent. This creates a conflicting dynamic within the show. It also being a weird take on dystopian sci-fi makes it a really great anime imo.

It's one of my favorites. For a lot of reasons.

I call it the anime you watch if you want to know what being on acid is like. Not that I've ever been on acid, but I imagine it'd be like that.

It deals with the existential question of what humans really are (i.e. souls, or memories, or strictly our consciousness, etc.) while telling a love story I really enjoyed in a world that is so foreign that suspension of disbelief is not necessary. At all."

It is now possible to store memory data, so that the death of your body is not actually "death". As memories are stored in databanks, they can be "transferred" to new bodies. Because so-called "memory trading" now occurs, it is now possible to steal memories and illegally alter them.

Society has fallen apart as authority has become lost and stagnant.

One day, a man awakens in a ruined room. His name is Kaiba. He has no memories, but he does have a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman inside.

In the skies are roiling clouds and electrical storms, impossible to pass without losing one's memories; above them lies the elusive realm of the rich and powerful, who barter others' bodies and memories for their own enjoyment and longevity. Below lies a troubled and dangerous world where good bodies are hard to come by and real money is scarce.

After suddenly being attacked, Kaiba escapes into space, and during his travels meets all sorts of people and regains his memories. Throughout it, he continues to be troubled by the world's problems, as well as his own existence. And what of the woman in the pendant, Neiro?

Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-Kaiba.png

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

I'm voting for Samurai Champloo...

Sill, the others look interesting... Too bad I'm stumped with IRL stuff now...

samurai because of nujabes <3 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Oh lord, not Samurai Champloo xD

well if it fails to win or end up in second this time you will not see it again for some time lol since last time it was in a poll it was second it wasn't moved down the list so it ended up in another poll.

Oh lord, not Samurai Champloo xD 

Blood Lad is good.

Whats wrong with Samurai Champloo?

The pic for Kaiba is a screenshot that I took because I couldnt find anything remotely useful. It a very good anime that is very unique.

oh and dont forget to suggest anime here http://goo.gl/xqVmUv . We are running somewhat dry in certain categories and definitely certain genre's.

well if it fails to win or end up in second this time you will not see it again for some time lol since last time it was in a poll it was second it wasn't moved down the list so it ended up in another poll.

Thats how it should be anyways.

I watched Mawaru Penguindrum, Fantastic. Love the comedy too. but i only watched the 1st ep tho.

God why am i always voting Post-2007

EDIT: Ill watch Samurai Champloo too

EDITEDIT: I cant vote both can i?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I watched Mawaru Penguindrum, Fantastic. Love the comedy too. but i only watched the 1st ep tho.

God why am i always voting Post-2007

hey its no where nearly as bad as recent or current everytime.

Whats wrong with Samurai Champloo?

I couldn't stand it last time I tried to watch it. Part of it is probably the art style. 

I couldn't stand it last time I tried to watch it. Part of it is probably the art style.

But that in my opinion along with the music/soundtrack is the best thing about it. But this is why we have multiple options each week.

I wont be watching this weeks series instead i'm going to opt to finish one week friends this week

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'm voting Samurai Champloo, not only because I voted for it last time, but because it's just sort of hypnotizing to watch ad keeps me engaged the whole time it plays. I thought of going with Kaiba since it sounded really interesting, but after watching the first episode I don't know if it's interesting i a good way or not?... All of them seem pretty good tough, and if it wasn't for me kind of just wanting Champloo through, I really might have voted differently, but unfortunately you guys always ave interesting stuff up there and make it all hard to decide... (I think Mawaru is my second choice)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I wont be watching this weeks series instead i'm going to opt to finish one week friends this week

you can do both!

Withholding my vote for now. I don't know what to pick... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

you can do both!

hahaha i wish but i honestly can't

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

hahaha i wish but i honestly can't

That is just a state of mind!

Wow voting time already. Damn! Worked straight through another one. I really should find more time to relax.  -_-

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

well if life is that busy why don´t you just watch 2-3 eps After/Before work?

OR during Lunch/dinner/Breakfast?

It's not just work I have various commitments, I would try to fit them in but honestly they just keep getting bumped by other priorities. Mark me up as melodramatic and cheesy but when truly want to watch something I really have to get into it. Someday though...

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

It's either the world is still beautiful the penguin one or samurai champloo for me... but what to pick.... ughh

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^