friends pc wont turn on

Keenantheplant

I meants off, he can't turn it off.     He has and fx 8320 and he clicked oc genie and his pc wont turn off even when he holds the power down. His screen is also black and wont boot up.

Try unplugging all the usbs plugged in besides keyboard and mouse when turning off and on

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

You can always reset bios and then turn it on.

Its on already, he can't turn it off. So he cant take out the cmos.

While its on unplug all usbs besides mouse and keyboard. These issues can happen when you have an external hdd plugged in and it may be corrupt so the pc cant read it or turn it off upon the turning on and off stages

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

There is a switch on the motherboard to reset the bios, you need no power.

If you panic and can't find it, take the battery off the board, wait a minute, put it back in and start the system.

There is a switch on the motherboard to reset the bios, you need no power.

If you panic and can't find it, take the battery off the board, wait a minute, put it back in and start the system.

This sounds like a good idea. OP if you do this make sure you wait that minute because the capacitors on your motherboard need to discharge their power first otherwise it'll be pointless.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick