Help with bottlenecking and CPU + 400$ Gaming Laptop?

Go to solution Solved by Hectoric,

Well the A6 will bottleneck, you can oc the cpu to minimize the bottlenecking between the cpu and gpu. Well 400 dollars isn't any good for a gaming laptop, 800 dollars or more is what you would spend on a good gaming laptop. Unless you want to play those console exclusive games on xbox one then don't buy a xbox one. Use that money for a upgrade in your pc. 

Will use 400$ for upgrades. Thanks.  :)

Here's the story. I'll try to make it as short as possible. I've been saving up for a PC and bought one on eBay but something went wrong and they asked me to buy it on Amazon. So I got a refund and bought it on Amazon. The PC came about 5 days later and these are the specs: AMD A6 6400K, 8GB 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix RAM and a MicroATX motherboard that I don't know the name of. I planned to upgrade it with a GTX 760 and a 600W PSU from Corsair. The PC's power supply was broken so we sent it back and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm just wondering how bad of a bottleneck it will be with a AMD A6 6400K and a GTX 760. And if it's really bad what CPU should I get. I'm on a tight budget and won't go above 200$. I also am planning on spending about 400$ on either a gaming laptop either as powerful or more powerful than my other option, the Xbox One. Thanks for reading this.

"made the beat then murdered it, casey anthony"   - Childish Gambino

Don't spend under $800 on a "Gaming laptop" unless you get it used and it is a really good deal, otherwise it will most likely turn out to be shit.

perhaps the A10-6800K?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

400$ gaming laptop? Are you high :P It won't bottleneck much, maybe 5 frames. The AMD A8 and A10's are good.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Well the A6 will bottleneck, you can oc the cpu to minimize the bottlenecking between the cpu and gpu. Well 400 dollars isn't any good for a gaming laptop, 800 dollars or more is what you would spend on a good gaming laptop. Unless you want to play those console exclusive games on xbox one then don't buy a xbox one. Use that money for a upgrade in your pc. 

Doesn't seem to be bad of a CPU considering you can overclock it a little but, you might have a bit of a bottleneck but nothing major since it's an AMD dual core. If you want the best performance. Spend the $400 on your current build instead. Like other people said for $400 you won't get a true gaming Laptop if one at all.

Will use 400$ for upgrades. Thanks.  :)

BTW this is one of the best communities I've ever encountered. :D  

A6 6400k Will bottleneck a lot from personal experience even my a8 5600k bottlenecked my gtx660 imo go with the g3258 pentium with h97 mobo that could oc