Who else is done with asus and their inability to use spell check?

TDP_Equinox

https://k96.co/ZHteo

Their bios on my M5A99FX Pro R2.0 also has some doozies in there as well.

When a product is being sent to hundreds of thousands of people, you would think they would double check their spelling.
No? 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Isn't it something to do with them being Taiwanese, I assume the translation is often shabby.

Don't quote me on that.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

haha this made me laugh :D silly asus 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

That's an obvious translation issue. Kind of racist to call them out for it.

I wouldn't call it racist, a bit dickish at the most.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I wouldn't call it racist, a bit dickish at the most.

not really either.

With a big company such as asus, you would think they would just hire a good translator. 

Instead of using google translate or whatever they do.

I know they have people there who are fluent in English, so what gives. 

When you have a product going out to that many people, you could spare the small bit of effort to get someone to check their products.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

not really either.

With a big company such as asus, you would think they would just hire a good translator. 

When you have a product going out to that many people, you could spare the small bit of effort to get someone to check their products.

Oh no, I don't think you're dickish at all. I'm on your level, I agree with you.

I just wanted to say what you said wasn't racist.

That's something I would expect from a smaller business, not one of the leading PC hardware companies.

but the again, Nvidia's Geforce Experience has a ton of translation issues too

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I had an Asus bios somehow get wipe out and it came back with an error saying "Error start up, Bios Be Not Installed. Reboot?"

thats some next level grammar right there.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

not really either.

The quality of the translator is irrelevant because certain things simply do not translate from one language to another. Your comment is still extremely racist because you are complaining about someone else's language barrier. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

The quality of the translator is irrelevant because certain things simply do not translate from one language to another. Your comment is still extremely racist because you are complaining about someone else's language barrier. 

Thats... that's not racism. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%20racism

And that message can be translated perfectly fine into English - "Your graphics card doesn't need to update VBIOS", which would have been identified by simply asking a few native English speakers to read through their translations. They are complaining about the language barrier of a person who is employed to translate into English, which is a perfectly fair point to make, especially on such a large TNC (Trans-national company) that ships thousands of products worldwide, including a very significant number to English-speaking countries.

And no, I don't want to start a debate on this.

HTTP/2 203

Thats... that's not racism. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%20racism

And that message can be translated perfectly fine into English - "Your graphics card doesn't need to update VBIOS", which would have been identified by simply asking a few native English speakers to read through their translations. They are complaining about the language barrier of a person who is employed to translate into English, which is a perfectly fair point to make, especially on such a large TNC (Trans-national company) that ships thousands of products worldwide, including a very significant number to English-speaking countries.

And no, I don't want to start a debate on this.

If you don't want a debate, you should not have commented. Complaining about someone's grasp of a second language is absolutely racism. To them its correct, its not for us to say its wrong. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

If you don't want a debate, you should not have commented. Complaining about someone's grasp of a second language is absolutely racism. To them its correct, its not for us to say its wrong. 

it isn't racism, and he has a very good point.

The message could have been fixed easily by asking someone who spoke English Fluently, and they would have noticed the grammar.

Again, giant company can take a tiny portion of their budget for at least ONE English speaking person in every building, (i know they employ English speaking call centers, the company i work at has English speaking contacts not some Hindu call center) to spell and grammar check something before they ship it to a large amount of people.

Its that simple. Laziness and negligence on their part.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Isn't it something to do with them being Taiwanese, I assume the translation is often shabby.

Don't quote me on that.

You can't tell me what not to do!

Oh yeah, GPU tweak when minimized "Your graphics card is being monitor"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Oh yeah, GPU tweak when minimized "Your graphics card is being monitor"

:')

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

It's a translation issue. I honestly don't care. Asus rocks.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

I don't give a damn lol Asus products are awesome

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who cares. They make the best motherboards I don't care about spelling as long as the product is good

Asus is awesome, and you can't call them out for something as petty as that, especially when most people (the filthy casuals) don't even know what a BIOS is, let alone update it.

You're forgetting that most of these computer component manufacturers are very much not from the US. You're going to have to expect at least a few translation errors. My H20 BIOS has some typos and errors in it, which is fine. As long as it keeps my power consumption to a minimum and makes the laptop wake when I press the keyboard, as far as I'm concerned it's perfect.

Didn't know people care about the translation thought everyone cared about the products :P

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Meh Asus makes great products, its not like you can't understand what it's saying. :P

Yo mate, it's not racist lol... They are obligated to translate things and translate things correctly because their product is to be shipped to a foreign market, its basic business practice. 

And the message in Chinese can be translated to English just fine! This isn't something hard to translate, I can assure you.. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I used to have a lg phone that said "Airplane mode now activate" when i turned on airplane mode. It can happen to any company  that is not based in a primarily English speaking country. Still is a bit funny though

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz