did you read what I said?

Yea. Edit it and color the text

Just now, D2ultima said:

You clearly did not read what I said.

Still, I couldn't read it because it hurts my eyes

2 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Still, I couldn't read it because it hurts my eyes

On 2/6/2017 at 11:33 AM, D2ultima said:

I... have. The text is on "automatic" colour. Literally any non-coloured text is on "automatic" colour. The forum broke when they updated to IPB 4.

I would need to completely start a new post and write the entire guide from scratch if I wanted to make it properly work with Dark Theme.

And I DO mean "write the guide from scratch". I can't copy. I've wiped this guide entirely and "copied" from a tab already. It still breaks. I can't even do nested spoilers anymore. Hell, look at my last edit reason on the main post.

Here, is that easier for you to read?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

• 2 weeks later...

if any one can help me with this that would be great :) 

Hi i have an SLI Krait edition motherboard with an amd fx 6300 at 4.1ghz what graphics card should i get and in what price range, where when im video editing it will be seamless and let me work flawlessly with price to performance in mind, also my budget this year for a card will be around 300-400 because im upgrading my set up to a gaming and editing station at the end of this year 

6 minutes ago, akaDougyy said:

if any one can help me with this that would be great :) 

Hi i have an SLI Krait edition motherboard with an amd fx 6300 at 4.1ghz what graphics card should i get and in what price range, where when im video editing it will be seamless and let me work flawlessly with price to performance in mind

CPU problem, and I don't understand why you are asking this in this thread.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just now, D2ultima said:

CPU problem, and I don't understand why you are asking this in this thread.

no i have a good cpu and this was the graphics card section and im new to this site....... someone please help me 

1 hour ago, akaDougyy said:

no i have a good cpu

No, no you do not.

1 hour ago, akaDougyy said:

this was the graphics card section and im new to this site....... someone please help me 

Then make a new thread. However it's still a CPU & RAM problem to work in video editing programs.

• 2 months later...

Do you think that a gtx 1050 ti 2gb is capable of playing AAA titles like BF1 on ultra at 30-60fps?

11 minutes ago, RatGaming said:

Do you think that a gtx 1050 ti 2gb is capable of playing AAA titles like BF1 on ultra at 30-60fps?

No, 2GB vRAM isn't enough to run BF1 on ultra. I think it can handle 30fps, though.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Average Dell User said:

Is 1 gig of GDDR5 better than 2 gigs of DDR3

Yes.

• 4 months later...

I've been meaning to create an account for a while and just did it finally to share my experience upgrading from 2GB VRAM to 6GB VRAM. I had a GTX 950 and got a GTX 1060 6GB. I have an i7-3770 and 16GB system RAM in an HP Z220 workstation. 

The one game where there is a big difference is Playerunknown Battlegrounds. On the 2GB card the game of course maxed out the VRAM, and used about 8GB system RAM. With the 6GB card it uses 4.5GB of VRAM and uses 5GB of system RAM. So it seems that if VRAM isn't available, games are smart enough to put additional textures in system RAM.

My framerates went from 30-50 to 45-70.

If there is a way to cap the available VRAM I would like to try logging stats with different settings. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, thejackalope said:

I've been meaning to create an account for a while and just did it finally to share my experience upgrading from 2GB VRAM to 6GB VRAM. I had a GTX 950 and got a GTX 1060 6GB. I have an i7-3770 and 16GB system RAM in an HP Z220 workstation. 

The one game where there is a big difference is Playerunknown Battlegrounds. On the 2GB card the game of course maxed out the VRAM, and used about 8GB system RAM. With the 6GB card it uses 4.5GB of VRAM and uses 5GB of system RAM. So it seems that if VRAM isn't available, games are smart enough to put additional textures in system RAM.

My framerates went from 30-50 to 45-70.

If there is a way to cap the available VRAM I would like to try logging stats with different settings. 

The system RAM usage probably is using sRAM as a kind of cache but a 1060 is significantly stronger than a 960 so you can't compare FPS like that. A better comparison would be a 960 2GB versus a 960 4GB.

And no, I don't know of a way to cap vRAM

9 hours ago, D2ultima said:

The system RAM usage probably is using sRAM as a kind of cache but a 1060 is significantly stronger than a 960 so you can't compare FPS like that. A better comparison would be a 960 2GB versus a 960 4GB.

And no, I don't know of a way to cap vRAM

Yep the only valid comparison is VRAM usage, and the only way to see the impact of VRAM<->RAM swapping would be to cap the usage. You would have to pay close attention to stutters

• 3 weeks later...

my fucking eyes are blinded by the awful font colours, how the fuck

On 12/6/2017 at 6:48 AM, SC2Mitch said:

my fucking eyes are blinded by the awful font colours, how the fuck

Can't fix, this was a post before the forum went to IPB v4. I have copied, without formatting, the entire thing over and then re-added automatic colour etc, and it still breaks.

• 3 months later...

Dude, we just need a fast computer, nothing else, a common man who spend time on facebook, will never spend that much time to know about ram and cpu :D

• 4 months later...

I'm a bit behind all this stuff lately and wanna know how is situation nowdays about modern games. Do they use more vram now for example more than 5gb? I have GTX 1070 which has 8GB vram and want to know if there are any games that can benefit from 8gb vram and use that amount of vram or they still use 2-3gb?

On 15/08/2018 at 10:12 AM, J.b091 said:

I'm a bit behind all this stuff lately and wanna know how is situation nowdays about modern games. Do they use more vram now for example more than 5gb? I have GTX 1070 which has 8GB vram and want to know if there are any games that can benefit from 8gb vram and use that amount of vram or they still use 2-3gb?

Almost every AAA title uses a lot of vRAM these days. 6GB is now the comfortable amount I recommend, with 4GB being a literal bare minimum.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, J.b091 said:

I think we will start to see 8GB+ VRAM become the norm for most high-end solutions. If you're below 4k resolution, you probably will not break 6GB. Get into 4k, though, and you might start brushing up against the 8GB mark.

Running a 1080Ti on a 1440P monitor, I have yet to see it break 6GB VRAM on any title.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

11 hours ago, MadPistol said:

I think we will start to see 8GB+ VRAM become the norm for most high-end solutions. If you're below 4k resolution, you probably will not break 6GB. Get into 4k, though, and you might start brushing up against the 8GB mark.

Running a 1080Ti on a 1440P monitor, I have yet to see it break 6GB VRAM on any title.

it's real easy to cross that vRAM threshold. Disable texture streaming in Killing Floor 2. Instant 7GB+ vRAM usage at 1080p.

Resolution isn't the primary vRAM killer. Shadowmap resolution and texture resolution are the primary sources. Toss high res 4096x4096 or even 8192x8192 textures on everything in a game and see vRAM climb to the sky, even at low resolutions. Run a game at 16k and use a bunch of 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures and you'll probably see less vRAM usage than the game at 1080p with 4096x4096 or 8192x8192 textures all around.