vfAXr6z.png

Week 14 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

One Week Friends
Current

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Adorable slice of life about a girl who forgets her happy memories every week but remembers her sad ones and a boy who just wants to be her friend. Right in the feels. We should watch it because feels."

Kaori Fujimiya is always alone because all of her happy memories, including time spent with her friends, disappear every Monday. Deciding that he wants to be friends with her anyway, Yuuki Hase tries to get close to Kaori each week, wishing that she would one day call him "a friend."
Read more at MAL

ZtISFHI.jpg

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Humanity Has Declined
Recent

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "A sort of slice of life/post apocalyptic type of anime with comedy. It's the fairies that I love. Kawaii is king for me. :3 It asks a lot of philosophical questions about humans though, which I also enjoyed on top of the mix of both light-hearted & dark (sometimes very dark) humor."

It has been several centuries since human population has declined. Food has become harder to find and what little sources the humans have are considered highly valuable. The most prosperous species on the Earth are "Fairies", 10 cm tall creatures with high intelligence and a great love for sweets. A nameless girl, the main character, became a UN arbitrator between the humans and the fairies and had returned to her hometown to help her grandfather. One day, the village is sent some strange products made by a company called FairyCo. Since the villagers are wary of using the products, the girl, her grandfather, and a nameless boy decide to go to the factory to find out about the mysterious products and who is behind making them.
-from ANN

0IhBJts.jpg

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Darker Than Black
Post-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Action, seinen, sci-fi/fantasy. One of my top 5. Great action, great pacing, great characters, great plot, and a killer soundtrack by Yoko Kanno. Just skip the second season - it takes everything that was good about the first and grinds it into the dirt. Available on Netflix."

In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate..
-from ANN

V8TpF0O.jpg

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Ouran High School Host Club
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Comedy, shojo. Hands down the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life. Available on Netflix, and do yourself a favor and watch the dub."

Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth. Haruhi, being average almost to a fault, doesn't know what to make of the unconventional activities of the Host Club (or of the even more unconventional members), but having little choice, she plays along. Before long, real bonds are formed, friends made, and Haruhi finds herself accepted in a way she could never have been otherwise in this affluent school.
-from ANN

8TNj55Q.jpg

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Random

This was suggested by @RainColt saying "This is not your average magic school girl anime, in fact it's hard to classify it and it's something that I really shouldn't like but this is my guilty pleasure and you might get a kick out of how crude this show is."

Panty and Stocking—the Anarchy Sisters—are two nasty-ass angels who got booted from the pearly gates for being foul-mouthed bitches! Now they spend their nights blowing up ghosts in the seedy abyss between Heaven and Earth. Panty likes sex, Stocking likes sweets, their afro-sporting main man Garter Belt has a fetish we can't mention. Together, they're turning the mean streets of Daten City into a buffet of bodily fluids. Ghosts don't stand a chance against their lingerie of mass destruction, and if this debaucherous duo can collect enough Heaven Coins, they just might get their halos back. It's a slim chance in hell, but anything can happen when you're rolling commando, especially with Panty and Stocking!
Read more at MAL

47DbsX6.jpg

ANN | AniDB | MAL | IMDb

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Oh..look it's the Heaven society LTT club :o Watched both the Isshuukan Friends & Darker than Black. Very surprised that ao haru ride, tokyo ghoul, rail wars & Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita aren't on that list even though they're 7 episodes in. Though I'm no member Dark than Black ia pretty good anime to have an interesting conversation about. 

No Kill La Kill T___________________T

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

This is kind of random but can anyone here recommend Black Lagoon? It's been a few years since I've watched anime and I'm getting back into it, just watched the Evangelion movies with the edited ending and now I'm watching the Evangelion Rebuild movies which is a retelling of the story with more scenes and an alternate ending. I've heard good things about Black Lagoon and it is currently next on my watch list.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Oh..look it's the Heaven society LTT club :o Watched both the Isshuukan Friends & Darker than Black. Very surprised that ao haru ride, tokyo ghoul, rail wars & Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita aren't on that list even though they're 7 episodes in. Though I'm no member Dark than Black ia pretty good anime to have an interesting conversation about. 

No Kill La Kill T___________________T

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from this thread roughly following in the order suggested for each category unless there seems to be a conflict. Feel free to make some suggestions if you would like to.

I have high expectations for this week. I dont think theres one that suites my taste.. ill go with Ouran High School club just because of the synopsis. Last week Spice and Wolf had been a blast! Since im bad at allocating times im only up to 5 Episodes.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

darker than black, currently watching it and i love it. takes a while to get into but its awesome 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

This is kind of random but can anyone here recommend Black Lagoon? It's been a few years since I've watched anime and I'm getting back into it, just watched the Evangelion movies with the edited ending and now I'm watching the Evangelion Rebuild movies which is a retelling of the story with more scenes and an alternate ending. I've heard good things about Black Lagoon and it is currently next on my watch list.

you can just head over to the suggestion thread http://goo.gl/Spg0bD

Its between "one week friends" and "humanity has declined" for me

I started one week friends the other week I believe but baccano and bebop took precedence.

I have high expectations for this week. I dont think theres one that suites my taste.. ill go with Ouran High School club just because of the synopsis. Last week Spice and Wolf had been a blast! Since im bad at allocating times im only up to 5 Episodes.

Ouran is a reverse harem and its done pretty well if that helps at all.

Ouran is a reverse harem and its done pretty well if that helps at all.

My taste is different than you all :\ im also currently watching Love Stage now. DONT JUDGE ME. Oh and sadly Netflix isnt available for my country so ill stick with Subs

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

My taste is different than you all :\ im also currently watching Love Stage now. DONT JUDGE ME. Oh and sadly Netflix isnt available for my country so ill stick with Subs

he isn't judging you just trying to give you more information lol and most subs are better then dubs anyways

Oh wow its been a week already.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

he isn't judging you just trying to give you more information lol and most subs are better then dubs anyways

Dubs.. for me. its just that feeling of not right.. like something is out of place, in this case an original voice.

IKR, Time runs so fast

Side Note: An episode into Ouran High, its kinda like a subtle trap

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

just curious but like weren't half these poll options in the last poll? Also what's with the Recent/Current/pre-post 07 denominations?

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

IKR, Time runs so fast

ya it goes fast when it is really done when it should be unlike randomly deciding it is about time to make a new poll. Not all weeks in this club have even close to a week  lol

Oh god this is a hard one humanity had declined sounds super interesting but one week friends sounds absolutely incredible what to pick?

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

just curious but like weren't half these poll options in the last poll? Also what's with the Recent/Current/pre-post 07 denominations?

no none of the anime in this weeks poll have were in last weeks poll and in fact none of them have been in any of the 13 polls before this one.

What the denotations are about is trying to create a wider exposure to different time periods of anime so the suggestions that have come in have been split up into different categories. Current would be the current season and 2 back,

Recent 2 years back, Post-2007 is because around 2007 there was a large change in how anime seemed to be produced, Pre-2007 is kind of self explanatory at this point, there is also Random which is chosen from the full list of suggestions regardless of the category using a random number generator

this is just the way we have been doing it in the last 3 weeks since @TheProfosist and I started running the poll threads.

no none of the anime in this weeks poll have were in last weeks poll and in fact none of them have been in any of the 13 polls before this one.

What the denotations are about is trying to create a wider exposure to different time periods of anime so the suggestions that have come in have been split up into different categories. Current would be the current season and 2 back,

Recent 2 years back, Post-2007 is because around 2007 there was a large change in how anime seemed to be produced, Pre-2007 is kind of self explanatory at this point, there is also Random which is chosen from the full list of suggestions regardless of the category using a random number generator

Thanks for answering that @Charger as I was about to. The other thing is when selecting I do try to pick different genre's while deviating from the lists as little as possible.

this is just the way we have been doing it in the last 3 weeks since @TheProfosist and I started running the poll threads.

I think its been working well so far for the most part. the weakest link is probably me...

Think you could add a link in the OP at the bottom that links to your post in the suggestions thread? The reason I say this is that I have a feeling that people have trouble finding that thread.

I think its been working well so far for the most part. the weakest link is probably me...

Think you could add a link in the OP at the bottom that links to your post in the suggestions thread? The reason I say this is that I have a feeling that people have trouble finding that thread.

I'm lazy right now so i hope that will work if not let me know and i will actually try to do something better lol

Ah, I haven't even finished Spice and Wolf yet. My backlog of anime is getting bigger and bigger ): 

You're not the only one with big list of anime to watch

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I'm lazy right now so i hope that will work if not let me know and i will actually try to do something better lol

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

What do you think of that ^ ???

You're not the only one with big list of anime to watch

Mines so big I dont bother to keep a list. The only lists I have are of what im currently watching and what I would like to buy.

What do you think of that ^ ???

done