Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've become sick of gaming on my old rig at low and medium settings, and I want to be able to push games hard and do some editing and streaming style stuff. I have 3,000 $AUD to spend on this rig, and I want to make sure that money isn't wasted. The games that I play are stuff like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, ARMA 3, generally demanding and very pretty games. I'm Located in Queensland, Australia, and the best source of PC parts for me is https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php. Here's the parts list, and thanks for any advice! (I have an OS already, and I don't want to do open loop water cooling.) And don't worry, I have experience building and friends who can help if I get stuck.

Intel i7 3770k 

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II Overclocked

MSI Z77A-GD65 Mobo

Corsair Vengence CMZ16GX3M2A 16GB (2x8) RAM

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 

Intel 330 Series 60GB SSD

Corsair Hydro Series H110 280MM CPU cooler (Push/Pull)

Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85-P

Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm Fan (x8)

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl

ASUS ROG Vulcan PRO Headset (Noise cancellation) 

ASUS VG278H 27in Widescreen 3D Monitor (I've tried 3D, soooo good.)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Razer Deathadder 2013 Gaming Mouse 

Bitfenix Sleeved Molex to 3x3pin 7V Power cable (x3)

Thanks! :)  

Sorry if this post was idiotic  ;)

What do you edit with? Doing any hardcore rendering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Get a 120gb ssd and h100i wait for haswell and get a 780

Yep, pretty much this. 

Yep, pretty much this. 

agreed

This^^^

Also, you could probably just go with the mid-atx version of that case.

As for the ssd, go with the samsung 840 120gb or (considering your budget), 250gb.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Um - sorry but I disagree with most of the above. Why a H100i over a H110? The H110 performs better. Also - the 780 may be a lovely price for the rest of the world but it's an $850 graphics card. May as well just get a Titan. 

Why so many fans?

Um - sorry but I disagree with most of the above. Why a H100i over a H110? The H110 performs better. Also - the 780 may be a lovely price for the rest of the world but it's an $850 graphics card. May as well just get a Titan. 

Why so many fans?

Cause H100i is overkill

Cause H100i is overkill

I'd say just get a Noctua NH-D14.

Why not party like its 2011?

i7-3820                                   310

h220                                       150

Gigabyte x79-up4                   250

vengance 4x4                         150

samsung 840 250gb               190

WD blue 1tb                            70

asus 680                                 580

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/105ih

For whatever reason it wouldn't show the 110i, or the case. But for these components its just under $1700. And if you find you need more GPU power later you can always sell the 680 and buy the 780 once the price adjusts. Which probably won't be for a while.

I7-950 @3.06ghz GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R 3X2gb CORSAIR XMS3 @ 2000MHZ GIGABYTE 7950 CORSAIR HX1000 PSU SANDISK SSD WD 1TB BLACK CORSAIR 600T

I5-750 @ 3.5ghz MSI P55A-GD65 NO DEDICATED RAM YET 2X XFX 5770 OCZ FATAL1TY 1000WATT PSU CORSAIR SSD BITFENIX OUTLAW

I5-760 GIGABYTE P55A-UD4p 4x2gb GSKILL @ 1600   Possible Hackintosh