Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

I like the looks of the Xbox One, but I will not be getting one, I will be sticking with my PC's and my PC builds.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The Xbox One looks ok. But with the online required to get better performance and play games I will not be getting it. Going to build a PC instead.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This. 

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

Way better then the PS4 "reveal"  

Showed the console and not just the controller

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

The Xbox One looks ok. But with the online required to get better performance and play games I will not be getting it. Going to build a PC instead.

So you don't have internet provided 24/7

I don't know why people are complaining that it need's internet to work, come on who doesn't have internet.  People on the INTERNET complain that they need to be connected to the INTERNET on the Xbox One.

Its quite interesting actually, People seem to be waiting for E3 before they actually pass Judgement. I'm personally a little confused, It seemed that everyone hated it. But it appears that like me people were just upset/annoyed or confused. It will be interesting to see a follow up poll after E3. 

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I vote 5 TV experiences out of 5.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

i love how console fanatics go nuts over these reveals and fail to realize that PC's have been doing everything the new consoles do for years.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Way better then the PS4 "reveal"  

Showed the console and not just the controller

So you don't have internet provided 24/7

I don't know why people are complaining that it need's internet to work, come on who doesn't have internet.  People on the INTERNET complain that they need to be connected to the INTERNET on the Xbox One.

PS4 reveal event showed games, xbox one reveal was in ten words " tv tv tv music tv games tv games tv".

And no, not every one lives in countries that have higher internet standards.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

As a gamer I don't generally care what platform it's on (though I love PC's) but I really like it, I haven't gone too far with it but I might get one but we'll see, my desktop still needs a few items.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

As a gamer I don't generally care what platform it's on (though I love PC's) but I really like it, I haven't gone too far with it but I might get one but we'll see, my desktop still needs a few items.

Do you need a water cooler :) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlaaRWss1OU

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Do you need a water cooler :) ?

I don't need one but I would like one for the hell of it :) and I'm having trouble loading videos up so you might need to tell me what that is, damn ISP

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I've never had an Xbox, I've always been PS and PC but the Xbox One looks alright, I'd never get one though.  

Did anyone else notice that the URL on the Official Xbox One Reveal Highlights video on YouTube ends in ps4? :P 

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

PS4 reveal event showed games, xbox one reveal was in ten words " tv tv tv music tv games tv games tv".

And no, not every one lives in countries that have higher internet standards.

If you don't have internet it's simple do not purchase it but if you do have internet don't complain

If you don't have internet it's simple do not purchase it but if you do have internet don't complain

Firstly you are dependant on your ISP, and then you are also dependent on Xbox servers..... they wont be on 100% of the time.

Perfect failure:) "tv, tv, tv, television, sports, tv, tv cod, tv, tv, tv, dog, tv, tv, tv, Skype, tv, tv, tv, tv..."

Perfect failure:) "tv, tv, tv, television, sports, tv, tv cod, tv, tv, tv, dog, tv, tv, tv, Skype, tv, tv, tv, tv..."

Is that your day planned right there?

I think it was good. For some reason everyone thinks these conferences are suppose to be about showing everything the console has to offer, when it isn't. They showed the controller, they showed the console design, they released some specifications; so what else do you need? Obviously they won't show every release title or game that is coming out exclusively, that's what E3 is for. It's a console and obviously it will have games just like this generation has had, there won't be anything different except developers have better hardware to work with; they needed to show new features and not stuff that people already expect.

I also think the television integration is a great idea. There are a lot of people who don't even play video games, or people like me who play on PC that will buy it specifically for media use.

Firstly you are dependant on your ISP, and then you are also dependent on Xbox servers..... they wont be on 100% of the time.

It's the future, they don't want the old.

I think it was good. For some reason everyone thinks these conferences are suppose to be about showing everything the console has to offer, when it isn't. They showed the controller, they showed the console design, they released some specifications; so what else do you need? Obviously they won't show every release title or game that is coming out exclusively, that's what E3 is for. It's a console and obviously it will have games just like this generation has had, there won't be anything different except developers have better hardware to work with; they needed to show new features and not stuff that people already expect.

I also think the television integration is a great idea. There are a lot of people who don't even play video games, or people like me who play on PC that will buy it specifically for media use.

Exactly how I think, I think the PS4 event was bad.  Hey here is the controller and some games.  MS changed the thought of it and brought in a lot of entertainment, tv, tv, tv, television, sports, tv, tv cod, tv, tv, tv, dog, tv, tv, tv, Skype, tv, tv, tv, tv  new things we already know it plays games so why should they talk so much  about it

People say they'll focus on games more in the future, but the fact of the matter is I didn't see anything that appealed to me.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)