Streacom F1C EVO build log. [Haswell upgrade - Build finished]

FreyrGauti

Well I've wanted to change my HTPC case for a while now and used my birthday as an excuse to go for it.

The case is a Streacom F1C EVO, Wesena makes them for Streacom and also sell them under their on name, or they used to.
What I ordered was the case, a 150w pico psu and remote set with the internar sensor.

Hardware is a Asus E35M1-I Deluxe motherboard with an onboard APU, 2x2GB Mushkin memory, 40GB Muskin Deluxe SSD and in the end a Corsair AF120 QE.

I really should have ordered a short sata cable and a 40mm fan also to move air through the case since after running it for an hour completely fanless temps where up to 70° on CPU and 80° on GPU, celcius.

The Corsair fan manages to keep temps within a resonable range while watching 1080p movies in XBMC but it isn't pulling in fresh air so temps remain a bit high.

I plan to upgrade to Haswell when it launches and probably use the Noctua NH-L9i cooler, I'll also buy a 40mm case fan after the weekend, hopefully temps will drop when I get airflow through the case.

Picture time...
IMG_0483_1280_zps159d4360.jpg

IMG_0487_1280_zps0252b67a.jpg

IMG_0488_1280_zpsdd67f631.jpg

IMG_0489_1280_zpscecd5ed9.jpg

IMG_0490_1280_zps348630aa.jpg

IMG_0491_1280_zps90fb9565.jpg

IMG_0492_1280_zpsec82cb9f.jpg

IMG_0493_1280_zpsa1e2f575.jpg

IMG_0494_1280_zps77c9397c.jpg

All bags marked.

IMG_0495_1280_zps6e154076.jpg

The rare problem when the screwdriver doesn't fit in your case...

IMG_0496_1280_zpsd75b07d7.jpg

IMG_0497_1280_zpsd4a475b1.jpg
So pretty!

IMG_0498_1280_zps7efda593.jpg

IMG_0499_1280_zps7b0a3ccd.jpg
Not so pretty anymore...

IMG_0503_1280_zpsd1d44c5e.jpg

A litle bit of a size difference between this case and the Antec Fusion Remote that used to be there...

The case is amazingly well constructed, quite happy with the purchase.

I must say that this motherboard combo really doesn't work in such a small case, I will test it with only a 40mm case fan when I get one but I don't have high hopes.

I've seen threads where people are running i7's in this case with the noctua heatsink and a 40mm case fan and get quite acceptable temps.

The build is really messy right now but I'll be able to cleen it up alot when I move to Haswell, then I'll also be able to install a slim bluray drive.

So...what do you think?

Looks cool. I'm really keen on building a HTPC for me and my parents in the future. Decent job on the cable managment as well!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

That's an amazing case, very simple, elegant and small. You probably could build a PC which puts the next gen consoles to shame in that :lol:.

Yes I'm really happy with the case, such a high build quality!

I borrowed a 60mm fan from work and installed it, took out the 120mm fan. With the 60mm fan running at 1200-1500rpm, runs at 4500rpm at 12v, it's keeping the CPU and GPU at a resonable temp.

I should be getting my Scythe Mini Kaze tomorrow, 40mm, it's a much higher quality fan than the one I got from work so I should be able to run it at stock RPM without hearing it.

i like is nice and small :P nice job looks awesome.

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

i like is nice and small :P nice job looks awesome.

Thx :)

Small update, got my Scythe Mini Kaze 40mm fan, amazing how quiet it is at 12v!

Now the build is a bit cleaner then with the Corsair fan in it...next update will be Haswell :D

IMG_05061_zps634e36c8.jpg

IMG_05121_zps41044115.jpg

Nice build. I like the case. Sadly I didn't get one though because I wanted a discrete graphics card. But looks great as a htpc.

OnePlus 6T

• 1 month later...

So now it's finally time for the Haswell update, pics arn't that special since I used my HTC OneS.

IMAG0096_BURST002_1280_zps5278b7dc.jpg

IMAG0098_BURST004_1280_zpscd3a9fee.jpg

IMAG0100_BURST003_1280_zpsba22c20e.jpg

IMAG0101_BURST005_1280_zps203cc461.jpg

IMAG0102_BURST002_1280_zpsa60e71b7.jpg

So, specs are: Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI, Intel Core i5 4670T, 8GB Mushkin 1600Mhz Blackline, Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD, Sony Optiarc BluRay Drive, Gelid Slim Silence i-plus CPU cooler and a Scythe Mini Kaze 40mm exhaust fan.

I've downclocked the CPU to 2Ghz and turned of turbo, temps are around 40° idle and 60° after watching HD material in XBMC for several hours.

I'm very happy with the upgrade, it's total overkill ofcourse but that's part of the fun. The old hardware was stuttering when running heavier skins in XBMC.

If I was to make any changes I would take the Streacom F7C Evo since it's a bit larger and has space for the Noctua NH-L7i and a 80mm exhaust fan, then the SSD wouldn't have to be almost touching the PSU and I could have not downclocked the CPU, since it was reaching around 80° before I downclocked.

This build is now finished, I might open the case again to take better pics and try to clean up the cables.

Any comments appriciated.

Looks like a fun build, makes me want to do one even though I don't watch media that way. lol.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Neat mate, I'm assuming a nas for mass storage yeah?

Always love to see small htpc rigs like this :)

Not a nas but a "server" with 9,5 TB of storage.

Thank for the possitive comments, it's quite fun to build such a small machine. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I really like these full aluminium htpc cases and am interested in building one soon. My question is about the pico power supply, if the case had room would you be able to have another ssd or maybe a 2.5" hdd or is there only enough connectors for 1 ssd and slim optical drive?

I really like these full aluminium htpc cases and am interested in building one soon. My question is about the pico power supply, if the case had room would you be able to have another ssd or maybe a 2.5" hdd or is there only enough connectors for 1 ssd and slim optical drive?

With the cooling I have I could acctually mount two 2.5" drives on the bottom of the optical drive cage, it would be very close to the cpu cooler but since it has open sides I don't think it would restrict the airflow to much.

Edit: Sorry, read your post to fast, yes I could power two hdd's/ssd's and a optical drive of it, mabey even three hdd's/ssd's if I got a splitter cable.

Most 2.5" drives today are designed to be low power so I think the 150w PSU should manage this.

• 3 years later...

I'm also building a new Mini ITX PC and am also considering the Streacom FC1 case with the optical drive. My big question is this...... is there enough room on the left of the case to fit a low profile PCIe SSD ?. In addition to this, is it possible to install 2 sata ssd's together with the optical drive.

If you could help me with this, ide be really grateful.

Thanks

Rob