Heaven Society - Week 13 (Spice and Wolf)

Fred Castellum

vfAXr6z.png

This Weeks Anime!

Spice and Wolf!

gDGGe6H.jpg

Synopsis

The peddler Kraft Lawrence travels through the world selling all kinds of things. After visiting a village, he discovers a sleeping girl under the pelts in his cart. She has wolf ears and a tail. The wolf girl explains that she has been called a "god," but that her name is Holo and nothing more. Lawrence teases the girl a little, but after hearing more of her story, he is moved and decides to accompany her further north. On their travels the two have many adventures, often getting into trouble, but the bond between them grows stronger.

My Opinion

One of my favorite series right up there next to Hyouka~! This anime is a serious yet funny romantic story with a dabble of economics, it's not a cute girls doing cute things anime that you can easily find now-a-days. The story is splendid and I hold it in high praise, this series will always have a special place in my heart.

To Kick off Discussion

How has anime affected your life?

Links to Watch

Funimation

Synopsis Credit

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy

6FtqsZ2.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just a heads up the series has a 2nd season and OVAs. 

If you like the series I suggest you read the light novels. There are 17 books in total, season 1 and 2 cover books 1 - 6(excluding 4 which is a story on its own. 

I have info on where you can get books 6 - 17 since I may or may not have had a hand in the translation of the books. I highly suggest you purchase the books already released in English by Yen Press if you really like the series and want to read it. 

CUN0BMi.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

you must have a lot to say about this anime lol

did you ever do your write up on Hyouka? lol

I think that's like asking me did you ever finish that mouse review.

So it's Spice and Wolf huh... About time I rewatched it... Hopefully I can finish it within the week... Classes and all the currently airing series and all...

you must have a lot to say about this anime lol

did you ever do your write up on Hyouka? lol

Hehe I'll finished that up within the week.

EDIT: Well Spice and Wolf is a series that's made a significant impact on my life. 

Hehe I'll finished that up within the week.

EDIT: Well Spice and Wolf is a series that's made a significant impact on my life. 

if the first part was about Hyouka it has only been 8 weeks since you said you would write it so i don't see another week causing any problems 

if the first part was about Hyouka it has only been 8 weeks since you said you would write it so i don't see another week causing any problems 

Hahaha The thing is what I've gotten written down just doesn't do it justice. I'll get it eventually.

Ooh, this lovely piece, I'll just let Fred do the review and copy it. I

if his Hyouka review is any indication it will take a few months before you can read or copy it... 

Beating a dead horse seems to be what i do best

if his Hyouka review is any indication it will take a few months before you can read or copy it... 

Beating a dead horse seems to be what i do best

No no Spice and Wolfs review won't take me long, I've done a review on it before. Just need to dig it up and copy paste.

6FtqsZ2.png

Spice and wolf is great but I wish the anime would have kept going to finish what the light novels had :/

I haven't read the light novels yet.. or rather any light novels.. I don't really have a good way to read e-books as I don't have a tablet right now and reading on a computer would be weird for me imo. 

SO I'll copy a copied copy. Nice!

I still wrote it soooooo lol

Spice and wolf is great but I wish the anime would have kept going to finish what the light novels had :/

I haven't read the light novels yet.. or rather any light novels.. I don't really have a good way to read e-books as I don't have a tablet right now and reading on a computer would be weird for me imo. 

That didn't stop me from reading em, heck I went to great lengths along with a small group of people for the sake of reading em. 

You could always buy the official English translations by Yen Press or just read em at Barnes and Nobles. 

Someone please remind me to watch this in 5 years when I'm out of college and have the time.

Someone please remind me to watch this in 5 years when I'm out of college and have the time.

Good luck getting someone to remember something for you with a 5 year time span.... 

that is what i always see people do with manga at barnes and noble it makes me think they don't really sell them there lol

Gotta love Barnes and Nobles hahaha

I read up on Stock Trading a economics when I was learning how to do my current job. I musta went through half the whole finance section.... 

WmgrND3.gif

my favorite part is when Horo slaughters the entire village and MC almost dies.

too bad he died in the end

Error: 410

Good luck getting someone to remember something for you with a 5 year time span.... 

Gotta love Barnes and Nobles hahaha

I read up on Stock Trading a economics when I was learning how to do my current job. I musta went through half the whole finance section.... 

WmgrND3.gif

its a book store not a library!

The first episode did not hook me and the English dub is pretty bad, and the second episode is just as hit and miss as the first, I really hope it picks up.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

its a book store not a library!

That's too bad :P

cXBuso6.jpg

The first episode did not hook me and the English dub is pretty bad, and the second episode is just as hit and miss as the first, I really hope it picks up.

It does, it starts off a bit slow gets better later. 

cXBuso6.jpg

I'm left handed so writing with ink like that seems like a horrible idea lol

what world is this set in that she is writing horizontal seems odd although probably more common nowadays but i seem to always see vertical writing in anime lol

That's too bad :P

cXBuso6.jpg

It does, it starts off a bit slow gets better later. 

I really hope that this isn't a classic that im going to shit on by saying "It was good but not great"

Why do you always die right after I fix you?