Nokia Lumia 1520 worth it?

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

In november it have gone 2 years since I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3. After those 2 years I am able to change to a new phone for free. 

Camera is the biggest requiment I need to be good. The camera needs to be the best, because I dont have any Digital camera to take photos with. And I am not willing to get any bulky digital camera, The phone is my camera.

"Why Nokia"?

Because they got the best cameras.

So is the Lumia 1520 still worth it? or will there be something better in the future? End of this year maybe?

Tell me your recommendations and opinions.

/ViruZ

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well it depends, if you're one of those people who just download every app they see you might be dissapointed.

But if not I would recommend it.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Hi!

In november it have gone 2 years since I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3. After those 2 years I am able to change to a new phone for free. 

Camera is the biggest requiment I need to be good. The camera needs to be the best, because I dont have any Digital camera to take photos with. And I am not willing to get any bulky digital camera, The phone is my camera.

"Why Nokia"?

Because they got the best cameras.

So is the Lumia 1520 still worth it? or will there be something better in the future? End of this year maybe?

Tell me your recommendations and opinions.

/ViruZ

Would not get it, had a friend who had it for 3 weeks before it broke from a 0.5 metre fall. 

Although, I would suggest the earlier Nokias, double up as knife.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

If you don't mind the smaller (5") screen, than I think you should choose the Lumia 930 instead. The camera is basically the same, but the 930 records way better audio, if you want to make some videos now and then. The successor of the 1020 will presumably be coming out later this year though, so if you want the absolute best camera, you could wait for that.

Melyik szolgáltatónál vagy amúgy?

Would not get it, had a friend who had it for 3 weeks before it broke from a 0.5 metre fall. 

Although, I would suggest the earlier Nokias, double up as knife.

I never drop my phone and I will buy cover on it anyways.....

I am carefull with my phones. My S3 dont got a single scrach after 2 years of use. I am using Leader skin cover:P

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If you don't mind the smaller (5") screen, than I think you should choose the Lumia 930 instead. The camera is basically the same, but the 930 records way better audio, if you want to make some videos now and then. The successor of the 1020 will presumably be coming out later this year though, so if you want the absolute best camera, you could wait for that.

Melyik szolgáltatónál vagy amúgy?

TRE.se is my "operator". 

Btw. I was looking at Lumia 1520 because of the screen too. I want atleast 5 inch screen. I have Samsung galaxz S3. It is around 4.5 ich and it is too small for me:D And that 6inh screen is very attractive.

So will there be any new phone by nokia you say?

@Afterburner

Well it depends, if you're one of those people who just download every app they see you might be dissapointed.

But if not I would recommend it.

What do you mean? I barly download apps. I am attracted to the phone because of the camera. I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1020, It got the best camera but its overall specs sucks, So I moved on from that.

80% of my phone useage is Recording/photoing, Socialmedia and internet search and Calling/speaking.

I suggest you get a simple Android phone like the Moto G and save up for an actual camera if that's important for you.

Because smartphone cameras generally suck balls.

ohh hee no.

Okay let me explain why I don,t want 2 different devices.

a good digital camera is clumsy and harder to reach and startup, I have a digital camera (4 MP) and I dont like it.

A digital camera is bigger and harder to take with you

None can get me to buy an digital camera, I want the phone to be everything I need. Every one have their different opinions

@gFrenken97

I just checked out the MotoG it seems like a complete junk for someone like me. It is a downgrade from the Galaxy S3, no thank u

TRE.se is my "operator". 

Btw. I was looking at Lumia 1520 because of the screen too. I want atleast 5 inch screen. I have Samsung galaxz S3. It is around 4.5 ich and it is too small for me:D And that 6inh screen is very attractive.

So will there be any new phone by nokia you say?

@Afterburner

Yeah, I would say there is a 90% probability that the 1030 will come out this September. There is nothing official announced yet, but a lot of things point toward it happening. For example, the 1020 will reach it's end-of-life status this September, and McLaren, which is a codename for a new Lumia (presumably the 1030) will come out this September.

I don't know about the screen it will have, but it's safe to say that it will have at least a 5 inch display.

Also, I have a Lumia 820, and i've dropped it like 5 times now, once from about 2 meters (i was going up the stairs, it landed on carpet) and there is nothing wrong with it. There aren't even micro scratches on the screen, and it doesn't even have Gorilla Glass. So the build quality of Nokia phones is still awesome .

Edited by Afterburner

Yeah, I would say there is a 90% probability that the 1030 will come out this September. There is nothing official announced yet, but a lot of things point toward it happening. For example, the 1020 will reach it's end-of-life status this September, and McLaren, which is a codename for a new Lumia (presumably the 1030) will come out this September.

I don't know about the screen it will have, but it's safe to say that it will have at least a 5 inch display.

the 1030 will be called 1025.

It will have 6inch display and I heard that it only will have better camera. 25 or 30 MP camera.

the 1030 will be called 1025.

It will have 6inch display and I heard that it only will have better camera. 25 or 30 MP camera.

What's the source? 25 or 30MP camera is unlikely, since both the 909 Pureview and the 1020 had a 41MP sensor. I'm not sure about the naming either.

What's the source? 25 or 30MP camera is unlikely, since both the 909 Pureview and the 1020 had a 41MP sensor. I'm not sure about the naming either.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/9900/20140709/nokia-lumia-1525-with-6-inch-full-hd-display-and-snapdragon-801-coming-to-t-mobile-at-t-and-verizon.htm

I saw that MPs at other source I cannot find. But It do not matter as long as it it above 20 MPs

What do you mean? I barly download apps. I am attracted to the phone because of the camera. I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1020, It got the best camera but its overall specs sucks, So I moved on from that.

80% of my phone useage is Recording/photoing, Socialmedia and internet search and Calling/speaking.

Well I have the 920 which I believe has the same specs and it's far from a sucky phone.

For your usage it should be a good phone. If the camera is good enough.

This is about the 1525 though, not the 1020 (or 1025). :)

wopps. Well the 1020 have a  amazing camera. But I think  I will wait for 1525 and 1020 and will compare them.

Well I have the 920 which I believe has the same specs and it's far from a sucky phone.

For your usage it should be a good phone. If the camera is good enough.

well tat DUAL core CPU is not so promising but that is probably just me..

wopps. Well the 1020 have a  amazing camera. But I think  I will wait for 1525 and 1020 and will compare them.

well tat DUAL core CPU is not so promising but that is probably just me..

Dual core work ok with WP, but as always why not get a quadcore if possible.

Dual core work ok with WP, but as always why not get a quadcore if possible.

yep. I am also looking forward for the 1525 Because that 6 inch screen. Finally some phone which dont fits in my hand, lol. srsly. 4.5 phone is to small for me:)

Also its 20 plus MP camera is attractive to. Would be nice to upgrade from current 8 pigs which is lacking sometimes.

Well I have Lumia 1520 for about month and a half now, and so far I like it. The battery is amazing. It lasts about a day maybe a bit more with heavy usage. With medium usage it lasts about 2 days for me. Now the camera as you all know is amazing and the 6" screen makes the camera experience even better. As far as rigidity goes, what do you expect....it s a 6" display, of course it s sensitive to drops, every phone with screen this big is very sensitive. About the loudspeaker, for me it produces clear and good enough sound and fairly loud too.  Gaming and every other operations on the phone works flawless without any lagg. And the camera takes pictures a lot quicker than lumia 1020, because of a better hardware. The only downside of this phone for me is that it is a bit too big to put it in a pocket, but this is also an advantage when watching movies etc, so depends on a person that uses a phone. If you re thinking of buying one I say go for it, you wont be diappointed.....if you want a bit smaller one with the same/similar specs I'd say go for lumia 930 (Icon in USA)

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850