Vesper by Maki Role - 3D printed pc - FINISHED! Final pics on page 3 - U/20th August 2014

Maki Role

That looks amazing Maki! Looks very much like the render!

Looks really nice! I particularly like that wood, it adds a lot of depth to the case. The unfinished look might tie in nicely with a build I was thinking about doing next year too so I'm stoked to see this, might have to find a sample to check it out IRL before then :)

If you were planning to do a few of these cases (or just side variants) you could look into silicone moulding the sides, would save a lot on 3D printing ;)

Thanks!  I've certainly considered making a run of these before, would be interesting to see how I might be able to make the process more cost efficient.  For the moment it's a bit out of reach thanks to space constraints, but that may well be changing over the next couple of years so I may well be able to give things a go in the future.

That looks amazing Maki! Looks very much like the render!

Tell you what, that photo's got nothing on the final ones, they're eerily close to the concept images.  Can't wait to see your cube project get underway, if it's made to anything like the same degree of quality as Model 01 then it'll truly be a sight to behold!

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

FINAL UPDATE!

So here we are, the end of a little journey.  Here are the final, finished pictures of Vesper!  The photos were taken using a rather ghetto studio setup consisting of a projector screen hung from a dado rail into a desk and a dewalt torch diffused with tissue paper for additional lighting.  I mean it worked well enough, not ideal though, I am happy with how similar the final photos are to the renders though.

HBpUWE.jpg

wNHLmr.jpg

oB2sru.jpg

imqywK.jpg

fxCI1b.jpg

Obligatory coke can for scale picture, no bananas sorry.

D59GaE.jpg

CAtNgN.jpg

Nnv01K.jpg

Compared with my main rig, this baby is absolutely tiny.  It packs a punch though, been able to throw everything I need at it whilst the whole lot remained cool and silent.

KRiAzy.jpg

I can't wait to join everybody for the closing stages of Loramentum too, received almost all the items I ordered today, so things can really get underway.

Congrats on finishing!

Very nice stuff! And an amazing end result! Very clean and elegant. Simple lines, not to much, not to little.

Very classy stuff! :) 

Congrats on finishing!

Very nice stuff! And an amazing end result! Very clean and elegant. Simple lines, not to much, not to little.

Very classy stuff! :)

Thanks Andreas, it's little bit of a shame that builds not featuring high power components get largely overlooked here.

Nice work!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

OK look man, here's an idea. Why not wrap it in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirror-Chrome-Vinyl-Wrap-Silver-All-Sizes-/200973807896?pt=UK_Wallpaper&var=500192405904&hash=item2ecaf8f118

And then build a plinth to sit it on. However, you could fit the plinth with multiple sets of different coloured LEDs and use that to uplight it..

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

OK look man, here's an idea. Why not wrap it in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirror-Chrome-Vinyl-Wrap-Silver-All-Sizes-/200973807896?pt=UK_Wallpaper&var=500192405904&hash=item2ecaf8f118

And then build a plinth to sit it on. However, you could fit the plinth with multiple sets of different coloured LEDs and use that to uplight it..

Personally I don't think it would suit the build at all, it's just too much going on all at the same time. I the same vein, I wouldn't want any more lighting than there currently is, remember it does sit in the living room and if you have to turn the LEDs off, what's the point in having them? Also, I think even you'd have trouble wrapping this thing in vinyl simply thanks to the very awkward shapes. It may look simpler from the photos, but in reality there are a lot of tight bends, concave surfaces and sharp points that would make it very challenging indeed.

Whilst I'm not sure about the plinth idea for this build, it's very similar to an idea I had for a future NAS box actually, only using downlighting rather than uplighting. I'm also planning to make the case out of stone, which should be exciting to say the least.

I fell like at any moment it might just fly away with those wing-like panels, its amazing.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |