Ryse: Son of Rome coming to PCs

Victorious Secret

C5A0Zjx.jpg

I like this. 

I know people here will start saying "AHA XBONER IS DYING CONSOLES ARE STUPID DIE DIE DIE THIS GAME SUXXORS AHAHAHAH PC MASTER RACE" but those people can be ignored and laughed at. 

Any time a game drops exclusivity is a good thing. Does this mean I'll buy it? Maybe. I like hack and slasher games, I really do. Ryse was fun for the amount of time I played, so I think I could justify a purchase down the line for it. Congrats MS, you got some of my money by making a game available. 

It'll have all the DLC as well as 4K support.

More screens: 

OQcWkY5.jpg

c0sglfb.jpg

Xbox One launch game Ryse is coming to PC this fall, according to the folks behind the game, though not via the game's original publisher Microsoft. There's a little bit of a curious pattern developing here with Xbox One launch titles.1

A third-person action game set in ancient Rome, Ryse was developed by Crytek and published by Microsoft for the Xbox One's launch last November. The PC release, however, will be co-published by Crytek and Deep Silver, the latter of which recently took over development of former Crytek project Homefront 2

That makes Ryse the second Xbox One launch game published by Microsoft last fall that's coming to PC later this year. The first was the Capcom-developed Dead Rising 3, which Microsoft put on its console but which will be published by Capcom for its September 2014 PC release.

http://kotaku.com/divisive-xbox-one-launch-game-ryse-is-coming-to-pc-acc-1617573860/all

Obviously it didn't sell well on console. When will devs realise that releasing a game just for console or making it console centric isn't a good idea if they want their company to be profitable.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Ryse is such an average game. Nothing bad about it, but it doesn't have that something that makes you want to play it. I guess it's nice to have it on PC but I don't see it being a big hit on PC either.

Hurray, down with exclusives!!!!!!!!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Obviously it didn't sell well on console. When will devs realise that releasing a game just for console or making it console centric isn't a good idea if they want their company to be profitable.

When will companies learn that making a genuinely good title will get them money and put them in good favour with gamers, and not end up becoming so hated that they're voted America's worst company or whatever.

Tired of devs wanting to make more money but not wanting to deliver a better product.

Good thing about this: Less exclusives is good for consumers.

Bad thing about this: Ryse looks like a very mediocre game so I will probably not get it. It would have been far more exciting if it was for example Halo or Forza or some other franchise people actually care about.

-snip-

If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.

Last of Us. God of War. Halo. Killzone. Uncharted. Gears of War. Mario. Zelda. Metal Gear. 

Should I keep going? 

Good to great games will sell. No matter what. Make a game like that, doesn't matter how exclusive it is. People will buy it because its worth buying. 

Ryse was too simplistic and didn't have enough replay value and quite frankly they didn't do enough to set it apart from the heard. IT could've been the start of MS's own God of War competitor, but it didn't do that. At least the first one didn't, who knows if there will a second. 

"consolefags" ... Is it really acceptable to call people fags now?

If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.

The PCMasterRace bullshit is getting tiresome as it creeps into every single forum and every single 12 year old actually takes it seriously. Its sad. 

First party studios beg to differ, specifically anything by Naughty Dog.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I have never even cared enough to learn the plot of this game, or anything of this game really. I still don't care to do so even though it's as easy as highlighting the games name and clicking one button to search for it.  I guess I won't be buying it then.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm not going to be buying this anyway. Especially with GTA V coming out and all...

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Less exclusives are good, but I won't buy this still.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Anyone who supports or belives exclusives are good idea are prolly stupid or something.

Exclusives are the worst things ever,probably why they will release pc cause little sales on 1 platform alone.

I know people here will start saying "AHA XBONER IS DYING CONSOLES ARE STUPID DIE DIE DIE THIS GAME SUXXORS AHAHAHAH PC MASTER RACE" but those people can be ignored and laughed at. 

Well I think the truth is that if the Xbox One had sold better, we probably wouldn't be seeing former exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse come to PC. I'm sure Capcom and Crytek's financial troubles didn't help things, but it's reasonable to wonder if these PC ports are because the XB1 is (still) doing poorly. 

AKA we need MONEY !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Ryse: Son of a Bitch.

Games should come to PC first, then consoles.

The goddamn fish with helmets. Goddamn it I was finally rid off that stupid fucking game and now I'll see news on it and images that freak me the fuck out.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I really have no interest in getting this game, but I'm tempted just so Microsoft will see people will buy their games on PC and maybe get Halo to the PC again.

Tell that Naughty Dog and Rockstar...

It doesn't matter if it is on console or not - if it's a good game people will buy it, if not then you end up like Crytek and many other studios.

144Hz goodness

It beat it in one sitting at a buddys house. Pretty meh and generic overall story. Not to mention it looked absolutely awful with next to no aa and an obscene amount of motion blur. Really not worth it unless its maybe like 5 bucks on steam sale.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I really have no interest in getting this game, but I'm tempted just so Microsoft will see people will buy their games on PC and maybe get Halo to the PC again.

Good point.  A campaign should be started to make this the most purchased game in 2014, not because of the game's content, but to prove that money is to be made in PC games. :)