What headphones are you using?

Mattyc

Razer Kraken because i got it quite cheap and i think they are quite good

i have a razer adaro in ears and a razer electra.

i love the sound on my adaros the mids and highs are spot on for me. 

JVC HARX300

0004683803020_500X500.jpg

Why spend so much on headphones when I only use it occasionally when on skype? I prefer speakers most of the time, it's annoying having something restricting movement/weighing on your head for long periods of time.

Alternating between Sennheiser HD598 and modded Fostex T50-RP.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Right at the present moment in time I'm using Takstar pro-80s. Just using them to see what they're like and to do a review on them. So far, they're not really to my liking because I'm still in my "fun" headphone stage. They're very flat. They're comfortable though!

KeLsogD.jpg

#!

Sony ZX600s. Need to upgrade, but I have not. The ZX600s are on 4 years now. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Sony MDR-7509.  They are tight, crisp, and clean.  Handles a lot of bass, but doesn't artificially overproduce it for your ears.  Professional level gear, but not overly expensive because of it.... $200 or so.  You see them on the heads of about every Hollywood movie director on a set because they deliver accuracy with power.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Sony MDR-7509.  They are tight, crisp, and clean.  Handles a lot of bass, but doesn't artificially overproduce it for your ears.  Professional level gear, but not overly expensive because of it.... $200 or so.  You see them on the heads of about every Hollywood movie director on a set because they deliver accuracy with power.

I think you mean the 7506, which is only $80ish

I think you mean the 7506, which is only $80ish

7509 is real headphone.

7509 is real headphone.

Yes, but doesn't measure as nicely as 7506 according to headroom, and isn't in stock on Amazon. As such, I must assume he meant the 7506.

Yes, but doesn't measure as nicely as 7506 according to headroom, and isn't in stock on Amazon. As such, I must assume he meant the 7506.

He might, but that would be two typo's one of which is a bit extreme. So I think that he means the 7509

He might, but that would be two typo's one of which is a bit extreme. So I think that he means the 7509

I just realized this is a "what're you using" thread and not a recommendation thread.

I just realized this is a "what're you using" thread and not a recommendation thread.

rX3NX.gif

Time to bounce then? 

10556217_10152309293422333_3577253133699

They are MDR-7509.  I like em.  Pads are typical Sony and flake off soon.  But the material underneath is better anyway.  Plus, they apparently don't make them anymore.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

noob

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

AKG Q701. Love the analytical sound of these headphones. Bought them from the Massdrop deal because it was the cheapest price I'd ever seen them at and I wanted to get into high end headphones.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK

broken earbuds

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

AKG Q701. Love the analytical sound of these headphones. Bought them from the Massdrop deal because it was the cheapest price I'd ever seen them at and I wanted to get into high end headphones.

How much did you get them for? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

How much did you get them for? 

Got them for $150.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK

HD800s and LCD-X

Still trying to figure out if I wanna keep the LCDX or return it.

the HD800s are $1800 here. I noticed no difference between HD650s and the HD800s, apart from their price tag.

#!

the HD800s are $1800 here. I noticed no difference between HD650s and the HD800s, apart from their price tag.

Where I live you can probably get secondhand for say, 1100 instead. The HD800s are pretty different from HD600s so I'm not sure what's up with that. But if you really tried to find a difference and can't, well, you get to have 1000+ more in you wallet? So that's good for you.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Where I live you can probably get secondhand for say, 1100 instead. The HD800s are pretty different from HD600s so I'm not sure what's up with that. But if you really tried to find a difference and can't, well, you get to have 1000+ more in you wallet? So that's good for you.

This is true, it's the individual listening experience that counts at the end of the day :D 

#!

This is true, it's the individual listening experience that counts at the end of the day :D

It's highly dependent on the type of music you were listening to. HD800 has much more treble.