How do i keep my room cool?

jake98

Just got my PC up and running and its working like a dream! (much thanks to the forum) but i live in Kansas in a 2 story house with a cruddy AC. The ambient temps are really effecting my gaming and OC so how can i keep my room cooler? I have a ceiling fan and an oscillating fan and its still really hot.

UPSIDE :)  the heating sucks too so in the winter its super cool

I5 4690k (non-OC)

h100i

Temps 35 at idle 55ish when gaming

GTX 780 (non-OC)

Temps

45 at idle 75 when gaming 

Thanks,

Jake

We all got left behind.

close all the curtains , live during the night.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

close all the curtains , live during the night.

Dont have Curtains but i have blinds i can shut and that should help and lol i do live at night its 12:30 and i just drank a red bull  :D

We all got left behind.

fans won't keep ambient temps lower, they just circulate air better

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

If you have a window put a stack of some old fans together and stick it in front of the window using a DC power supply to bring in the cooler air from outside, if it's hotter outside do the opposite and exhaust. I have a 200mm currently bringing some cold night air or the room be boiling.

Dont have Curtains but i have blinds i can shut and that should help and lol i do live at night its 12:30 and i just drank a red bull  :D

i have a cold water dispenser in my room :P money well spend 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i have a cold water dispenser in my room :P money well spend 

Lucky!

though I'd prefer a sort of mini fridge filled with sodas :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you're on summer break, you might as well switch to a more nocturnal sleeping habits.

Ideal hours would be 7PM to 11 AM.

Error: 410

If you're on summer break, you might as well switch to a more nocturnal sleeping habits.

Ideal hours would be 7PM to 11 AM.

Unless you like seeing other people

i just drank a red bull 

Then knock it off. Caffeine is bad for you when you're hot and does nothing to aid that. Drink water.

Then knock it off. Caffeine is bad for you when you're hot and does nothing to aid that. Drink water.

Not just water though. Something like juices, ice tea and sodas (as long as not caffeinated) in addition to water. But yeah, water is better in hot environment than caffeinated drinks.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Unless you like seeing other people

psh, they have lights were I live.

Maybe not in Canada, but where I live during the summer literally nothing (or nothing to me or anyone I know) gets anything done during 12~5 PM.

Seeing other people is a moot point since all the seeing of other people would never occur during these hours anyway. Arguably a lifestyle adjusted towards later night hours would result in you seeing more people since literally everyone not over 30 that I know starts their day when the sun goes down (excluding school and work)

Error: 410

Not just water though. Something like juices, ice tea and sodas (as long as not caffeinated) in addition to water. But yeah, water is better in hot environment than caffeinated drinks.

Some of my past jobs included working outdoors in the harsh summer heat and nothing beat a cold water. :D

For me i just get a cup filled with ice and eat ice cubes here and there, to cool me down

:/

Buy heavy curtains....I work nights. Its 9am and I just got home and im about to go to sleep. Its really hot today and my heavy curtains really help.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Make a ghetto swamp cooler, take a cooler, put two holes in it, a fan on each. Fill that baby up with ice and turn the fans on and woila.

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

do you want to know what i do when its hot in my room 

BTW your temps are the same as mine 

k52WrUx.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Make a bowl of ice (might take quite a while to fill up a bowl). Now pour some salt on that, but coarse sea salt because it has natural impurities in it to help this process. Now Go outside, grab a hand full of sand/mud and stir it into the salt mixture. This will cause the water molecules to bond with the salt impurities which makes a stronger bond than the hydrogen bonds between the molecules themselves. Now put it in the freezer until it freezes again and take it out asap, don't let it sit in your freezer because you will overwork your pump sucking out the heat from the mixture. Now your mixture will be well below freezing and 3x colder than ice. Now put the bowl in your.. I don't know, I'm just making this up.

Go buy a big fan and open your windows.

Foil the windows. Turn off other electric devices. Keep your door open. Stop blaming your gaming on temperature. :P