Prototype Display Lets You Say Goodbye to Reading Glasses

LastYouSee

The technology uses algorithms to alter an image based on a person’s glasses prescription together with a light filter set in front of the display. The algorithm alters the light from each individual pixel so that, when fed through a tiny hole in the plastic filter, rays of light reach the retina in a way that re-creates a sharp image...

In addition to making it easier for people with simple vision problems to use all kinds of displays without glasses, the technique may help those with more serious vision problems caused by physical defects that can’t be corrected with glasses or contacts, researchers say.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/529191/prototype-display-lets-you-say-goodbye-to-reading-glasses/

This sounds really cool and can be a great help for a lot of people. It would be awesome to have this when we're all old and wanna have a LAN party at the retirement home :D

The research paper will be presented at the International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Vancouver.

CPU: Intel i7 2600K @3.5 GHz  | Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z67x-UD3-B3 Ram: Kingston HyperX 16 GB | Video Card: Nvidia GTX 580 Storage: Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD + 2x2 TB HDDPower Supply: Silverstone 750W Monitor: Apple Cinema 21" | Keyboard: Corsair K90  | Mouse: Steelseries XAI Headset : Steelseries 9H 

There is more to the world than a screen and sitting on your butt in the living room. While this is neat, it doesn't let you say goodbye to anything except maybe whatever is within your home. Unless you get laser correction, you're still gonna need dem frames. ;)

(I totally wouldn't mind having this tech in my monitor, though..)

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreposttttrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)