So I have the opportunity to get Beats 2 Solos for $100

NickTheMajin

I have an Apple gift card ($100) that I can use in the store so I would only be spending about $100 in cash. Figured I'd use it on some closed headphones for studying/library purposes since my Sennheiser 558s cannot be used anywhere around other people. Any reason I shouldn't do this? I've used the new Solos and found them quite comfortable and pleasant to listen to. 

no.    NO.  NOOOOOO.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Erm, I'd just sell it for like $95 and use that money elsewhere, anything Beats imo is a waste. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

You would have to pay me to see me walking around with some beats, but if you can get them cheap, sure, they just aren't worth the full price tag by any means. Unless you are a fashion whore of course.

As said above, I suppose you could buy them with the coupon, then sell them as new on eBay or something, that's always an option. Or if you like them keep them, up to you really.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

don't they sell Bose's and Sennheisers at apple store's as well (i actually havent gone to apple store's i just checked the website.)

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Any reason not to? They're $100 with my gift card. 

Buy them and sell them unopened for $75 more. 

That's what I'd do. Then spend another $50-100 out of pocket and get some real headphones. (Heck, most would argue that some $150 units are better than those beats anyway).

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Beats are a ripoff, it's just the name that makes it expensive. You can find skullcandy and sony headphones for less with the same quality and same better sound. But if you find them cheap and like them then go ahead. It's the name which makes it popular.

Buy them and sell them unopened for $75 more. 

That's what I'd do. Then spend another $50-100 out of pocket and get some real headphones. (Heck, most would argue that some $150 units are better than those beats anyway).

I already have HD558s, and am not looking to spend any more than $100. 

don't they sell Bose's and Sennheisers at apple store's as well (i actually havent gone to apple store's i just checked the website.)

Yes, but I never have liked Bose, ironically their headquarters is in my town. And Sennheiser's Momentums are not comfortable for me. I've tried them out at a Best Buy. 

Yes, but I never have liked Bose. And Sennheiser's Momentums are not comfortable for me. I've tried them out at a Best Buy. 

velour pads are never comfy at stores they are meant to mold in you ears over time.

Yes, but I never have liked Bose, ironically their headquarters is in my town. And Sennheiser's Momentums are not comfortable for me. I've tried them out at a Best Buy. 

Well if you like the sound of beats then get them :) Don't let other peoples opinion of them stop you from it :)

Bose blows anyway, really the apple store won't sell much that doesn't suck, P7's are nice, but out of your price range. 

Bose blows anyway, really the apple store won't sell much that doesn't suck, P7's are nice, but out of your price range. 

velour pads are never comfy at stores they are meant to mold in you ears over time.

Leather for the fullsized, alcantara for the on ear

Leather for the fullsized, alcantara for the on ear

Don't they still have the same stuffing inside that sennheiser uses? the one that takes its time to get comfortable?

Don't they still have the same stuffing inside that sennheiser uses? the one that takes its time to get comfortable?

Elaborate on "stuffing" The P7 uses real leather like the fullsized, which is odd to some people, but maybe I just need to check my privilege and stop using nice headphones.

Get some sennheiser momentums or some bowers and wilkins or something! Apple do sell some great headphones, pop into store and try them out

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've found what ever you like is what you like. I like the bose AE2's just as much as the Audiotechnica M-50's. People are right you could do better but if you just want to spend the $100 gift card and no more and like the beats, buy them after all they're free because of the gift card its not costing you a cent.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I have an Apple gift card ($100) that I can use in the store so I would only be spending about $100 in cash. Figured I'd use it on some closed headphones for studying/library purposes since my Sennheiser 558s cannot be used anywhere around other people. Any reason I shouldn't do this? I've used the new Solos and found them quite comfortable and pleasant to listen to. 

Go for ATH M40X.You will not regret the purchase.

OP, there's better headphones for under a hundred bucks, so frankly, it would be stupid to spend $200 just because $100 of it is on a gift card.

Sell the card or spend it on something useful.

Um, they're Alcantara thankyouverymuch, not mere velour.

OP, there's better headphones for under a hundred bucks, so frankly, it would be stupid to spend $200 just because $100 of it is on a gift card.

Sell the card or spend it on something useful.

Um, they're Alcantara thankyouverymuch, not mere velour.

Already got corrected thankyouverymuch, about mere 10 hours ago.

Go for ATH M40X.You will not regret the purchase.

I have used ATH m50s and was extremely underwhelmed by them. I bought a pair for one of my ex girlfriends a few years ago and did not understand the hype at all once they were on my head.

I have used ATH m50s and was extremely underwhelmed by them. I bought a pair for one of my ex girlfriends a few years ago and did not understand the hype at all once they were on my head.

Then you will like M40x,M40X sounds neutral compared to bass heavy sound of m50.Sound is better than that of Sennheiser hd 280