Show off your latest purchases

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

I think one of the players I have beats it pretty handily, but yeah the Sony units get pretty awesome battery life. I hate how a lot of them use the WMPort though; for me it's USB C or bust. 

Totally agree about the software. It's why I used my iPod Nano for more then a decade. 

If you like smaller players, you should check out the Hidiz AP80 Pro. The build quality is outstanding, I'd say better than the considerably more expensive Cowon Plenue D3. 

A Ryzen 9 5900 and probably a 2080. I already have a 600w Corsair coming that will probably be used instead. 

Yeah 600w is still pushing it. Definitely better than 550w though

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

12 minutes ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Yeah 600w is still pushing it. Definitely better than 550w though

It won't be too bad, most reviews show a sub 400w pull from the wall under intense load. And those are with more power hungry CPUs. It'll be in a small enclosure so it'll probably be undervolted anyway. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, Eschew said:
  • Dragon Age II for $1.79 from Fanatical, went for $1.99 from Origin.
    • Base game only. I’ll get the DLC Bundle whenever that drops below $7.

Unpolular opinion: Dragon Age II is the best part of the series. (At least for me) Origin was just too damn slow and extremely boring, Inquisition never really cought on for me. Tried it multiple times for a few hours and i just didn't find any motivation to play on.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:17 AM, 8tg said:

E799760C-DFA0-4D92-A3A4-A83C157B3205.thumb.jpeg.4235dd6d7dcfa7feb2e1beb952408172.jpeg

Songs From The Big Chair + 2014 remaster edition as 96khz 24 bit flacs 

People really still buy music in this day and age?

There are streaming services using FLAC and pretty much all of them support downloading for offline listening. And if you buy more than 1 album a month you typically also end up spending more than just getting a Qobuz or Tidal subscription to millions of songs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

People really still buy music in this day and age?

Too much of the music I used to listen to on YouTube, Pandora, etc would be removed by publishers and I just don’t want to deal with that anymore.

Music isn’t that expensive for me, and I like high quality audio so things like 128kbps YouTube ripped audio are just off the table.

Buying the music I have it forever, streaming the music I have access to it for as long as that service exists.

20 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Too much of the music I used to listen to on YouTube, Pandora, etc would be removed by publishers and I just don’t want to deal with that anymore.

Music isn’t that expensive for me, and I like high quality audio so things like 128kbps YouTube ripped audio are just off the table.

Buying the music I have it forever, streaming the music I have access to it for as long as that service exists.

How high quality is a disk/whatever you buy it on? 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

How high quality is a disk/whatever you buy it on? 

Digital downloads vary, bandcamp will offer the bare minimum of a 44.1khz 24 bit flac, though some albums will be up to 96khz

Prostudiomasters and NativeDSD will have anything from 44.1khz 24 bit all the way up to DSD1024

Most physical media, CDs, will have 44.1khz 16 bit or 24 bit flacs or wavs depending on age and original recording quality.

For some examples, Aesop Rock & Blockhead’s Garbology album was 88.2khz 24 bit flacs off of bandcamp.

Authenticity by Helixirx was originally recorded in DSD256. 
And that above album by Tears for Fears is the 96khz 24 bit flac album, it’s original quality.

All in comparison, the best possible quality you can get from Spotify is 320kbps ogg files, YouTube is 128kbps or 192kbps at best.

Looks like Spotify Hi-Fi has been delayed with no end date in site too

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/spotify-finally-responds-to-queries-over-the-delayed-launch-of-its-hifi-tier

Which sucks the big one

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Grats on the phone! ^

I wish Sony would go back to offering smaller ones.

Some of the stuff I'd ordered have arrived, plus a completely off-the-cuff purchase in the form of a monitor mounted overhead lamp that does white light, and warm light. The bezel on my monitor is exceptionally thin, so I had to do a little impromptu mod to get it to stay on top, seems to be working out nicely.

spacer.png

The Pudding type keycaps have been installed on my Fire 69, pic also includes three of those special artisan keycaps I'd ordered, using one on the keyboard right now.

spacer.png

In case it went unnoticed, I'd also gotten an oversized mousepad to go with my recently acquired desk....

spacer.png

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

7 hours ago, IPD said:

Grats on the phone! ^

I wish Sony would go back to offering smaller ones.

Its very thin width wise, so it feel small even though its tall.

Sun Oracle X3-2 with two Xeon E5-2640 and 4x 4GB DDR3.
Additionaly some sort of LSI raid card and two SFP+ HBAs, which I didn't even know about when I bought it 😁
I'll get a closer look at things on the weekend.

PXL_20220119_161018401.thumb.jpg.2ba0ef5d4b4bb465d732cd7effc8a7a1.jpg

PXL_20220119_165718421.thumb.jpg.af0368ac5e7c7190bad7b28a08a593ed.jpg

PXL_20220119_163826501.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.bf3fd186e7e2575df0de9b639b01d6cc.jpg

PXL_20220119_160531805.thumb.jpg.2fcc9343f222b991cdc72a5bf908a17f.jpg

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

Its very thin width wise, so it feel small even though its tall.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9082&idPhone2=10698

19mm taller.  No reason for it.  They could remove the bottom area that says "SONY" off and had a 21:9 with pretty much the same screen to body ratio.

Does yours still have the 1-handed mode?

7 hours ago, GamerDude said:

Some of the stuff I'd ordered have arrived, plus a completely off-the-cuff purchase in the form of a monitor mounted overhead lamp that does white light, and warm light. The bezel on my monitor is exceptionally thin, so I had to do a little impromptu mod to get it to stay on top, seems to be working out nicely.

spacer.png

The Pudding type keycaps have been installed on my Fire 69, pic also includes three of those special artisan keycaps I'd ordered, using one on the keyboard right now.

spacer.png

In case it went unnoticed, I'd also gotten an oversized mousepad to go with my recently acquired desk....

spacer.png

Ducky FTW.  Only reason I went with the One 2 instead of the Shine 7 was availability and cost.  Wasn't sure the brushed aluminum was worth the premium over the plastic.  Yours looks great though!  I have the RGB One 2 with black pudding caps--so looks pretty similar.  Still can't find a CAPS button instead of a down arrow....

51 minutes ago, IPD said:

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9082&idPhone2=10698

19mm taller.  No reason for it.  They could remove the bottom area that says "SONY" off and had a 21:9 with pretty much the same screen to body ratio.

Does yours still have the 1-handed mode?

Shorter would have been nice, but 6 inch tall is the shortest you can find in a phone these days :(.
It does stil have 1 hand mode.

8 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Shorter would have been nice, but 6 inch tall is the shortest you can find in a phone these days :(.
It does stil have 1 hand mode.

iPhone 12/13 mini, 5.14”

I like mine, it’s actually usable with one hand.

39 minutes ago, 8tg said:

iPhone 12/13 mini, 5.14”

I like mine, it’s actually usable with one hand.

I would shove a glass swizel stick up my urethra and smash it with a hammer...before I migrated to Apple.

Cheapy headphone stand for my cheapy HD579s

PXL_20220119_231521620.thumb.jpg.fb3e6c218bb6956e6fda59c839eaead1.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

53 minutes ago, IPD said:

I would shove a glass swizel stick up my urethra and smash it with a hammer...before I migrated to Apple.

I used to be the same way and gave them a chance. Now I wont go back to Android. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.